Terrain looks horrible, add cloud shadows or something

Agree whit that

No we “whining” because unlike you we want the terrain to have better and updated visuals for a 2019 standard.

5 Likes

It would be Warcraft 3.5 (hinting at a complete overhaul instead of just a remaster)

There’s probably about 5-10 noteworthy custom maps, and honestly applying terrain to that wouldn’t be that difficult.

Also, it’s not “slightly better terrain”, it’s a s%$#load better terrain, versus a few custom maps which could be reworked - I know what I would prefer.

Most people have come for updated campaign / melee / terrain… Or haven’t you been reading the forums?

2 Likes

The game is freaking remaster of 17 year old game that runs on EXACT same engine as the original.

I might understand your complain if this was brand new game we were talking about, but its not. And like said, finishing effects on units models should take priority at this point than making the terrain look nicer.

1 Like

not exact same engine, for example, in wc3 engine was impossible to use processgenerated shadows. The game-mechanical part is the same, but graphicaly they using the new one to overcome limitations of old engine. Terrain is about graphical part - so they possible to change it to the next level.

The terrain of The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018 is perfect. Now the terrain of beta 2019 looks old and strange :frowning:

3 Likes

I noticed that RTS and Park Simulation players pay an inordinate amount of attention to terrain. Must be the Top Down perspective.

I think they will hear and will try fixing <3

Well when i play the game i wanna enjoy it and take the time to build the base, explore the map, build units, i don’t like to rush as fastest to kill the enemy, its not interesting to finish the game so fast, its not moba, i watch grubby and i never played like that, so rushed , its not even funny to me. And the graphics are very important key to me, that’s why i hate LOL and i play dota 2 ( i like better graphics) and when Sousa said they are going for realistic art style i was super hyped, the models are amazing, and the demo was great.
I still think they will update the terrain, let be real they wont let those tree to be the final design. And i think we should calm down a little, i think they are aware.

3 Likes

We hope the realistic awesome graphics of The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018 there! :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope too! Lets go wait <3

The game now need make a option to play only with reforged owners (to play with improvedt graphics) or classic owners (to play with downgrade graphics) it can be a solution.

1 Like

Then you will still have compatibility issues, especially with model silhouettes and engine capability.

They need to remove compatibility all together, there’s no need for it.

That will need the option i have said previously, this will fix that i think.

Was it really a compatibility issue? It is very worrying :frowning:

Will there be an update that will improve the graphics and terrain?

Will it be after the custom map games update? Lets say discuss and think about that possibility :smiley:

Hopefully they focus after this update on fixing the graphics, after that all will be fine

2 Likes

The models looks perfect, the houses look perfect too, but the graphics… oh boy, that now are so disappointing :frowning:
But i think they will fix that in final release! :blush:

1 Like

So much people liked the 3d models, they look really good, but the game needs improve again the graphics! Please!

1 Like