:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

28 Likes

now that looks alot like wc2 in 3d.

can you give sources for the pictures?

Seems that the old engine are not that bad with this upgrade

/www.nexusmods.com/warcraft3/mods/11

6 Likes

the look of the game has very little to do with the engine, but it relies alot on what you do with it.

you can get good and bad graphics out of almost anything.

we also dont know how much post processing is in work here.

it looks impressive tho.

1 Like

In this video, the light source is moving, it will be nice to see some day/night cycle

/nexusmods.com/warcraft3/mods/11?tab=videos#lg=2&slide=1

I’m confused…
The one with the supposed “better” graphics only has shadows and bloom…
To be fair, I don’t know why Blizzard posted a picture without any shadows, but it’s not the first time they’ve done this :confused:
Anyhow, I still think reforged looks better (ingame where there are a bit of shadows (but I would agree that they should still work on the lighting (especially the icons)))

7 Likes

this mode is what developers must done in ~2006. Adding improved pathfinding in 2010 and wc3 will be alive atm.

But even in 2020 blizz offers less then that - just classic or unoptimized reskin, both with new bugs etc.

6 Likes

We should still wait for the final product.
Maybe they changed the graphics a little bit, but overall the beta showed me good graphics.

1 Like

If the official guide post that screen, is because that is the official state of the game

3 Likes

I wont go in this until i saw the final product.

In roughly 7 hours i will make a tiny feedback post i guess :smiley:

1 Like

If this came from mods, It will not be possible to play ladder if is not official, as it must change the casc files a lot. The idea is to officially add that shaders, not by modders or reshade

2 Likes

I doubt playing reforged with graphical enchantments will cause you a ban

How you will enhance the rendering code of the casc files, without being noticed by anticheat software? maybe in custom maps IDK, but not in ladder games

That graphics mod looks better than this currently graphics of this game, my opinion.

This game needs a option to implement graphics mods.

10 Likes

lighting is was makes all art look good. Lighting is was makes art look 3D, whether it’s a painting or a 3D model. Without lighting you have no shadows or highlights. A ball with no lighting just looks like a circle, but with lighting it looks like a sphere with whatever texture and color and what not is on it. Conversely, you can make a circle on a piece of paper look like a 3D object by drawing in the proper lighting. Technically, without lighting all you’d see is empty black space.

1 Like

Shading and lighting is the key element to fidelity within images and models and other visual objects.

Hence raytracing lol

They will not change the lighting of the game, as if now, after release there are huge fps drops in more dense situations, add a better lighting will probabily decrease even more the performance, so if today there are a lot of things that should work as the old game, as sounds, clans, etc., this clearly is not a priority, and will not make any additional profit, so I think that modders are the only solution at the expense of maybe it will not be very optimized

Wait are those the footmen in the game? I need to check

Cause I actually like how those footmen look. Like that one guy said it reminded me of wc2. I hate how footmen look in wc3.

edit: huh, that’s like one of the few models I would say is straight up better than wc3’s. God i wanted a wc2 remake so bad…the wc2 footmen seriously seemed badass to me back when I was little. Voice Actor probably helped too though.

edit2: Another thing I need to point out is Reforged actually does have lighting. The picture OP linked is old. I mean it’s probably not as good as the second picture still, but it’s there.

Please bring better graphics for Reforged!

3 Likes

For why Reforged looks strange? Please do better graphics for this game! Please!

3 Likes