OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :)

Hey guys, I created a discord server here for people who want to play on PTR. People can join and coordinate playing times since the server is nowhere near critical mass yet. Feel free to add channels for your favorite games.

Discord Link: x_https://discord.gg/dUuGFC

2 Likes

i am on TFT PTR and reforge both at the same time. But PTR needs more players.

1 Like

Enjoy the PTR while it lasts. I can guarantee they’ll replace it with a Reforged PTR when they start readying the next patch… whenever that is.

i.e. enjoy your non-solution.

1 Like

I dont mind they delete PTR if they make new patch with players profile and able to add old friends on friend list. I currently lost all the my gaming friends which was in my original TFT friend list. I cant contact them at all… We will see what would blizzard do next.

Well, a lot of custom maps are broken with the reforged update. It will take time for map creators to fix everything, during which I hope PTR is supported.

confirming that this worked for me as well thanks @Aaronk!

2 Likes

I downloaded this and it’s working fine on my PC but if I copy/paste the folder to an USB to another PC it doesn’t work afterwards. It opens the “Input CD-Key” screen but there’s blank space so I can’t input the keys and game can’t start. I’m doing this for LAN play btw.

this is amazing lol

1 Like

i think u need to install it to that pc instead of just copy folder.

nice,I like classic tft

1 Like

More people are finding out about this. Will be back playing online multiplayer tomorrow. Hopefully some games will be found. Good work boys.

2 Likes

great solution but the place is quite empty.
maybe lets join all to the same channel? any ideas?

1 Like

nobody in public chat. but I found a game in idk 3-5 mins

1 Like

no it all works perfect reforge and ptr

Use the Warcraft III.exe in x86_64 folder to start the game.
Make sure the roc.w3k file is in it and it will start without any problems.

roc.w3k is the file where the CD key is stored.
It’s basically just a text file, so you can create a .txt file and put your RoC CD key in it, then rename it to roc.w3k

Or use the roc.w3k from your old WC3 folder, if you still have it.

1 Like

You do realize that you can just pirate the game like any normal person would, right? No need for silly workarounds, just torrent it. Or does the battle net client actually mess that up too?

it doesnt matter if you pirate the game. eventually you will end up trying to enter bnet which will require you to update to latest version which is the reforged one.
your solution is obviously good for campaign / any offline games only, but the whole discussion here is about getting back to the old Bnet.

2 Likes

There are lots of ways to play the old game offline, just install the old client from Blizzard website.
But this is the only was to play it online on the old Bnet, as far as we know. But it won’t last, probably.

You still have the LAN option in the old game, so really only battlenet is missing. You can still play with anyone you like if you use something like hamachi. Pirating fixes a lot in this case.

1 Like

So you can have both installed at the same time? And one won’t replace the other?