Performance - Stuttering with Reforged Graphics - edit: found the cause, asset caching issues. please read

THANK YOU, I’ve been complaining about this since day 1 of beta release and everybody looked at me like I was crazy, it makes the game completely unplayable on HD graphics! It’s the one and only thing I’ve been testing every new beta patch and it was NEVER fixed!

drive.google . com/open?id=1hCTWX9SpfmPFakQhscAFxQMghF2l99ez

^video of it in action

To me, this is it. It’s the ONLY thing that hampers gameplay. Everything else is either great or non-gameplay related(account linking, replays, MMR). Why isn’t it being fixed? It doesn’t just hamper gameplay, it makes it unplayable. I have to use the old SD graphics. I beg you Blizzard to fix it, I beg you!!! (RX 580 and Ryzen 5 2600 for me)

I agree, its the ONLY complaint I have about reforged, I have also contacted AMD about the issue as well, couldn’t hurt. I REALLY REALLY hope this gets fixed, even though its been an issue since beta day 1. I’d recommend submitting a report to them as well anyway.

up, dev please see this ! this bug is painful

Same issue here, vega 56.

I’m having the same problem. I can reproduce it 100% of the time in a custom game. My specs are:

• i5-6600k
  • Radeon 5700 (w/ 20.1.4 drivers)
  • Windows 10
1 Like

I’ve discovered today that if you reload a campaign save file, the stutter produced by destroying a building is no longer there. Creating a building, however, still stutters for almost a second even when using a reloaded save file. I cannot speak for multiplayer as I’ve yet to even try it. Hoping this gets fixed as it is hurting my experience with the campaign.

I periodically get freezes and fps drops in most of campaign missions without any discernible cause…

Br, PopshU

I tried adjusting a few monitor settings to see if it would make a difference, but it doesn’t. I still get the caching issue even if:

• I disable dual monitors by turning off my secondary monitor.
  • I turn my 144hz monitor down to 60hz.

I also confirm to have really poor performance on Rx 560x,16 gb of ram and Ryzen 5 !!! Pls fix it !!!

i5 3470
amd r9 270 (2gb vram)
driver: 20.1.4 (amd’s latest reforged driver release)
8gb RAM

I can confirm the exact same situation.

Map stuttering disappears if I scroll across all areas of the map. As soon as I make a unit or building, the stuttering re-appears.

The same amount of stuttering occurs no matter how low I set my video settings.

My fps (as reported in-game) on low settings is 150+

Doesn’t seem to be a lack of VRAM either. With lowest settings my VRAM is ~75% filled, yet I still experience the micro-stuttering.

Newest update (1.32.1) completely solved this issue for me!

1 Like

1.32.1 patch also solved the problem for me. Thank you Blizzard.

1 Like

can confirm this has been fixerd

1 Like

Not fixed for me just reduced :frowning:

maybe set everything to Low? does it go away then? If so, maybe increase each setting one at a time – there might be one setting that makes it worse. I personally found Lighting setting to be pretty performance-harming, so I left that at Low.

with a GTX 1080 Ti and i7 8700k… no ahah

this is not fixed tho, stutters/mini freezes are still happening making the game unplayable. Also menu lags on 1920*1080 resolutions, any updates on this matter?

The most frustrating part are the stutters/mini freezes, the fps drops are so annoying :(. Reforged graphics are cool but the game is not running properly sadly, please try to optimize it for the next patch.

my specs:
windows 10 64bit
i7 6700hq
nvidia gtx960m
16 ram
HDD drive

Other games run without problems.

2 Likes

Is there any update regarding this? I tried to contact customer service still no reply. I run on a Acer NITRO 5

Windows 10 64bit
I7-7700h
Nvidia GTX-1050TI
16ram
SSD HDD Drive,

My I believe my computer specs is not the problem. Is there any temporary solution to this atleast?

try msi afterburner to log performance and hardware usage like i did here:

without more informations its impossible to nail down the root of the problem.

with older notebook hardware i guess you can expect wc3 reforged to run like garbage. i struggled to achieve somewhat usable performance with a rather powerful workstation pc.

1 Like

HONESTLY its UNBELIAVABLE!!
CAN U FINALLY FIX OPTIMIZATION???

I own the Acer Predator helios 300
i7-8750h
GTX1660
8gm ram

Doesn’t matter whatever settings i use still all the time i have micro-freezes, stuttering.

All drivers are updated, tried everything. ALL GAMES WORKS perfect !! BUT NOT REFORGED!!! SO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN SO PLEASE JUST BUY SOME LAPTOPS AND TRY TO PLAY