Reforged Crash Graphics Card

I though that I am full of viruses or what not, I got fresh copy of Windows 10.
I installed only WoW and Reforged.
Wow is running fine.
Reforged in middle of game tends to just turn of my screen, like I unplugged graphics from my PC.
Only restart can solve the issue.

It is disappointing, I cant play because I fear force restart will eventually ruin my hardware.

1 Like
  1. Fresh copy of win doesn’t mean was installed properly and work corectly.
  2. GPU can turn off bcuz of the driver, bcuz of high temperatures or PSU doesn’t work properly.

Check these thinks and try to test your sistem with other games, games who use a bit more GPU than WoW.

If the game is wrong should the game crash, or the driver or in the far end the operation sistem not the hardware. Hardware pices crashes there is more serios problem than the game it self.

User space software like video games do not really have the permissions needed to cause such symptoms. Operating systems and security are designed to prevent user space applications doing such things. As such if this does happen then it is more likely than not caused by either a driver bug, or a hardware stability problem.

Something is wrong with Reforged, that is the fact. Some people say that is temperature related, driver or my aunt Merry, well it is not. You guys(forum people) are tripping balls that I was born yesterday and that I don’t know what is what. I have 25 years of experience with computers.

Then you know that Reforged cannot do anything directly to make your computer unstable as it is a user level application. The times of user level applications alone being able to BSoD the operating system are long gone. This is taught pretty early on at University when studying computer science.

You could always prove me wrong by showing a user level application that recreates the symptoms described and does not resort to intentionally exploiting driver or kernel bugs (something a game developer is unlikely to run into).

I dont know if you were living under the rock, but bad software can crash your computer.

If the operating system drivers or hardware are unstable, yes. Or if the software is malware but we can rule that one out in this case. Microsoft, Linux and Mac OS are all designed to prevent user level applications being able to crash them.

You can always prove me wrong by referencing an example of a user level application that recreates the symptoms described and does not resort to intentionally exploiting driver or kernel bugs. Warcraft III does not crash my computer, and the computers of most people, in any way, as do all games. I have had Warcraft III crash as an application, but that is just an application crash and does not match the symptoms you described.

The real problem with reforged is that there’s extreme lag on just the LOADING screens; i.e, for some reason Blizzard either coded the loading screens wrong or made them extremely resource intensive. I can play Reforged fine at 4k resolution (with settings reduced), but when I get to the loading screen, I have to reduce resolution to 2k.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [DialSama] Reforged Crash Graphics Card