So I guess were just done talking about it?

So I guess were done talking about how Reforged looks and plays terrible? Didn’t they address at Blizcon they were working to improve the visual clarity of units? oh wait… the guy who said that quit right before reforged came out lmfaooo

17 Likes

We paid, they got the payment, this thing will sit on life support for a year, and they’ll abandon it in broken state. I strongly doubt they’ll even fix custom campaigns despite their promises.

16 Likes

I mean last I checked it handled the exact same as Warcraft 3 except for some funny mouseover stuff with item drops.

4 Likes

I mean the “new” graphics play terrible.

5 Likes

Some of the Graphics don’t even “feel” right…

If you want a remaster done right play C&C Remastered…the only annoying thing about that is they renamed Humvees for some reason.

5 Likes

no big war3 streamer uses the reforged graphics, they are ugly and unfinished and even problematic to recognize at times.

“classic” graphics are just far superior and more popular, so blizzard probably gave up on the reforged graphics.

7 Likes

I mean last I checked it handled the exact same as Warcraft 3 except for some funny mouseover stuff with item drops.

Oh really now?
Maybe except for the fact, that it’s performance is far worse, to the point when most players play on Classic mode.
Maybe also for the fact, that new graphics totally do not fit the genre, and make it difficult to tell apart units, or understand what’s going on.
Maybe also for the fact, that original RoC balancing is gone because of which, you cannot even get original RoC experience.

These things alone make the experience different, and worse. And others could probably point out even more problems with Reforged, that were not present in original.

Seriously, if you need to lie in order to provide defence for this game, it show the kind of state the game is in…

11 Likes

Just some Undead for me.

Not to “works fine on my computer”, but works fine on my computer. Any performance issues I have are with servers, not related to gameplay or running the game.

There’s a good balancing point in the middle to meet the majority’s standards for visual clarity and readability. Everyone sees everything a bit differently regardless and my personal experience has been early/ground Undead armies are the ones that are harder for me to differentiate.

Valid. Genuinely forgot about this because I just gave up on the campaigns with the patches constantly rolling back my progress. Which does make it strange that 2002 and on they had this figured out - patches not applying to the campaign but everything else. I guess it’s something they “have” to do (real emphasis on the airquotes there) because it came out half-baked and the patches also heavily include missing/unfinished things and other non-gameplay changes.

Me interpreting ‘plays terrible’ as the day-to-day Warcraft 3 Reforged melee gameplay being somehow different from Warcraft 3 melee gameplay isn’t me trying to lie.

1 Like

Well the quenching mod looks decent. As long as that maintains support through the patches, thats the best the graphics are gonna get as far as we know.

Individual opinion

Ping got better so I would say it plays better. Compared to Classic and Reforged Classic, Reforged Classic is miles ahead in ever term.

And they did. Honestly. You see no difference in Beta and the current version?

Nice Argument

And your assumption is based on what?

Reforged GFX was never intended to appeal streamer and Pro players since those people prefer to the most FPS. Look how pros play Q3, UT, CS SC etc. They play on low settings for a reason

TBH the most lies came from Anti-Reforged.

• People claimed that Old bnet had ~40ping ingame when infarct there was a 250ms hardcoded ping for everyone.
  • People claimed that Reforged has no LAN but it had LAN since Beta.
  • People claimed that Blizzard said we will get a ladder to release when they said that the game will released without a ladder and will be added in the future not naming any date.

I can go forever.

IMO no. People complain about readability in Reforged. This mod is far worse in that regard.

Bottom line: I thought way better from the W3 community. Yes, it’s sad that we got a unfinished game but heck, thread like this make it worse

2 Likes

If readability is the issue then the only solution, and I mean only, is using classic SD models.

Theres no way more money would be spent on updating the new ones, or modifying them so they are more readable than they already are. Thats the new norm to get used to, and if it’s not being gotten used to then theres no ‘fix’ for it. Jist go back to the original models for any competitive play.

They changed the 250 down to 100 a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zdAhml7U0&feature=youtu.be

Found B2W talking about it in 2017

Ladder related

According to that and

https://gaming-tools.com/warcraft-3/reforged-blizzcon-2019/

Blizzard DID say ladder would be available on release

Please do.

5 Likes

I think they just gave up to be honest. Lmao.
Read the thread titles. No one is happy about this game. Lol.

5 Likes

Maybe the manufacturer was requiring paid credits :smiley:

Warcraft 3 PTR is now gone.

But Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne are still there?

Where exactly…

It’s funny that he doesn’t seem to plan to finish the Game this year.
Nor return the Game that does work.
I mean a lose-lose.

It really seems like his real plan is to destroy W3 forever.
Perhaps so that they do not compare the bad lore of WoW with that of W3 anymore. Or something like that.