PTR Version 1.36.1 Notes -- Updated November 9

where’s the “only”

Reforged was supposed to push this game into the modern age, no? So the framerate before reforged is irrelevant.

just establishing a pattern babes

You’re not establishing anything. And like I said, instead of baiting me and trying to tear me down, how about you let other people read my posts and come to their own conclusions? Your behavior is nothing but toxic and contributes even less than the original debate ever did.

its not irrelevant. “pushing it into the modern age” means it should be stressing today’s hardware as much as yesterday’s did for higher visual fidelity. But both back then and for the most part today, 60FPS was “the standard.” Most early console games ran at 60FPS, PC games years later still did most of the time, and even today that’s totally normal.

As far as the rest, you apparently missed:

If you want me to admit i’ve made some assumptions: Okay: I admit I’m making some assumptions here.

Since it apparently really bothers you, I’ve removed the quotation marks that were used for emphasis since they were not an actual quotation of the post above the one to which I was addressing.

This is the end of the discussion. I’d really rather not block you, “babes.” But your toxic baiting isn’t making that easy. I won’t be replying to any further posts on this tangent, I will simply report any further baiting attempts.

My current version is still 1.36.0 and I didn’t see an update button. The game is playable on 1.36.0

How do I install the PTR?

1 Like

Click where it says GAME VERSION right above the Play button. Select Public Test Realm and the button will change to Install.

1 Like

What about the Ladder? It still does not every win I get and every loss I take. Especially in FFA…

UPDATED OCT. 24

Version 1.36.1 PTR 2
Build 20631

Based on your feedback, we’ve updated the PTR. Will continue to monitor and make changes until the end of November.

PTR Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where players could not invite other players to their custom game

• Fixed an issue where tool tips were dispalying incorrect strings

• Fixed an issue where the reduced cost of raise dead did not apply after the player got Skeletal Mastery

Added/Modified Balance Changes

• Militia duration increased from 42.5 to 45 seconds

• Bash Bonus Damage increased from 25/50/75 to 25/50/100

• Bash Stun duration increased from 2/2/2 to 2/4/6 (1/2/3 for Heroes)

• Bash Chance reduced from 20/30/40 to 25/25/25

• Devotion Aura reduced from 3/6/9 to 3/4/6

• Keep food increased from 12 to 14

• Castle food increased from 12 to 16

• Immolation activation cost increased from 5 to 10

• Immolation damaged reduced from 6/11/17 to 5.5/11/17

• Mana Flare range reduced from 750 to 650

• Fan of Knives max total damage changed from 480/800/1200 to 375/ 750/1330 (Unit cap increased to 4/5/5 to 5/6/7)

• Druid of the Claw starting mana increased from 100 to 110

• Abomination collision size reduced from 48 to 40

• Abomination turn rate increased from 0.4 to 0.5

• Crypt Fiend turn rate increased from 0.5 to 0.6

• Bladestorm damage reduced from 160 damage per second to 140 damage per second

• Troll headhunter hit points increased from 350 to 375

• Firelord Incenerate mana cost reduced from 6 to 2

• Firelord Lava Split requirement reduced from 12 to 9

• Firelord Volcano Damage increased from 100 to 150

• Staff of Teleportation now has a stock of 2 charges in the shop

• Crystal Ball moved from level 3 to 2

Reverted Changes

• Mountain King movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Paladin movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Crypt Lord movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Dread Lord movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Lich movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Tauren Chieftain movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Alchemist movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Goblin Tinker movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Naga Sea Switch movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Pandaren Brew Master movement speed reduced from 290 to 280

• Rusty Minning Pick (Grants +1 damage and a 15% chance to Bash) added as a level 3 item

Master Changelog

General

• Added Save/Load Functionality back to online games (does not apply to Ranked Matches)

• Enabled the ability to view Hero’s XP bar by hovering the mouse over the bar in the selection panel in Observer Mode

• Added the ability to View Profile for your teammates and opponents in the Tournament Result screen

Bugfixes

• Fixed a crash that would primarily happen on the Fall of Silvermoon where a VFX would try playing on a different game thread

• Fixed an issue where voice language and text were not interchangeable

• Fixed an issue where Tech Tree requirements won’t work for custom requirements

• Fixed an issue where custom Item Actions would not work in the world editor

• Fixed an issue where the match processing screen would time out consistently

• Fixed an issue where updating a sound on the Sound Editor would cause an issue with file generation

• Fixed an issue where the campaign would skip scores and then the game client would freeze

