Penalty system for Abusers, option to replace leavers with CPU

I understand that sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes people accidentally go AFK once in a while, but there really needs to be some sort of penalty for those who TK, frequently go AFK or leave early.

Idle players should be removed from the game after 60 seconds (or allow a player vote) if somebody gets removed from the game for being AFK they should have the ability to rejoin, but if they go AFK again they will receive a more severe penalty, such as not being able to search Ladder again for several hours (if they get caught in RT they get temporarily blocked from Solo, FFA, AT, too)

For Team Killing, it may be that once in a while somebody attacks a building to free themselves from a trap, but when somebody deliberately and repeatedly attacks an allies units or destroys an entire base they should be punished. You also dont want somebody building a wall of farms around your base.

Thats why players should have a voting system of some kind, or at least a way to block certain players from appearing in games as frequently. For instances of TK/Trolls the player should not be allowed to search Ladder for like 12-24 hours, and if they do it again the time frame doubles, triples, etc.

Other helpful improvements:

For those who disconnect, I really hope to see a reconnect feature added to the game. I also think it would be nice if players could have the option of enabling a computer AI to play for somebody who leaves early.

The AI would still have shared control for you to help out, and I think it would really balance out the issues with leavers, even if the AI sucks (or even if they are set to easy) its just a little something to help prevent the game from being an instant loss when somebody quits.

Again it could be a voting thing, or option that can be turned on/off for those occasions when somebody does try to control a leaver.

I also think there should be some way of sharing the resources of an ally who has left.

Or how about making the starting 5 peons automatically begin mining gold at the start of a match, to help prevent somebody from falling too far behind for being AFK for a minute. I’ve seen it in custom games and it works perfectly fine

11 Likes

the problem is, if someone trolls you by building his buildings in your base, and blocking your units, you wont be able to destroy his buildings

3 Likes

I specifically stated there are occasions where it is necessary to destroy a building if trapped, just set the system to only ban when somebody kills like 5 or 10 units/buildings in a row (or 1 hero). Thats why the penalty would be a temporary ban from searching ladder again. Or it would give you a warning the first time, and only ban if you do it twice in a row maybe?

Maybe if you are caught TK multiple times in a row, you get a bunch of losses added to your account? or a tag next to your name saying Troll :slight_smile:

1 Like

the system cant differentiate between someone killing a building thats blocking their base, or someone killing a building because he wants his team mate to lose the game

4 Likes

Teamkillers/backstabbers might be harder to differentiate with, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a ‘leaver jail’ system that some other games do.

2 Likes

How about just a better matchmaking since thats the real problem? are you delusional? level 1 jail? reporting level 1 player for being… bad?
Matchmaking, fool

2 Likes

A penalty for leaving games too early would be good… it gets annoying to control 1-2 players for the whole game

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any punishment for leaving solo games obviously.

RT games, I think those resources from the leaver should just be shared across the team. This will help even out a handicapped match.

The leaver should get a cooldown penalty (1 leave in season, no CD, 2 leaves = 30 minute CD, 3 leaves = 2 hours, 4 leaves = 24 hours, 5 leaves = 1 week).

I would like to see a cool-down and voting system like Counter-Strike: GO. But I think the voting system should only be allowed to vote to kick a player who has been inactive/afk for a certain period of time (say 5 minutes). And a cooldown punishment can be applied to a frequent afker as well.

Now bsers/griefers will be hard to tackle. It will require a lot of code writes. The easiest way I think this can work is allow the team to kick a player who has done a certain amount of team-damage. And/Or, have it triggered to where it kicks you out of the game if you do a certain amount of team damage in the beginning of the game (prevent militia main kill). Once again, a cooldown punishment can be applied to the player.

• However, creating a new account is easy to bypass cooldowns. So they would have to ban the CD key for a certain amount of time. Or they should only allow one account per CD key. And this would require use to link one current account to a CD key.

Another note, if they were to do a voting system, it should only be allowed to kick players who have been afk for a certain time or if they have done a certain amount of team damage. Otherwise, people will just vote to kick noobs so they can increase their chances of winning. If you get teamed up with a noob. That’s too bad. It’s RT.

I don’t think this current team can handle any of this though. They can hardly release patches that work, so any rewriting/additional features will probably increase the chances of more screw ups.

It might be best to leave it the way it is and just accept RT is circus and can be a waste of time. Yea, you might get some losses due to afkers/bots/bsers, but you got just as many wins because of it too.

2 Likes

That was the old system. They fixed that already.

1 Like

that allows players to spam auto-loss to abuse ladder

I like this idea :slight_smile:

I edited my OP and reply

2 Likes

We are left to rot until reforged is officially released. There are people who actually built a name for their notorious stupidity like “TheWalking***” and “Dancing***” and I’m pretty sure most of you can already guess their full game name. The reason I’m not naming them is because I’ll get a temp ban for naming and shaming.

Blizzard logic at its finest.

1 Like

all of this is solved by simply being able to report players. Automatic bans for TK or other stuff, can have a lot of false positives in here.

So hopefully when Reforged is released, you’ll have able to report players for melee games and custom games as well.

3 Likes

I think a player voting system should be enough to prevent false positives. How is a reporting system better than an in-game voting system? I’d rather have a TK kicked from the game immediately rather than waiting for a report to be registered and then hoping the penalty is initiated. Plus, what if somebody TKs 5 games in a row, but the report is not detected until the next morning when the player is offline. Obviously, the temporary ban should not count if they are offline, but they should be banned right away IMO

1 Like

lmao at voting system as soon as a group of players doesn’t like someone they can vote kick them too huh?

simple solution is adjusting the match making so 0-0 smurfs cant be matched with high level players.

and bsing is a part of random team you cant stop it so get over it you cry babies.

2 Likes

No the voting system would not be available until somebody is idle for 60 seconds, or has attacked multiple friendly units/buildings… is it really that complicated?

your opinion is not accurate

What about denying (last hitting) units, n00b? You have no game knowledge pls uninstall.

1 Like

The problem with a reporting system is that it is almost always abused. In other games the majority of reports I see happening are people reporting someone for having a bad game (or just being a beginner / not great). I still support reporting, but there should be a way to deal with false reporting as well.

2 Likes

How would the report system not be automatic? Honestly.

that can easily be fixed by having a report score, too many bad reports will land u a bad report score, and then your reports will fall under low priority, or might even be ignored outright.

Of course for this to work we the game would need to be tied to your account, so u can’t just go and create new user whenever u want.

1 Like

They punished leavers in the early days of w3 tft with a cd key ban for some time. Looks like gave up this practice coz of a dead game. Hope to see it when reforge came out.

1 Like