Pre-purchase Access to Classic

Pre-purchase spoils of war edition and get four unique skins for warcraft 3 reforged itself. I already pre-purchased spoils of war edition. Don’t miss it.

*16 years, the game was released in 2002…

Can you elaborate please?

I have a issue and I would like to know how Blizzard is going to address it.
I purchased a Warcraft Battle Chest in 2009. I registered both keys for RoC and TFT to my account. I went to my account page to reinstall the clients and only see that RoC and the client available to me. My Frozen Throne key for WarCraft 3 did not register to my account when I initially installed the game in 2009. I am trying to obtain another to play. I no longer have the disks or keys. I purchased a second hand copy and I’m running into issues even trying to install the game, which becomes a non issue if I had a valid key. I could simply download the client. I’m unable to purchase another key through Blizzard as well, conveniently enough. I understand that Customer Service does not have the ability to generate a new/replacement key. That’s understandable. What is not understandable or acceptable is neither of the two people I spoke with today being able and/or willing to submit an escalation internally to a department that can and insistently trying to convince me that it’s “impossible” direct quote. I’ve paid entirely too much money to Blizzard Entertainment over the last decade for that to be the case. I’ve been from Virginia, to Texas, to Hawaii, back to Tennessee, to Germany, to England, to Arizona. It got lost somewhere along the way. That’s not Blizzard’s fault but there should be some means of mediation. As I previously stated, I made the original purchase in 2009. It was sold as a Battle Chest. It’s paid for. After a 3rd contact with customer support, I was informed that classic servers do not record expansion keys so either way this is an issue on Blizzard’s end. When I installed in 2009, it should have registered both keys to my account as Blizzard was switching all games/clients to digital formats and it did not, there for service promised was not rendered. I understand this forum explains that with a prepurchase of W3:RF that Classic will be granted however, that does not remedy my issue and Blizzard has made next to no steps to correct this aside from positioning me to essentially repurchase a game I already purchased 9 years go. That isn’t right.

I think the fair thing to do here is to substract the W3 Classic Price from the W3 Reforge current preorder price for those who bought W3 RoC and TFT back in the days…Or give a refund or some free skins for those who already own W3 TFT and RoC and still prepurchased W3 Reforged.You guys at Blizz did something similar when you made Starcraft 2 Free to play for those who already owned Starcraft 2 WoL HotS and LotV

Hi, any word on being able to play the original or classic warcraft 3? I have pre ordered the reforge edition and still cannot access the original.

5 Likes

Hi! How can i access the classic games? Ive jus preordered wc3 Reforged.

3 Likes

Damn, just pre-ordered this after watching Grubby’s video and was hoping to boot up some nostalgia classic - but it’s not working for me at all. The option to play classic isn’t even there

1 Like

you just need to download the client they posted on 1.30.2 patchnotes

1 Like

You seem to don’t understand.
There is No client in whatever section, No tft nor Roc client, in bnet app nor in bnetdotcom web section account management.
Reinstalling app did not update into a new list of clients, support is not responding to web tickets on this issue.

2 Likes

same think to me.
cant enter in wc3 battlenet. cant download and install the new patch.
wake up!!!

where do you check if you got the keys sent out to you ?

Here is the client, both for Windows and Mac

Quote from there:

SPECIFIC CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Installation now supports verification of Reforged pre-purchase or legacy keys

Hey i have pre-order and i dont have w3 classic why?

Yes you already have, check your email. Wc3 won’t appear on battlenet launcher for now.

You have to download the Warcraft 3 installer by clicking on the link in this forum post:

Then in the installer you’ll have to verify your pre-purchase by logging into bnet on it.

2 Likes

I just pre-purchased Reforged and got confirmation e-mail! Expecting legacy keys to arrive shortly, keeping an eye on mailbox…

You don’t get Warcraft keys if you purchase Reforged, they are now using the “keyless system” that doesn’t require a CD key for you to play.

it works, i pre purchase and this version allows u to either put in the cdkey or to log in and download the pre purchase version, ive already played one game on bnet 2v2 and currently loading another 1v1 game IT WORKKKKKSSS THANKSSS BNET

1 Like

pre-purchased. own both original games still cant install in bnet app sad panda

1 Like