• Fixed an issue where campaign difficulty resets to normal on the next level

• Fixed an issue where custom loading screens would not load properly

• Fixed an issue where subfolders in the campaign folder would cause a crash

• Fixed an issue where players would disconnect when trying to retrieve their match history data

• Fixed an issue where Blizzard would be listed as the player list in replays

• Fixed an issue where AT Elimination matches were not being processed correctly

• Fixed an issue where viewing profiles would have no information while the Tournament Results screen is active

• Fixed an issue where the Tournament Results screen would be briefly visible when entering an Elimination game

• Fixed an issue where the countdown until the next Tournament would not properly start

• Fixed an issue where the Escape shortcut was not functional in the Tournament Results screen

• Fixed some issues where users would get kicked from matchmaking as they entered an Elimination game

• Fixed an issue where Elimination Bracket UI lines would not line up properly

• Fixed an issue where Bye victories were not being added to your profile

• Fixed an issue where Allies tab text was inconsistent

Balance

Human

• Militia duration increased from 40 to 45 seconds

• Bash Bonus Damage increased from 25 to 25/50/100

• Bash Stun duration increased from 2/2/2 to 2/4/6 (1/2/3 for Heroes)

• Bash Chance reduced from 20/30/40 to 25/25/25

• Devotion Aura increased from 2/3.5/5 to 3/4/6

• Keep increasing food from 12 to 14

• Castle increases food by 14 to 16

Night Elf

• Druid of the talon cost increased from 135 to 145

• Immolation activation cost increased from 1 to 10

• Immolation damaged reduced from 6/11/17 to 5.5/11/17

• Immolation mana activation requirement increased from 9 to 10

• Warden blink cooldown reduced from 10/7/4 to 10/5/2.5

• Fan of Knives max total damage increased from 300/625/950 to 375/ 750/1330 (Unit cap increased to 4/5/5 to 5/6/7, and will still do 75 per target)

• Druid of the Claw starting mana increased from 100 to 110

• Mana Flare range reduced from 750 to 650

Undead

• Spiked Carapace melee damage returned increased from 15/25/35 to 15/30/45%

• Spiked Carapace bonus armor increased from 3/5/7 to 4/8/12

• Raise dead cost reduced from 75 to 50 mana

• Cripple cost reduced from 125 to 100 mana

• Skeletal Mastery cost reduced from 200/175 to 150/100

• Nerubian Tower cooldown increased from 1 to 1.5

• Abomination collision size reduced from 48 to 40

• Abomination turn rate increased from 0.4 to 0.5

• Crypt Fiend rate increased from 0.5 to 0.6

Orc

• Bladestorm damage increased from 110 damage per second to 140 damage per second

• Spirit Walker Build time reduced from 38 seconds to 33 seconds

• Spirit Walker Adept Training reduced from 60 to 45

• Spirit Walker Master Training reduced from 75 to 60

• Steel Armor Upgrade Lumber Increment Reduced from 150 to 125

• Steel Melee Weapon Melee Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75

• Steel Ranged Weapons Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75

• Troll headhunter hit points increased from 350 to 375

Neutral

• Firelord Incenerate mana cost reduced from 6 to 2

• Firelord Lava Split requirement reduced from 12 to 9

• Firelord Volcano Damage increased from 100 to 150

Items

• Circlet item level reduced from 3 to 2

• Tome of Retraining now has a stock of 2 charges in the shop

• Staff of Teleportation now has a stock of 2 charges in the shop

• Crystal Ball moved from level 3 to 2

Neutral

• Dark Troll Trapper movement speed reduced from 300 to 270

• Ice Troll Berserker movement speed reduced from 300 to 270

• Ice Troll High Priest movement speed reduced from 300 to 270

• Assassin movement speed reduced from 300 to 270

Map Pool

• 1v1,2v2,4v4 and FFA Map Pool has been updated
3 Likes

Under NO circumstance should those bash changes go through. Its an already powerful ability. Making it do a HUNDRED bonus damage AND a 6 second stun is ridiculous. The 4 second stun on level 2 is already insane.

The militia change is also the wrong approach. If they are supposed to last that long make sure they lose militia status when they move too far out of their base. It was ridiculously overpowered before at 45 seconds

Thank you for the update.

Is the Animated Texture bug being worked on? It affects many Blizzard models, and custom models. These models use “KMTF” in their material layers to store that the model changes textures during animations, mostly used for water.

2 Likes

Yes, very good. Exactly what we needed:
Headhunter Buff.

It’s not like it’s a viable unit anyways.
Was just waiting to see a keeper buff … lucky us, I guess.

