The demo vs the current beta

if the final game shows up really just like the beta, and nothing like the demo, can we get our refund? cuz we should have the right to refund because blizzard would be lying in 2018 with real game look nothing like the demo.

Why do you keep pulling the “lying argument?”. It literally says on the screen “Work in Progress - art and effects not final.”

If the game doesn’t turn out to be what you saw, it’s your fault that you pre-ordered instead of just waiting for release.

And im not happy with the BETA either. It looks like crap compared to the 2018 demo.

imagine u were talking with a girl u met online, and her pictures indicate she is very pretty and just the type you’d like. and after months of talking and u paid $300 flight ticket to meet her, and u found out that she looks very different from her pics and is ugly as heck, would u not feel u were lied to?

1 Like

I wouldn’t feel that lied to if she had "Work in progress - face might not be what it seems " on her picture. :wink:

It’s still your own fault for pre-ordering an unfinished game lol.

1 Like

The graphics need match with graphics of The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018 please! The demo of 2018 looked perfect!

1 Like

Agreed! I think they already will go bring back that!

1 Like

Where you found that information ?

The game needs look like as shown in The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018! Now in this 2019 beta the game looks very weak :frowning:

x_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfQ_qk7kxCQ&t=498s

Just check how it compare to the 2019 beta, this models have better graphics…
Just keep crying guys and maybe blizzard will make a wc3 with REALLY NICE graphics please!

1 Like

Because the demo was done on Starcraft engine. There are some features that they haven’t yet implemented for Warcraft 3 engine.

Still, Why don’t standarise that and run starcraft and warcraft on the same engine? Hell, there could even be shared data folder (like WOW retail and classic), and even shared world editor.

What? starcraft engine ? who said that? hm… why would they use the starcraft engine just for the demo? i am confused… maybe a marketing trick but idk.

The models look amazing and perfect, but the graphics need match with the look of The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018

Some streamer said that when streaming the demo, that he had interview with the devs and it was in fact on some starcraft engine.

I guess they wanted to do it on Starcraft engine, because back then Warcraft 3 engine was at even worse stage than today.

And I guess that it was relatively easy to port one mission to Starcrat engine for better graphics. Especially when it was just installed on their own machines, so they wouldn’t have to care about stuff such as disk space or download size.

hm make sense.

1 Like

That explains everything, thanks for posting. Starcraft 2’s engine is obviously superior, unit’s movement is smoother and the graphic is prettier.

I think it all hinges on one question: is Reforged expected to be compatible with the orignal W3? If yes, then unfortunately it’s meant to be a massive reskin running on the W3 engine; if no, then maybe the 2018 demo version could be brought back which, according to the previous post, is running on SC2 engine.

Yes.

But graphics can be improved without changing map or save file format.

1 Like

I highly doubt that. The overall performance will still look worse than the demo no matter what they do. W3 engine has its limits. This really feels like false advertising.

3 Likes

Doubt most of us agree with the part “the demo from 2018 looked so clean” Not everyone got access to the demo from home that’s why it worked fine on their Arcade comps at Blizzcon and most people at Blizzcon got a chance to play it.

Can we all agree blizzard’s silence in this is very unprofessional? They went silent for an entire year, release the beta, then goes silent AGAIN. Who does that? Why can’t we have developers like AOE2:DE who actually COMMUNICATE with the community. Just disappointing. I wish them a class-action lawsuit if the release blows, which it will.

3 Likes

I hope the game looks like The Culling demo, lets hope the great graphics back! <3

2 Likes