Small feedback for the Devs

It’s important that they keep their promises. However, RTS lasts because of multiplayer, not campaigns.

1 Like

Well, many players will play this game for custom games…

but since they haven’t even put much effort into the World Editor either, it seems like this was only a cash grab from pre-orders and false hype.
Only people that had to do stuff (as normal) was the poor Art team. The art team deserves all the praise in all blizzard games.

2 Likes

Same, just here for the campaign and maybe the achievements.

3 Likes

I beg to differ. For one it isn’t MP that keeps bringing me back to this game at least once a year. And 2. It’s the custom games that has kept WC3 alive and not melee. Yes there are some people who play melee, but even they aren’t who have kept this game alive. These kinds of comments are just gatekeeping, simple and blunt.

4 Likes

campaign and the editor is what i’m care about. 99%.

As rts wc3 is super outdated (more like just a bit-of-micro-trainer). I’ll prefer watch dota as decisions there is much intensive and game-impacting.

Well you do happen to realize that MOBAS and RTS are two quite different genres?..

Personally I never cared for MOBAs and I think its quite unfortunate and sad irony that MOBAs eventually pretty much killed RTS genre in popularity and it was my favorite RTS game of all time that “gave birth” to MOBA.

Personally the thing that I loved about WC3 and still love all these years later and why IT became the one RTS game I also loved to play online was not just the different custom games (although that was also big part of it obviously) but also because its design with smaller amount of units than something like Starcraft and other traditional RTS game, but also importance of hero units and “creeping” that made it for me stand out from the rest and thats why I also enjoyed playing the good old ladder games as well.

2 Likes

As I have repeated in many threads now.

Blizzard promised nothing.

They made plans.
Stop using the word promise please people, there is a clear difference between the two.
Plans change as development progresses, and they changed the plan. Simple as that.

The ‘art team’ work was actually outsourced to ‘LemonSky’.
Blizzard themselves did not create the Reforged models.

I had never really thought of it this way, until you said it.

You are completely correct… MOBA’s pretty much did kill the RTS scene.
Huh… :thinking:

I also enjoyed the ladder for this.
However I preferred Reign of Chaos ladder as it put way more emphasis on speed and map knowledge.
Also knowing what items are likely to drop from where etc could give you a big advantage.

In TFT it is similar, however you do not recieve much exp for creeping.
Going for fast level 6 is just not a thing via creeps…

I am having to force myself to learn it though - since RoC Bnet has now been shut down, and It’s pretty unlikely to be coming back :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right, but when it comes to how many games where sold, tell me that you don’t think that the colossal majority has come from WoW or ex-Wow players…
If they had come for the multiplayer/map making stuff they would still have the Old W3. I’m willing to bet that the majority of the sells of Reforged has come from people that want to see the story

mobas and rts are different genres because riot said that? Aos genre was created much time before the start develop game. I’ll say, gameplay is very similar, even some aspects are different (no building phase, fewer controlled characters) - but there are pretty much other strategies who go with same differences and still considered as pure strategies. Team vs team? Same as other teamed strategies.
The fact is "moba"s - are just other kind of rts genre. And not a “mobas” killed classic rts, but the developers of these rts. Look at wc3 which is braindead when it comes to high level games, same as sc2 - it’s just a high-apm (+multitask if we talk about sc2) games, where mechanical skills overcome most of strategic decisions. Even if you are dumb as player, you will just get enough knowledge of the game through 500-1000 games and you will know most of all possible outcomes as situations are 99% the same all the times. Why dota is superior? It doesnt go same way, even if it’s very close to your expirience, there is possible other outcomes and plays.
Who kills rts genre? The ones who do dumb rts (like sc2). While there are other possible concepts of building a decision-making rts.

1 Like

They made plans.
Stop using the word promise please people, there is a clear difference between the two.
Plans change as development progresses, and they changed the plan. Simple as that.

What? Why would people stop using the word ‘promise’ if it’s literally on the advertising of the Shop?

In the product page, it literally promises the product will have:

“Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Enjoy an epic saga retold with over four hours of reshot cutscenes and updated voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of Azeroth’s key characters, across more than 60 single-player missions that span Kalimdor, Northrend, Lordaeron, and beyond.”

So they literally promised over four hours of reshot cutscenes and updated voice-overs ON THE PRODUCT PAGE.

If the product does not have this, this will literally be a false advertising and close to a bait-and-switch fraud and I hope everyone sue Blizzard if they don’t deliver it.

1 Like

What changed exactly? I didn’t notice much at all other than the female alternate characters being added which is fine with me. Did they change the campagin or something?

Simply put for a simple post.

They never used the word promise.

They made plans, and plans change as required.
Pretty much the only thing that they went back on is different voice overs.
Also any plans to make any minor changes to the story (WoW Retcons).

You are still getting the cutscenes, with new models and camera angles and even new animations gestures etc.

Really have no idea why you guys are so up in arms when you don’t even do some research to understand what is and isn’t being delivered.

And surprise surprise you only came to the forum today, didn’t care to read anything in any of the threads before you jump in on this thread.

I will wait for the news they are being sued then shall I?
Clearly they are delivering on it otherwise it would have been taken down.

Simply put for a simple post.

They never used the word promise.

It does not matter if they used the word or not.

If you are SELLING A PRODUCT, whatever you are saying in the information page about the product is a promise.

I don’t know why you are talking about other things, what they promised is what it is the product information page, that is:

• Recreation of every character, structure and environment in 4K with updated animations.

• Over four hours of reshot cutscenes.

• Updated voice-overs.

• Multiplayer matchmaking.

That’s it. This is what they promised ON THE PRODUCT PAGE. They must deliver this because that’s what they are promising to people that are paying for the game.

If they don’t deliver any of these listed things, it will be literally false advertising and fraud.

2 Likes

And your point?

They are delivering every single one of those points.
They are just not re-doing the english voice lines.
All other languages will be updated.

Go and do your research.

They are delivering every single one of those points.
They are just not re-doing the english voice lines.

So they are literally lying in the product page, saying there will be updated voice-overs but not delivering it.

That’s my point, they NEED to deliver the updated voice-overs.

1 Like

No they don’t because people want the old voice lines.
For nostalgia purposes.

‘Work work’ etc

I care about the campaign.

1 Like

i dont care about your care.

that’s fine

Lemme stop you right there.

Literally MOST people who will be playing WC3 when it comes out, will be people who will only play the campaign. The Multiplayer aspect is something MOST people will NOT do. This is true for every game that has PvE/PvP elements. That isn’t to say PvP/Multiplayer/Melee is “bad”, it’s certainly not. But it’s certainly not for everyone.

That is why I suggested having three campaign modes. The oldschool, standard campaign with old graphics, an Enhanced version that is like the old one, but with new HD graphics, and a Reforged version that goes all out to amend the lore, with new voice acting, cutscenes etc.

This wouldn’t even cost Blizzard “extra”, it’s something they could have planned from the start, and apparently they did (minus the Enhanced version), because they planned to have the oldschool campaign and the reworked version. Instead of going all out on the reworked version, they decided to scale it back (quite a lot, since apparently 70% of the dialogue got cut out of the Culling map that we saw at Blizzcon last year to what they currently have).

Imagine cutting 70% of what you originally planned, instead of just offering that and the standard version with HD, to make everyone happy.

But no, they didn’t.

2 Likes