Please do not change the original Lore!

It’s not absurd, it’s a necessity. Since WOW butchered the lore, it’s the best thing Blizzard can do at this point.

1 Like

It’s absurd to have a 4 put in front of it when it’s ignoring previous Warcraft history that is legitimately canon.

I’m sorry but we don’t get to pick and choose otherwise my personal ‘WC3’ wouldn’t have had Thralls Horde in it.

Then just play Warcraft 3 and don’t purchase Reforged.

Or purchase Reforged to play the old campaigns with new visuals.

But it doesn’t ignore previous history. It carries on right after Warcraft 3, therefore it is Warcraft 4.

I don’t want the Warcraft series to be desecrated any more by Blizzard. It’s insulting.

1 Like

Then don’t engage with the series anymore, move on.

It’s hard to move on from a series that you care so much about… you can’t just expect me to stop caring out of thin air.

1 Like

“I really wish this stove would stop burning my hand even though I keep putting my hand down on it.”

Yeak I really wish Blizzard would stop urinating on Warcraft lore…

1 Like

“Guys why is this stove so hot.”

WC3 carries on right after WC2 but there were YEARS apart. And it included tons of missing lore that had to be explained in novels or outside sources. The nerubian war in the north, Lord of the Clans, Day of the Dragon, etc etc. All that and we didn’t even see what happened to Gnomes…

So yes, WC4 would carry on WC3. But it also would assume all of WoW happened in the interim as well. They have to because WoW is literally where the entire current Warcraft fanbase comes from. It’s Activision Blizzard’s top 3 most profitable games, alongside COD and Candy Crush. You can’t ignore the elephant in the room.

You’re not going to make me stop complaining about this dude…

Typical… it’s all about the money, screw the fans…

Like I said, doesn’t stop me from complaining. If I didn’t fight for the original lore to be unchanged, I’d live to regret it.

1 Like

Yes it is, since Reforged retcons will become the new canon.
Yes, I know what you meant: we’ll still be able to play the old game. But it will not be the canon anymore. And whenever we’ll want to play the game with updated graphics, we’ll have to cope with a retconned game, and I wish this won’t be happening. That’s why I’m hoping retcons will be only on minor details such as some secondary characters’ names (Falric…).

Hey, let’s use KingOmelette’s argument here: they own the game and the lore, they can change it. If they want it, they can call 15 years of WoW lore non-canon :slight_smile:

So when people don’t agree with you, you’re just gonna tell them to go elsewhere? We are allowed to criticise retcons just as much as you are allowed to enjoy them, whether we’ll buy the game or not.

2 Likes

Yeah but why would they want to piss off the majority of WoW fans who would be purchasing a new RTS game? Which is exactly why Reforged exists, mind you.

This is like saying they can do anything they want so they could ignore Warcraft 3 and release WC4 as a continuation of Beyond the Dark Portal. Yeah, they could do that, but why would they?

I understand the feeling and affection you have for Warcraft. All of us here have

But some changes are inevitable. It was proposed to make a Reforged game, not a simple remastering.

I also do not want to see my Warcraft spoiled (more than it already is), but you can not think of a Refoged any more without some knowledge adjustments. That would be an insult to all of us, given all the changes Blizz sends us.

They wouldn’t piss off WOW fans… WOW fans do not care about the game’s story. If they did, they’d have played Warcraft 3 by now.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t stop you from complaining, I never said it would lol!

But making suggestion that WC4 should not involve WoW lore is not a complaint, it’s an absurd suggestion and that’s what I’m saying. You’re allowed to have absurd suggestions, just as I’m allowed to point out how absurd it is.

They’re only inevitable if you let them happen. That’s why I made this thread, to voice my opinion and this thread has got a lot of likes. Kinda shows that I’m not alone here.

1 Like

“Hey Reforged forums, is anyone else’s stove burning them when they put their hand on it? I think mine’s bugged.”

It probably isn’t going to be. The dumb move, which isn’t beyond Blizzard to pull once in a while, would be to not let us play the old content with new graphics. They’re doing it for the melee/ladder and customs. They let us roll through the Starcraft campaigns with new visuals. I’m pretty sure the main menu is going to wind up a flow chart of:
Singleplayer → Reforged OR Classic → Reign of Chaos OR Frozen Throne.

Hell, I’ve thought about if they make a World of Warcraft 2 or Warcraft 4 if they’d do a timeskip of like 20 - 30 years or outright pull a Mortal Kombat 9 and have the retconning outright be the new story narrative.

1 Like

The MK9 thing is actually how I see them tackling a next true Warcraft game. That’s actually what they tried with Chronicles but man, they’re even revising the stuff they have in the first few books since Legion.

Chronicles is yet another attempt to remove original lore from existence. It’s almost like propaganda at this point “Submit to our new lore! Submit to the retcons!”

This is how I envision Blizzard now, they are forcing Warcraft to be terrible and demand that we accept it.

Reforged changing the lore is just more of this propaganda.

1 Like