Performance is dreadful

how u even PLAY on linux ? what build u use ? Mint ? Ubuntu ? Plz tell us all u use to run it

I always cringe at people giving away their pc specs everytime they can. Especially when they have an unholy amount of RAM (can’t even begin to describe how overkill 32gb is for a gaming setup)

1 Like

I started the game from laptop with ProcessExplorer, & it showed me following: Warcraft3.exe is starting with Nvidia GPU, BUT inside W3.exe there is one addictional process BlizzardBrowser.exe, & it runs with integrated Intel GPU core. When i switched all *.exe files in NvidiaControlPannel to run with NvGPU, fps grew up from 20-25 to 50-55.

I made a lutris script.

x_https://lutris.net/games/warcraft-iii-reforged/

I didn’t buy a RTX card just for this game.

I disagree when you have games like Modern Warfare recommending 16 GB.

Lots of games have 16gb as their recommended specs and never take more than 6-7. Most I’ve seen any game take is RDR2 at 9.

1 Like

People buy more RAM more as an investment than anything else. It’s the cheapest component, 16GB costs less than 100 euros, so when you are building a good machine, it’s just a little bit extra.

I’m getting 144fps 1440p in a regular match up.

Some people do work on their “gaming” computers? Running multiple VMs? Using PhotoShop or any Adobe product? Why would I buy another computer to do that, when I already have a great setup that just needs 16GB more RAM than my “gaming” computer?

That’s a good question. I’ve tried the beta on a high end PC and on a med spec PC and they both run terribly. Insane shuttering even in the main menu ! Please delay the game so we can play a decent release.

2 Likes

100 euros is 1/3 of the month sallary in some countries of Eastern Europe.

This problem still hasn’t been fixed! The menu runs at 2-3 fps for me what the hell. In game it runs smoothly.

1 Like

My particular issue is insane stuttering… 2-3 and sometimes up to 10-15 seconds at a time… I have an i7-4770k, 32gb ddr3 ram, game installed on Samsung EVO 870 SSD, and a 2080Ti. I don’t get where the performance issue is coming from. Is there anyway to diagnose?

I have tried openGL2 and nativefullscr as well

oh but you know what I am on 2560x1440 resolution, I am going to try to bump it down to 1920x1080

1 Like

Try this, I guess. Run as admin as well.

So… for a high end PC, the solution consists of lowering all settings of a +17 year-old game… What a nice solution.

2 Likes

Its not optimization or hardware its the models, and don’t expect anything to be done about it. models are over excessive overtly polygon heavy hyper detailed bloatware that is put in an RTS game where you aren’t exactly controlling like… that one guy in an RPG with super cool armor.

Imagine that one guy in an RPG with super cool armor and hyer detail except make the number of that one guy to about 600 and have it render on the entire screen. OBVIOUSLY the FPS will sh!t on itself. the models made for this game are not suitable for it. and also have functional issues, directly harmed the older custom communities in their intend to transition their maps to HD for more appeal. and size issues for maps is as common if not catapulted with Reforged.

A map with 500 to 3000 polygon models with stylish art that makes it not look as dated was the key for this game. that’s not some off world science its literally how this game was successful in the first place.

If all you want to do is marvel at Reforged models with 11 to 25 to 100 thousand polygons (for buildings it gets that high) Warcraft 3 is a bad way to do it.

Plus if you’re running this game at 60FPS for war3 is nothing, its actually bad, and it constantly falls bellow 60 unless its using top end graphics cards.

You need to run the game well above 200 FPS so when the numbers of material that’s rendered on the screen goes up then it would be reduced to 70-60 and that would be then reasonable. if anyones running this game at 60, when push comes to shove the game will run at 10 FPS.

you can have an utter ultimate comp, but if ur monitor is like super huge resolution thats a lot of weight