OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :)

Just be careful which part of the mpq you overwrite :wink:

What is the player base number in PTR? Are there actual Dota games up and running etc or is it a ghosttown?

I found solution to my problem… I deleted the Battlenet app after ofc deleting WC3 that I downloadet with the app… and when I mean deleting I mean everything … like the files in Documents, the ones in Program Files and Program Files 84, the from appData in Local and Roaming… then restarted my computer and when I installed the old version of the game the editor was working … It is true i’m playing 1.24d but that’s enough for me.
Btw my pc is old and when i tried the PTR version was working but was lagging so hard that I coudnt play it… maybe I’ll get better pc and will try then.

It seems better than reforged but know one is in here onther than 1v1 :frowning:

This is legit and even works in 1vs1 but we need to test custom maps to see if this is working and there is about zero players there

I have played a few custom maps in PTR. It 100% works and it was one of the best experiences ever, it was like the good old days back again.

I actually have 60-90 ping there, where in reforged my ping is 180-500

1 Like

I tried downloading and running the PTR, but it keeps telling me to relaunch the installer to update, when I try log in with my Reforged credentials. Can anyone help?

Don’t boot it through the Launcher. Just the Warcraft 3 EXE

indeed ping is better here

Even if I run the Warcraft 3 exe instead of the launcher, it does the same thing. It asks for my Reforged credentials, I try log in, then it asks me to run the installer again “for an update” in an endless loop.

Sadly, Support isn’t allowed/able to help me with this and directed me here for help. I can’t fault them for that though, they’re just doing what the higher ups tell them to.

EDIT: And yes, I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the whole thing twice now, same result. Tried the Warcraft 3.exe in both the x86 and x86_64 folders in the Public Test Realm directory. Using Windows 10.

Hmm… That’s really weird. I downloaded the PTR fresh, and I get an EXE called “Warcraft III Public Test Launcher” with a pic of Thrall next to it. It just launches the game, no issues.

this is what i cant figure out how pings used to be so much better now east is like playing from west. i really miss my old ping. nobody cares tho so i guess im just stuck with it

And I think they axed it. There is no more PTR anymore available there because Reforged got it own in the Blizzard App so I think if you do not have your discs anymore and download the patches manually you are forced to use Refunded.

1 Like

This works, tested it: Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

For example:

Windows

RoC v1.27 German: https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=deDE&os=WIN

TFT v1.27 German: https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=deDE&os=WIN

Patch v1.27b German (TFT including RoC): http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_Deutsch.exe

1 Like

What sucks is I tried to warn people that this was going to happen months ago.

2 Likes

I do not see Warcraft® III: Public Test Realm anymore in my game list. Does this still work? Playing on battle.net with the classic game is like the dream!

No. They updated the PTR to Reforged a while ago, as was expected.

1 Like

I know. I read it.

Summary

Does this still work?

Summary

No

2 Likes