Please do not change the original Lore!

That’s not Warcraft 4 though. That’s Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor 2. I think it’s definitely something fun to explore, but I also think Heroes of the Storm’s Altered Fates and Hearthstone’s Knights of the Frozen Throne were very interesting concepts too.

If we’re gonna assume a universe that ignores WoW then can I assume it ignores WC3 as well and just take WC2 down an evolutionary path that it should always had stayed on? The Dark Horde was always more interesting than native american Tauren and island trolls. Green Jesus was the worst thing that happened to the Horde.

Also I have my own interpretation of WC4 that would just barely touch on WoW as history that I think could work. I don’t think we need to abandon anything from WoW for the series to progress. Warhammer even did this multiple times.

1 Like

Actually it’s very easy to break lore, Blizzard are very good at doing it.

I know all of the lore that happened prior to WOW. I own the Archive, I have read it from beginning to end, I am not ignorant in the slightest.

Quote button exists for a reason, use it.

1 Like

It’s almost like, again, they own the IP and can do with it as they please. wow real shocker there. What’s next, someone remakes the Spider-man movies?

Except for the part where you continue to somehow let the ‘25 year franchise’ detail slip your mind or give a nice whoosh sound as it passes over your head.

^^
Clearly you will defend Blizzard on every single thing.

Ever considered the possibility that Blizzard are wrong for ruining the lore?

It doesn’t matter how old it is, it should be faithful to the original. It’s called treating your fanbase and series with respect, something Blizzard doesn’t seem to do well at.

1 Like

Owning it doesn’t mean you’re doing a good job with it…

The point is, the lore is screwed up badly since WoW and 15 years of WoW don’t justify to impose that indescribable mess to Warcraft 3.

2 Likes

Why? There’s nothing worth quoting, unless you forgot what you said.

So is this the point where you’ve given up, just slap that label on me, and call it a day because you aren’t able to refute points anymore? Despite me saying earlier myself in the thread that Blizzard isn’t immune to critique, it’s just that we should wait to see what it is exactly we’re critiquing?

Never said they were, just that they can make changes as they wish.

1 Like

I don’t even know what you are responding to. I’m busy trying to do several things at once here.

1 Like

I think a War3 Reforged, without a minimum of polishing in the campaigns, would be a job done by the thighs. And Blizzard can no longer go wrong with the community.

Imagine Sunwell in the Reforged: that blue fountain as it was in War3 (human architecture) … It would be shameful.

The Reforged project is not a simple remastering (as it was in SC, or the Age of empire the definitive edition). Understand it?

Well if your retort to me is “They own the IP so they can do whatever they want” then you clearly are defending them. See Sieben’s response.

1 Like

You see the little button at the top of this response? The one that has your name on it? Click it.

Hope you learned how reply works on this forum.

And I never said they couldn’t. I said it’s a bad idea.

WoW lore was screwed up and Warcraft 3 has to pay for it, it’s pretty dumb.

Some tweaking here and there, yes, why not. If it doesn’t alter the universe, if it doesn’t retcon the story, I don’t mind.

1 Like

Ok now your reply makes no sense, you bring up Warlords of draenor 2, a game that doesn’t exist… a game I never brought up…

1 Like

This ‘Us vs. Them’ mentality is so boring. You can think whatever you want, but I know I’m gonna wait until it’s out, play through the campaign, then mull over all the rewrites or new additions afterwards.

Warcraft 3 isn’t paying for it. Warcraft 3 has continued to exist since the MMO’s release and isn’t being replaced by Reforged.

1 Like

I want them not to change the lore before they mess it up.

1 Like

You know what happened in Warlords of Draenor right?

Alternate timeline. That’s what you are suggesting. That WC4 takes an alternate timeline than what is presented in WoW. That’s what Warlords of Draenor was all about.

What? No, I’m talking about separate canon starting from Warcraft 3.

Warlords of draenor was like the War Of The Ancients trilogy, it was time travel but with characters from the future. Warcraft 4 wouldn’t have any WOW characters involved.

1 Like

Which is an alternate universe because the canon continues with WoW.

Just like if I suggest a separate canon starting from WC2, it is an alternate universe. We can’t just take my suggestion for WC2 canon and say ‘This is WC4’

And no, Warlords was not time travel. It was an alternate timeline. Thrall was never born, Grom never had a son. It was explained from the outset that this was an alternate timeline. Instead of Thrall, a female was born to Draka and Durotan; who happens to be the current leader of the Mag’har in BFA.

Fine, I want an alternate universe from WOW in Warcraft 4, completely separate canon, no involvement from WOW, carries on from Warcraft 3… how hard is this to understand?

1 Like

It’s not hard to understand.

I’m saying it’s absurd :confused:

Absurd to call WC4 anyways. You can call this a WC3 expansion or something though.