Server in America

Interesting… so soon the only thing Blizz will be in charge of is balance (and basic bugs etc)?

Hi I don’t understand. Does this mean Australia and everyone else get low ping? Are they working on something on low-latency and is this official canon and made by Blizzard as well, or we got to download 3rds party site? I’m not a silly billy but I’m also not that good with opening up different servers and trying to unlock ziplock.

Yes, or at least lower.

No, but it seems to be based on netease, which is Blizzards “licenced” version of bnet in China.

Don’t worry, you won’t have to fiddle with servers as a player.

1 Like

So technically by rights, it belongs to Blizzard, and they tend to use that infrastructure? Thanks for the help, it’s nice to know some good news are on the way. :d

I didn’t find the project on the guy’s github who tweeted it to find details, but I believe in the end it would be a custom interface and custom servers, so only the actual ingame would be in Blizzards realm and everything else managed by the community.

1 Like

If you pick the server in Sydney then yes. They only have 200ish ping to it cause they’re American.

1 Like

Ah ok, I’m with you. So if implemented, I’d have to set up custom matches to get the desired ping?

I’m hoping it will be for ladder/rankings as well. I’d love to have low ping bruh.

I assume it’s just a private set up where you queue up on a set server that then finds someone else on the private server and creates the custom game for you both to play.

1 Like

I believe it’d be like w3champions except you wouldn’t even have to use the wc3/bnet menu. I don’t know about the extent though, however custom servers would already be dope.

1 Like

Ahh I C. Close, but no cigar if that’s the case. :expressionless:

Yeah cause pads ladder just forces you onto specific Blizzard servers right? If you queue EU you’ll only get EU games, this seems completely outside Blizzard with privately hosted servers.

Whether it does the queuing for you or just provides a system that allows you to create customs on the private server is yet to be seen.

I don’t know how custom map hosting works in Reforged, if they’re hosted on Blizzard servers or if the host (custom map opener) is hosting them like back in the days. If the former then yes.

It’s the former. All custom games are on Blizzards servers. It’s why OCE players who play OCE cups legit have to play each other on 250 ping because the only servers they can create customs for the qualifiers are NA servers.

That blows hard mate. Anyway, w3c already did the queuing and mmr, adapting it to custom servers should be easy.

Yeah, you just can’t see from the pics in the tweet if the method of getting to that game page is you “pick a server, create game on said private server, people find it and connect, and then you hit play” which will be great for tournament hosting and such, it’s a BIG step up from what we have, OR that you can just pick a server, hit queue, and then the app finds you an opponent to play on said server, creates game, then you both hit play and play.

Adding a ladder and points and such to the latter shouldn’t be too hard.

But that’s exactly what is shown in the pictures, including an invite function :thinking: guy is also working on a reconnect function apparently, what a legend.

Yeah I just meant you can’t tell if there’s anything more to it than that. Because otherwise it really only seems helpful outside of major region. Why would you use it when you could just make a custom game on the WC3 Client if both players are in the US for example?

If they get more servers and it serves as more of a half way point for certain EU vs US games and tournaments I guess it’ll be useful.

Because you can’t even trust Blizzard to not **** up the simplest things anymore, which is how/why I’m in this forum.

As I said I believe it’s quite simple to use w3c with it, you “just” have to change the w3c server settings from bnet to this and voilà, you’ve got custom ladder on custom servers and ruled out many potential Blizzard **** ups.

This is the truth for most of us. On here, we’re only limited to what the environment limits us. I know for a fact that every-time I’ve improved my own configurations, got the “best” internet speed for what Australia can offer and equipment- it allowed me to improve immensely while trying out new strats confidently, increase apm and reflexes among other things. Basically, I’m doing all I can to get as close as possible to my “real true” skill on here. The final barrier is getting low ping or at least where the opponent has the same or fair ping. Not like 200-240 ping (Australia’s average low ping on Bnet) vs 20-60 ping (Korea).

If we had lower ping, we’d be able to play or try the top tier meta like the pros do. As Einstein once said: “Don’t Judge a Fish by its Ability to Climb a Tree!”. Just because we can’t consistently pro -surround or lose our units easily, doesn’t always make us trash, especially if there’s evidence of high ping or ping discrepancy between players. Place us in a better encouraging environment, and we’d be able to excel. You can say it can apply for some real life aspects too. That’s why I always feel I can do really good, but can only express and do much with the ping I got. That’s why I try not to really laugh at anyone on here until I see their true skills, or they’re just plain toxic and got me mad. The whole community’s got untapped pro-potential and we just want to see how our skills are really are. Oh, and can’t forget that it will make game-quality extremely good. :d