Small feedback for the Devs

A lot of people in the forums are saying they asked for, and some already got, a full refund on the basis of False Advertising in light of the new interviews after the year of zero communication.
Most people that spoke in the W3 forums over the last year are the guys and girls that stood with W3 for years, but that’s only the multiplayer/map making fans, the majority of W3 fans went to WoW or don’t care about the game except for the campaign. Either you like it or not, while the multiplayer ended up giving Warcraft 3 its longevity, it’s legendary status and TRUE legacy come from the campaign.
And now, even tho it was clearly because of lack of time and poor management, and the genius that decided to put a release date on BattleNet - 31 of december), Blizzard is saying that there not giving us what they promised: new voice lines; new cinematics; new cutscenes; additional story on top of the normal W3 (that for the majority didn’t get retconned) etc… And they are using the small, but loud, minority of dedicated fans as an escape goat!

Like many I already got a refund and will not play this game until they gave us what they promised.

23 Likes

no one cares about campaign, the people even don’t care the history and only want some fun time. Only the most nerd people care about the whole history of wc3.

Or you think the new people will play the wc1 and 2 for know the history? LOL

4 Likes

i care about the campaign.

34 Likes

OP, you might want to make the title more descriptive than “feedback”. It’s the feedback forum. Be specific in the title.

I care solely about the campaign. I’ll concern myself with PvP if the campaign gets me enthused, but I’m not counting on it.

7 Likes

I care about campaign too, so dont say crap like noone cares, because a lot of people care.

11 Likes

Yet clearly most people on these forums seem to care (for one way or another), whether we are just vocal minority is ofc different thing. But Warcraft III’s campaign clearly means much for quite many people.

7 Likes

Maybe you don’t, but I do, and it appears that we are quite a lot this way.

4 Likes

I care about the campaign.

However I am happy that we get no retconns and WoW heavy influences and changes made the original campaign.

Reforged is updated models, battle net launcher functionality, updated map editor and slight additions to the campaign in the form of updated models for characters who previously didn’t have their own model.
Also we will be getting updated map visuals on places like Dalaran, Silvermoon and Stratholme.

All these people claiming they are false advertising are incorrect to a degree.
They are delivering on what they said.
It’s just not as extensive as people imagined.

And I keep seeing the words ‘Blizzard promised’ this or that.
Blizzard made no promises.
They told you what they PLANNED to develop.

Plans change as deadlines get closer, and there are probably many factors that none of us are aware of that lead to them “scaling back” on any changes that were PLANNED.
Nothing was ‘promised’.

Personally am happy with what we are getting. Warcraft 3 has been ignored by Blizzard for many many years and it’s about time it had a facelift and some modern features.
Hate my opinion or not, that’s how I feel about it.

4 Likes

The people who only play the campaign are a vocal minority or maybe not a minority but a bit more than that, most the people want graphics, playability and campaign, if you work into graphics and playability it will benefic to the 3 mayority, tons of people when see the game say ‘’ is the same ‘’ cuz the engine is the same and the upgrades to the engine are too basic.
If you make only a new-stuff thing the people who like the graphics and the ‘’ new things ‘’ will don’t like because is the same, these people don’t care at the point to be a fanboy, even don’t know who is the voice actor cuz i play the game in another language so… these people is a really small minority with tons of the same people repeat the same thing.
For sure i want campaign, cinematic, graphics and new stuff, but sadly blizzard is too lazy.

Everyone cares of the campaign, but there’s no way the campaign is the reason wc3 is considered one of the best rtss. That’s absurd. One could say that only if for the rest of his life he had kept playing wow and realised all wow’s story comes from wc3. That’s it. And he would still be wrong. The game stayed alive because of multiplayer and got incredibly famous because of custom games, the rest is nothing compared to that. And I say this even if I love the campaign and I’m not a good melee player. I can agree with the refunds and the complaints, but what you said is not true.

1 Like

Ofc not, BUT its ONE of the reasons why I personally consider its the BEST game of all time! And I know many others do too.

If Warcraft III had only great multiplayer, but crappy singleplayer, I would never have rated it as my number 1 game of all time. Same goes though also for multiplayer. Its the whole package (singleplayer included) why I rate WC3 my favorite game of all time and as far as RTS singleplayer campaigns go, I dare say Warcraft III’s campaigns and story is the best in RTS genre, though Starcraft games also come close.

So ye when I think about my “top 10 favorite games of all time”, Warcraft III comes out on top exactly due to the fact that it had BOTH such amazing singleplayer AND multiplayer…pretty much all other games on my top 10 list had great singleplayer, but the multiplayer side was lacking/not interesting.

3 Likes

farewell…

6 Likes

I’m in the same position as you, OP. That refund felt good, though.

This can be anything but not the feedback.

It’s feedback on how I, a customer, feel about this sudden change of plan. And that my views are shared by a BIG number of other customers, as easily seen by taking a quick look at the W3 forums.
How is this not feedback? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I care solely for the campaign

7 Likes

What? How can you consider that? More than a half of the forum is full of threats of arguing about the remake of the campaign… that nobody cares about…

It‘s okay that you don‘t care. But do not refer your opinion to others…

4 Likes

I care for the campaign! And also i WILL pay for additional campaigns made by blizzard!

3 Likes

They’ve ruined my hype for the game by scrapping all this, they use the excuse that they did it because they were listening to us, this is obviously not the case. Their has been a massive upset in the community due to the changes so no one in their right mind can say all the things being scrapped is to benefit the game or appeal to the fanbase.

1 Like

The forum only represent the virginal wc3 people, only see how many people care about his males dk. Lol.