The real reason why people on these forums can't stop complaining

Come on people, Campaign modes made sense back in 2000-2005 when not everyone had internet at home, online competition was not as developed as it is today… in 2019 the only people who play the campaign are ‘‘story fanatics’’ and total newbies.

Most of the people today play online games. Games where you can interact and play with or versus others. Those campaign times are gone. Were part of the past of the videogames.

Whoever is complaining about the lack of a new campaign or things like that… welcome to 2019!

Now to be realistic… how are the games companies going to get their profit?? doing campaigns in 2019/2020??? I believe the answer is NO. I would say the 80% of the videogames industry is on the online/competitive games. I am sorry for that 20% that likes to play campaigns… but that is an oldfashion thing. All new games that are being released are online games, with some kind of minor single player thing but irrelevant and don’t expect the videogames companies to spend too much time there.

this is my opinion, sorry.

I dunno, tell me about it. You started after all.

Troll… From this point you are being ignored.
Surely you are the person someone wants to interact with, with your first sentence being an insult to everyone on this forum.
Get lost filthy millenial.

No one cares about your opinion… Go back to your neanderthal cave where you scrawled out from.

Ahh… you are that guy who is bu**hurt by WoW trash campaign being cancelled.
Well… i guess they cancelled it because all of you wanted it… You are the majority, or at least you present it that way.

Funny how Blizzard decides to give up their work for someone who is actually no one, since all of you would highly appreciate their work.

Don’t come with “nobody likes it” here on forum. This isn’t WoW forum.

Just a little pissed for what they introduce in 2018 an scrap in 2019. Nothing all. If I want a campaign Hive workshop will make a lot of them. I just ask “why lack of comunication? Why so much hate of WoW lore? Why so much interest in keep Classic and reforged unite if this brings reforged one step down from what was suppose to be”. I’m just curios, not butthurt. I still play it like every game blizzard release.

1 Like

Dude, I respect that you are an story fanatic, unless you consider yourself a newbie. I am aware the truth sometimes hurt… but it is what it is. Campaign modes are an obsolete thing. Welcome to 2020!

You don’t even have a clue of how … un intelligent you sound.
Campaigns are the place where you appreciate the writers efforts, similar as with books.

But how could you know that since it’s been probably 20+ years since you read your last book, so… this discussion is rather pointless

2 Likes

What is the 2020 standard you are talking about? Games don’t have campaigns any more? I don’t understand here.

3 Likes

Pay more get less

He is a lunatic… just ignore him

I don’t agree with this.
Especially since a lot of people obv didn’t really understand what Reforge is…
Now don’t get me wrong, i know Blizzbois promised some things, then gave up…
But regardless… They gave up mostly because the community didn’t want those changes, rather than bailing out from other reasons.

Yet i think there is always chance for them to drop major patch and add something if they are feeling up for it, so… Release of the game should not mean that we are at a dead end.

I don’t either. But I was clarifying what the other poster is basically stating.

Ok, sir.
But he is troll though… so none of us should really care what he says… just ignore his comments.

Games might have campaigns in 2020, but it won’t be the main feature of the 95% of any new future game. This is mostly a reality…

Yeah but despite whatever statistics you talk about online…

The majority of game trends remain the same - people play more singleplayer than online with other people (either co-op or competitive). Just being online doesn’t guarantee anything when the biggest game out on the market is still stuff like Candy Crush, not Fortnite like people may think.

Story in games is less of a thing today, I agree. But in terms of Reforged? I would say more people would be buying it just to play the campaign once than there are people buying it to play competitive melee, or dare I say, even custom games.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you. I still believe there are more people playing online than just a campaign or single player. Maybe I am wrong.

opinion

fantasy setting

Blizzard has a pretty big community across all their games. Even if nobody outside of that community ever buys Reforged, you still have millions of players being exposed to it for the first time in the launcher.

If Reforged gets anywhere near something like 1 million players, I feel like the community would consider that a huge win. 100k players when you think about it is a lot of people… that’s more than enough to sustain an active community.

1 Like

True indeed. Which is why it would be nonsense to turn this into WoW polygon for new Shadowlands subscribers.

True… For example Dota2 which is one of the most popular games nowadays had a base of 1.2m people, yet about 100k online … wc3 which is still ignored, you can’t even buy classic cd key any more, has about 3-4k players on battle net.
Still there are other platforms people still play both customs and melee.

I surely do think this game will have a bright future…
And you never know what future might bring to us… When that sweet cash starts flowing, thats when stuff begins to happen.

The reason why the game has a small number of players is that - The game itself is really old and you can run classic only if you have CD with it. Reforged is good for the new audience but right now it’s in a state of cloassed Beta - Not even all of the people who bought the game has an access to play it. But when the game will come out - it will find it’s audience. Many Starcraft players or WoW fanbase will want to play it

3 Likes

Well I suggest you go and take a look how well singleplayer PS4 exclusives have sold…Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, God of War…we are talking about some of the best selling games on that console…

Ofc its also true that multiplayer focus has been heavily emphasized by many major developers recently, but I think you have very one sided view of things if you are ignoring how well some of the singleplayer/story focused games are also selling.

Meanwhile look what has happened to many “games as service” type of products…released in utterly crappy state and then flop entirely (Fallout 76, Anthem, Ghost Recon Breakpoint)…Heck Blizzard even decided to story focused content on Overwatch 2 with apparently even cutscenes and all that…and suprisingly enough even with the most recent CoD they decided to bring singleplayer campaign back after it was missing from Black Ops 4.

So what I think is that you really need to look at this from broader perspective. Many singleplayer ONLY games can be succesfull even today, if the quality and hype is there. For sure if you would ask question “Would Warcraft IV or even just Warcraft singleplayer RPG ever be as financially succesfull as WoW has been”, then the answer would be ofc not…which is also one of the main reasons why we can forget about all the talk about Warcraft existing in any other form (aside from Reforged) aside from MMO, until WoW would slowly wither away.

However as we have seen WoW is definitely not dying any time soon and although its popularity is but shadow of where it was 10 years ago, each new expansion at launch has sold around 3 million units (give it or take few hundred thousand copies), so as long as WoW continues to have that much of fanbase, its difficult to see that Blizzard would stop making new expansions for it any time soon.

But ofc its good to have talk about where we would like to see Warcraft to go after WoW is done for good, which is bound to happen sooner or later, whether its 5, 10 or 15 years from now. But personally no matter what approach Blizzard might take after WoW, whether it would be Warcraft IV or singleplayer Warcraft RPG game, my only wish is that Blizzard would not make the mistake of assuming that everyone who would be interested in that game would have also played WoW and all its expansions over the years and would know the lore throughout…and again especially so if we would talk about WC IV, I think it should be no brainer that the story picks up one way or another where Warcraft III: TFT ended. Whether it would be by retelling WoW’s story or scrapping it entirely and going for alternative timeline, both would be fine by me, I just dont want Blizzard to piss everyone who hasnt played WoW and all its damned expansions over the years in the eye and say “well thats too bad, go watch the cutscenes/read the lore online if you want to catch up on all the details”

2 Likes