Randomly Disconnecting

Can someone help? I am disconnecting randomly every 5 or so games and it’s becoming very irritating

I have the fastest internet available in NYC yet I still disconnect and i’m not sure why

I don’t actually lose internet when I disconnect but I am kicked out of game - help?

5 Likes

I have the same problem and it is even worse. I can’t play a game because every game I will disconnect. This did not happened before reforged. I already switched to old graphics but that didn’t help.

It is impossible to play.

4 Likes

Same its weird - right before I disc I know it’s coming because I can’t move my units - it’s like theyre frozen - and a few seconds later I exit game

I NEVER disconnected on old warcraft - as soon as reforged comes i disconnect constantly - i do not understand how this is happening??

4 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I can see the disconnect coming because a few second before I can’t move my units.

I don’t know what it is. It is probably a bug which Blizzard did not fix yet. It is painful to see all those balance changes and at the same time the biggest issues are not dealt with.

I was playing a lot more before Reforged but partly because of this I almost completely stopped playing. I hope there will be a fix soon.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one here suffering from that. I have 200Mbps my location is Europe fast internet but it always happening on long games ruin my game experience and without option to reconnect it’s over with your game progress and exciting moments. I really hope we will have such feature in the near future. My issues that network adapter is switch off and restart within 2-3 seconds.

2 Likes

It just happened just now - this time everything just froze and a few seconds later disconnected - i even drilled a hole from my living room into office to hard wire the router - i run ping tests and never doe sthe ping go over 5mms - yet I STILL disc - it makes no sense at all and I don’t know why Blizzard can’t fix this

What happened to the menu that would pop up from regular wc3 when someone was lagging? That doesn’t occur here - this game literally won’t let you lag for more than a few mms before it decides to just drop you - NO OTHER GAME IS LIKE THIS OUT THERE

BLIZZARD FIX THIS PLEASE

2 Likes

Hey AfterDawn,

These disconnects can happen for several different reasons. Have you tried any of these steps? If so, let’s get a MTR test so we can look into this further:

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type uswest.battle.net or useast.battle.net in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

Note: If it’s not letting you post, break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. You can also upload the MTR contents through Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Here is the results of that test you asked me to run:

Now what?

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
G3100.myfiosgatewaycom - 0 6831 6831 0 0 16 0
199.108.55.57 - 0 6832 6832 1 4 159 6
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Hey AfterDawn,

There should be several more lines in that test, which could indicate that something is blocking the test. Unfortunately that means we can’t see what may be happening on the route. Is it possible to test another network like a mobile hotspot though to compare the difference?

Hey Zenlaka - When running the program there are only those 2 lines - I don’t have a mobile hot spot but not sure what that would do since I wouldn’t be using a hotspot while playing

What am I doing wrong that it’s only showing 2 lines?

Will the development team also investigate the random network adapter switch off for 2-3 sec as well? I have posted that before with a request of reconnect feature but the chances that the developers to read it are slim or either if they have the red button to press to get that feature they would gladly do it.

Still i really hope they are consider to announce plans to build such feature. Then the game will be a lot stable and doesn’t need to have AI to control disconnected player units like Heroes of The Storm. All what we must have is an option to be able to comeback from disconnect so we can continue to play and enjoy the intense battles that Warcraft III Reforged provides. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Remon - randomly disconnecting

Zenlaka - I am connecting to Europe servers to play the game even though I am based out of NYC - I play on Europe on purpose

My boyfriend is a network engineer and discovered in Wireshark that the server I’m connected to consistently is 37.244.28.140

Our connection through Verizon is solid - when I disconnect I still have internet - another point: when I ping 8.8.8.8 with 3 ms increments there are no drops and minimal latency when I drop connection to Blizzard’s IP above

AfterDawn,

I checked your ISP and I see why your winMTR displays like this - you’re on verizon fios which uses IPv6 up to your house, which messes with connection tests run on IPv4 addresses. Unfortunately because of that we can’t get a clear picture of what’s going on from a networking perspective.

We can try looking into this in more detail for you, but it’d be better to do so over a ticket so that we can get your MSInfo as well and look for conflicts. You can submit that ticket here.

Me and one other person I know have had the same issue this week with Verizon in the NYC area. We have the EXACT same issue. I was also streaming at the time and had zero issues with my stream, so it was definitely not an overall network issue. Pretty confident it is some issue between Verizon in the NYC area and Blizzard servers. Has also happened for me both on EU and Americas servers. It doesn’t happen every single game, but I would say it is definitely happening once every couple games. Both of us have exactly the same that you describe - ping spikes a bit, and then eventually commands just completely stop working and immediately kicked to score screen.

@AfterDawn if you’d like to get in touch with us via Discord to keep working on this issue both with Blizzard and Verizon if necessary, my tag is Pokebunny#2939.

Hey, Pokebunny & AfterDawn! It looks like other players are reporting similar issues with Verizon in the East Coast area. I went ahead and started another thread to get more traction on this issue, could you both refer to this thread and include the requested details?

I havent run any of your tests, but i seem to have the same or similar issue. When finishing a custom game, i always seem to be disconnected and am asked to log back into W3 for some reason? no gameplay issues, but it just means i have to quit and restart the program as it never seems to want to log me in, even though i know my password.

1 Like

I have the same issue. was told by the tech team it’s my internet problem. So why SC2 doesn’t have this problem when I use the same net to play? Not pleasant at all.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.