PTR Version 1.36.1 Notes -- Updated November 9

Give cryptlord and dreadlord some improvements. Also frost wyrm, fiend, abomination and meat wagon. Make web in t1

Great Patch. I love these changes! Seems you really thought about the balance this time :slight_smile:

Please just stop giving crazy buffs to Blademaster. It is one of the most contentious hero, dominating from start to late game. Even in the current state, blade storm can kill multiple surrounding towers, moonwells and ziggurats. Orc players are too hasty and tempted to use it to kill units even when the situation might not be the best, that’s why it does not look overwhelming. Honestly, many other heroes have underwhelming ultimate, for example, Mountain king often prefers lv 3 Stormbolt or Bash to Avator.

well theres a simple fix there make the effect not stack. Hero auras granted by items already don’t

Also I agree I have no idea why they thought blademaster needed a buff. It’s already the most infuriating hero to deal with as Human especially, it is literally impossible to not lose at least one peasant to a BM harass, even if you build a tower before they arrive.

it was only Bladestorm that was buffed, which was a pretty poor ultimate for its cooldown

The Elf heroes, few units and buildings need buff and rework.
  1. Demon Hunter: return +1 agility.
  2. Keeper of the Grove: Keeper of the Grove base Intelligence from 18 to 19 and Entangling Roots cast range on 700 with lvl 2. Increased treants damage base from 14 to 16. Thorns aura also work equally against melee units as well as long-range units.
  3. Potm: Owls Scouts buff like more duration and base attack cooldown reduced from 2.33 to 2.00. Hide: duration for Potm from 1.5 to 1.0 second. Same hide duration for hunts, archers to 1.0 second.
  4. Warden: Buff agility and intelligence from 20 to 21 and 16 to 17 accordingly. Fan of knife unit from 4/5/5 cap to 5\6\7 and fan of knifes damage per target from 75/125/190 to 85/135/200. Hide fade duration from 1.5 to 1.0 second.

Buff hp for wisps and back for them mana lose to units heroes from 40 to 45 and hp from 120 to 130. Was buff hp for peons, acolytes and peasants so please buff hp for wisps too.

So now about units.

Dryads: Bring back Abolish Magic damage against summoned units 300. Reduce the experience gain Dryads from Level 3 (60xp) to Level 2 (40 xp).

Druid of the Claw( Bear Form): return and add +1 attack damage for druid of the Claw(Bear Form).

Mountain Giant: Make it so that produce MG’s without shop. Also give for Mountain Giants Resistant Skin or Hardened Skin default and Mountain Giant supply reduced from 7 back to 6. Recuced for mgs from 14 to 7 second cooldown taunts. Harderen skin from 8 to 10 armor. So i think 10 harderen skin armor enough with 2 base armor.

Chimaera: movement speed return from 250 to 270.

Now about the buildings: Tree of lifes buff Nature’s Blessing Armor Bonus on +2.
Nature blessing upgrade cost reduce from 150 gold 200 wood to 100 gold and 150 wood.

2 Likes

Oh nice! A Patch!!! :*O

I would suggest DH -2 agility and roll back the mana and DPS of immolation. Also, stop buffing WD it is already too strong. Roll back moon well is another option. NE is too strong overall.

1 Like

imho i still think the Spiked Carapace is the worst skill in the game.

Not only are its bonuses unimpressive but you are also giving up on either Impale or Beetles.

And if you go CLord first you have no realistically effective way to heal your tanking CLord (sacrificial dagger is a joke for hero healing).

I would much rather see the “damage reflect” part of that skill removed and replaced with a large amount of passive health regeneration.

And frankly same goes for Dread Lords vampiric aura - i would love to see the HP regen from unholy aura move to vampiric aura.

it is good that they at least fixed the bugs and added back multiplayer saving. the balanding is not really relevant to me, as i mostly play custom. the bug fixes is very welcome.

Make Bladestorm ult 10s, not just 7s.

The biggest problem with the game is the atrocious FPS in Reforged mode. There must be a memory leak or something. I’m getting like as low as 20FPS and terrible stutters.

1 Like

The Ladder doesn’t even work properly - total incompetence.

I just wish they’d at least post some rationale for balance changes, rather than just list a bunch of random stuff with no context or reason.

