Reforged is a forced downgrade for classic users

On the bright side I’ve now refunded Warcraft 3 Reforged despite already having redeemed the goodies from the Spoils of War Edition.

I guess Blizzard must be desperate to save face at this point lol

I never refunded anything, but then again, I never did purchase it.

Which brings us back to the title of the post. Full circle. Marvelous.

I really do want 1.31 to stop telling me an update is available. And I don’t want to fall back to an even earlier version because then I’d lose all the extra team colors 1.31 has…

1 Like

I don’t think the devs are open to include a “Shut the f… up!”-button to notifications of the remaining few not corrupted old clients out there…

Neither do I.

I guess I’m screwed. WC3 is dead.

Well, I concur. I guess I’m off to play “The Old Republic”. Yes, I get the morbid irony. Blizzard substituted for EA…

Eh. At least WC1 and WC2 still exist. lol

Thanks, GOG.

The fact I can’t make a new account for ranked(Smurf aka new account) is also a forced downgrade. If i want to do some interesting new stuff in ranked to try it out and not tank my MMR, i can’t.

Also the fact that random team is matched with arranged team in same pool is just a terrible change.

1 Like

What ransomware?!

You can play custom games for that. No MMR for custom games.

Smurfing is bad. It ruins the MMR system and frustrates players who are genuinely low skilled, possibly because they just started to play. Yes you can win against them just by spamming Peasants or Peons to attack them, but there is no skill to shooting fish in a barrel.

Sounds like HotS ranked lol.

The 30 GB of data you’re forced to accept on your hard drive, even though you never bought anything else than a 3 GB installation back in the days.

THAT ransomware.

2 Likes

Grubby just noticed you can not play offline: even if you logout your game, it still does connect you to a server and you will still have ping even if your game is selected to play offline.

h ttps://clips.twitch.tv/SlickDeadTriangleKevinTurtle
notice how hes logged out and still has ping in an AI match

Check for yourself.

I am regretting my decision to refund the game even less now, thank you Talos.

I hope the Empire comes to their senses.

troll lolololol in the forum

1 Like

Even if you’re ok with it I would still recommend you get a refund and buy it again later. It shouldn’t be long before the price plummets.

This 1000x

That does not count as ransomware. To quote Wikipedia…

Ransomware is a type of malware from cryptovirology that threatens to publish the victim’s data or perpetually block access to it unless a ransom is paid.

Warcraft III 1.32 is not malware. Warcraft III 1.32 was not designed using cryptovirology. Warcraft III 1.32 makes no threats and does not ask for a ransom. Warcraft III 1.32 does not block access to data.

I suggest reading a dictionary to avoid such mistakes in future.

Warcraft III has always done this. There was a bug that one could even disconnect from a single player World Editor test game back 10 years ago odd.

Yes, well… There’s a part of my hard I can’t use as a Classic customer. 30 Gb worth of space, to be precise.

I’ve got access to it, if I:

1. Delete Warcraft 3 completely or;
  2. Pay up and upgrade to Reforged.

If that ain’t being held at ransom, I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

As a classic user you can still use the Reforged assets in World Editor. Only in game is behind a paywall (“upgrade”).

Also this is hardly a big deal. Anno 1800 does this far worse forcing everyone to download all DLC data and locking all DLC features behind a paywall.

So? How exactly is this relevant to the fact that I’ve got 30 GB sitting on my hard drive compared to the previous 3 GB? My Classic installation worked fine, thank you, including the World Editor. I never purchased Reforged.

Right… because Ubisoft is the topic. Not Blizzard. Funny, how it went from “read a dictionary” to “it’s no big deal”. I think we’re done here.

1 Like

Now it still works fine, but takes up 30 GB and one can use the Reforged assets in World Editor.