While y’all are looking at incinerate, it’d be really good to fix the bug that makes it do 0 damage sometimes. A video showcasing this can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/bu39sv/incinerate_doing_no_damage_on_some_hits/

I’ll bump my last post on this issue too.

3 Likes

It’s kinda obvious that a new is working on this patch. This is a 20 years old game. You can’t just come out with so many changes. Too many of them seem too random. This game really only need slight nerf for Night Elf (Immolation and Moonwell regeneration nerf) and small Orc buff (+3 agility for Blademaster beceause after item nerfs in previous patches he’s too weak and some buffs for less used units like Wyvern and Tauren). And then MAYBE some Undead base defence nerf like repair speed for Acolytes/ nerf Frost Tower.

1 Like

Please revert the recent upgrade to Rings of Protection, as it significantly disrupts the game.

Let me remind you of the two buffs to this item:

In Patch 1.31:
Rings of Protection
Level 2: Damage reduction increased from +2 to +3
Level 3: Damage reduction increased from +3 to +4
Level 6: Damage reduction increased from +4 to +5

In Patch 1.36:
Ring of Protection +3 item level decreased from 2 to 1.
Ring of Protection +4 item level decreased from 3 to 2.
Ring of Protection +5 item level decreased from 6 to 3.

Even after Patch 1.31, this item was already strong. Now it goes like this:

If a Demon Hunter gets a +4 ring right at the beginning and possibly a +3 from the second one, along with his passive, he becomes invulnerable to Human units. He can single-handedly take down any number of Footmen and Militia. He starts with 4 armor, and with the first item from the easy camp, he can double his protection. Is this fair?

Each point of armor “adds” 6% HP to a unit against non-magical damage. Therefore, the Demon Hunter sometimes gains +42% HP (+3 +4) without even reaching level 3. This was an epic about the Demon Hunter.

Now, in terms of balance logic:

In the game, there are strength heroes like the Alchemist, who starts with only 1 armor. Why not 2? Having +1 armor used to be a significant buff, but now Alchemist can easily acquire a couple of +4 rings from creeps. He went from 1 armor to 9.

I was playing as Orc against a Keeper of the Grove, and the drops were so favorable that I got +20 armor for the Blademaster. Right before the battle, I informed my teammate that Blademaster had +20 armor, and he just quit.

People have discussed the rings, but they haven’t explained how severely this affects the game. For instance, having a starting +4 ring for the Demon Hunter is akin to having the Lightning Shield that was just removed.
Other than that, you have some very good changes in the patch.

5 Likes

I love the fact that even after 20+ years this game is still getting updated and not with just a minor balance tweaking but with huge buffs and reworks as well.
I’d personally like to see a few minor buffs to orcs stuff (anything except BM/Far seer/Wyverns pls, lol, maybe spirit lodge cost decreased from 150/135 to 150/100, because orcs still have huge lumber issue) & dreadlord vampiric aura (because even happy doesn’t skill it and it’s the best player on planet basically, maybe it’s radius should be buffed instead of lifesteal itself?), but even we don’t see any of this stuff it’s still going to be amazing.

The only thing that confused me is lava spawns attacks requirements. It was 15 pre-patch, not 12, isn’t it?

Thanks Blizzard for fps fix. I now have 300 fps like in patch 1.35.

But pls give something dred lord, crypt lord, frost wyrm and shade

2 Likes

Devotion 3/4/6 doesnt make sense to me. It really discourages getting rank2.

1 Like

IMO +3 rings are fine. +2 is autosell, but everything above it makes heroes unkillable. Not sure about balancing, I’m just a casual diamond from w3champion, but I think it would be cool to have some items like +3+3 instead. (e.g. not like rings/circlet +2+2+2, but just +3+3)

What about the key changing function? And fast casting!

We need Warcraft 3 to add key changes and quick casting like League of Legends!

+3 main attribute to any hero on lvl1 is a huge change. Also small balance changes usually bad, you can check other games patch-notes like Dota, whenever complicated game ends up with huge patches they always bring more people into the game and whenever it’s small balance patch nerfing the strongest heroes it decreases overall population instead.

Hello - Can you add additional color mode options? I’d like to see one where I am my assigned color instead of blue. Then, allies are also their assigned colors while the enemy team is red. I’d like for a better way to identify myself and my teammates by colors. In 4v4 using the color mode that has everyone be their own colors is too chaotic. Another option would be to have one team always be the same 4 warm colors and the other team is the same 4 cool colors. That way you always know which color is on which team. Thanks!