2 Likes

someone said that we need more RNG in this game :sweat_smile:

FIX FPS pls.

In 1.35 i have 220-300fps, for now its 100-150, and too many freezes

2 Likes

very few monitors can actually display 200+FPS, you aren’t losing anything whatsoever at 100FPS. How elitist have we become where most games were designed to run at 60FPS, we complain when we get only 100?
(edit to remove quotation marks, since they were for emphasis but apparently are being taken as implying an actual quotation from the post above)

Freezes mean your storage device is slow or you or your GPU doesn’t have enough RAM, or there’s a memory leak that’s gone unfixed, which is certainly plausible but doesn’t have much to do with FPS.

While I did see a decrease in FPS from .61, I don’t experience any freezing or stuttering. So it sounds to me like you have an insufficient hardware problem for that side of things.

That said: Please check out the test of the next patch on the PTR. I’m seeing significantly higher framerates on the PTR compared to even the previous PTR version. So there’s at least a possibility that it will improve things.

very few monitors can actually display 200+FPS, you aren’t losing anything whatsoever at 100FPS. How elitist have we become where most games were designed to run at 60FPS, we complain when we get “only” 100?

and this brushing off of issues is exactly why you find yourself under fire so often

1 Like

With my 20 years of Warcraft experience, I would suggest this for the patch. What do you think? Regardless of the outcome, it’s great that it’s being patched! Thank you and welcome Microsoft/Blizzard.

Neutral

Firelord

• Volcano Mana cost reduced from 200 to 150

• Soul Burn total damage is increased from to 80/200/340 to 100/250/440

• Soul Burn Cooldown decreased from 12 to 8/7/6

• Soulburn now refunds 30 mana when used on creeps (Costs 35 mana against creeps)

• Incinerate mana cost decreased fro 6 to 5

Naga Sea Witch

• Tornado cast range increased from 900 to 1500

• Tornado speed increased from 75 to 125

• Tornado slow area increased from 600 to 1000

• Naga Mana Shield Activation Mana cost reduced from 25 to 10

• Cooldown reduced from 10 to 5 seconds

• Mana Shield damage absorbed increased from 2/3/4 to 2/4/6

Beastmaster

• Summon Hawk Cooldown reduced from 70 to 40 seconds

• Beastmaster bear’s Bash ability stun on Heroes increased from 1 second to 1,5 seconds

• Stampede Cooldown decreased from 180 to 120 seconds

Pitlord

• Doom Damage per Second to doomed unit increased from 40 to 100 damage

• Doom Guard (Summoned) Unit Movement Speed increased from 270 to 320

• Rain of fire Area of effect now increases with level from 200 to 200/230/260

• Rain of Fire Mana cost reduced from 85 to 75

Backpack

• Enables all ground units and flying units to carry 1 / 2 / 4 Items

Items Changes

• Crystal ball now also gives permanent true sight to the bearer Sight Range 800 (this should make it an item that you want to keep in a few situations)

• Boots of speed cost reduced to 200 (gives more incentive to purchase this also for slow heroes)

• Cloak of Flames deals 15 damage (10 before) per second to nearby enemy land units. (Demon Hunter Immolation lvl 1 deals 12 per second lvl 2 deals 22 dmg per second)

• Hood of Cunning Increases the Agility and Intelligence of the Hero by 6 (5 before) when worn

• Helm of Valor Increases the Strength and Agility of the Hero by 6 when worn (drops at the same camp as brilliance, endurance etc)

• Medallion of Courage Increases the Strength and Intelligence of the Hero by 6 when worn

• Orb of Darkness: Spawns a Lesser Dark Minion / Now Spawns a Medium Dark Minion

• Orb of Frost is now in the level 5 drop table

• Kelen’s Dagger of Escape is now in the Level 6 Drop Table (together with staff of silence, Pendant of mana etc)

• Level 5 item Sell Value increased from 300 to 350 (this will make it less painful when you find your own aura that doesn’t stack with yours)

• Level 6 item Sell Value increased from 350 to 400

• Book of the Dead Summons 3 Skeleton Warriors and now 4 Skeleton Archers to fight for you

New Active Items:

• Overgrowth Level 5 Drop - +3 all stats - Single target dispel friendly or enemy / 45 sec Cooldown / 200 dmg vs summons / drops at the brilliance aura / unholy aura camp

• Double Edged Sword Level 4 Drop - Sacrifice 150 Health to gain 150 Mana 90 sec Cooldown

• Orc Crown Level 3 Drop - +1 to all stats Active: Increases the movement speed of the Hero to the maximum movement speed for 5 seconds / 90 second Cooldown

Undead

• HP of Skeleton Warrior and Skeleton Archer changed from 190 to 200 (affects book of the dead and raise dead)

• Spiked Carapace melee damage returned increased from 15/25/35 to 25/35/45%.

• Spiked Carapace bonus armor increased from 3/5/7 to 4/6/8

• Necromancers can now initially cast Unholy Frenzy, can also learn Raise Dead and Cripple.

• Lich Death and Decay Area of Effect increased from 250 to 500

• Death and Decay Damage increased from 4 to 5% of its base hit points per second

• Death Knight Animate Dead

• Increased from 6 to raises 12 dead units in an area to fight for the Death Knight

• Area of Effect of Effect increased from 900 to 1500

• Cooldown reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds

Human

• Paladin Strength increased from 22 to 24

• Paladin Resurrection Cooldown decreased from 240 to 180 seconds

• Area of Effect of Effect increased from 900 to 1500

• Mountain King Bash Bonus Damage increased from 25 to 25/35/45

• Arcane Tower build time decreased from 50 seconds to 45 seconds

• Sorceress Master Training Research time reduced from 75 to 60 seconds

• Militia duration increased from 40 to 42.5 seconds.

Orc

• Blademaster Agility increased from 22 to 24 (like before the nerf in 2018)

• Troll Headhunter Hit Points increased from 350 to 365

• Spirit Walker Build time reduced from 38 seconds to 33 seconds

• Spirit Walker Master Training Research time reduced from 75 to 60 seconds

• Tauren Build time reduced from 44 seconds to 36 seconds

• Pulverize Damage Increase Lumber Cost reduced from 175 to 100

• Bladestorm damage increased from 110 damage per second to 130 damage per second (210 extra, total of 980 dmg, a Town Hall has 1500 Hit points)

• Bladestorm Mana cost decreased from 200 to 150

• Far Seer Earthquake Area of Effect increased from 250 to 500

• Steel Armor Upgrade Lumber Increment Reduced from 150 to 125 (25 lumber reduction)

• Steel Melee Weapon Melee Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75

• Steel Ranged Weapons Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75

Night elf

• Demon Hunter base Agility increased from 21 to 22 (reverting the nerf 2018)

• Immolation activation cost increased from 1 to 5

• Immolation Mana activation requirement increased from 9 to 10.

• Warden blink Cooldown reduced from 10/7/4 to 10/5/2.5

• Fan of Knives max total damage 300/625/950 to 480/800/1200

• Shadow Strike Cooldown changed from 8 seconds to 8/7/6 seconds

• Priestess of the Moon Starfall damage intervall decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.25

• Skilling Scout now gives the POTM passive movement speed +20/+40/+60

I have tested these changes in the Editor and I have reasoning for each of them in mind but I didn’t want the text to become too bloated

4 Likes

I’m not “brushing off” issues, other people are making them seem bigger than they are. And since yelling at Blizzard is the cool thing to do, it’s easy for everyone to ride that bandwagon. If people made sensible comments and reported on facts, I wouldn’t have any problem with it. Yes, even I had a performance difference similar to what this guy had (minus stuttering). The game is perfectly playable at 100-150 FPS (It’s playable at 60FPS, for that matter). Anyone who claims otherwise is a gaming elitist.

Yes, I get it, it’s the principle of the thing, performance shouldn’t be degraded regardless- on that point, I agree. I just find it bizzare that a entirely acceptable performance level is being described as “unplayable” or otherwise worse than it is. Exaggerating a problem isn’t going to compel a fix. If someone is “stuttering,” that’s a seperate issue entirely that can have a multitude of causes that have nothing to do with a CPU or GPU.

But this is all dodging the issue of “have you tried the PTR yet?” because in my experience, there is a significant improvement on the new PTR patch. Maybe yall should check it before continuing to rant, especially in a thread about the incoming patch, of all things.