Oceanic Servers?

If you’re going ask what a specific organization specifically does, sorry, but I’m not involved in anything like that. I have no idea.

As for generalities, for example, MMOs’ biggest issues are stolen accounts and stolen credit cards. Essentially scamming and hacking to steal money. And with video game piracy, cheating, etc being a multibillion dollar industry, it’s not inconceivable that $600 a day is doable.

As far as not trusting me, I’m not about to put my MVP status in jeopardy by lying and deceiving.

Okay so your numbers are worthless, because they’re pure speculation. Thanks for nothing.

I based my calculations on replay sizes. Maybe make use of your MVP status and ask someone how much traffic and/or cost a match of wc3 causes.

No you crazy person. The numbers were specifically for the Amazon numbers you gave me. The piracy number is a published figure in various anti-piracy reports out in the real world. And you missed all that… all of it.

You can’t stop yourself, even when called out for it multiple times.

How did you come up with the http request numbers for wc3? It is a simple question.

I so I have to type out it again for you. Par for the course, arcsaber, even when called out for it multiple times. Stop skipping everything that rebuts you.

It was an estimated average of requests per second between clients and hosts. But, since it was indeed an estimate, for you I redid the calculations based off a known number, the turn rate, to produce a low end number that still far more than your leisurely estimate.

You surely will have some form of sources for your claims, just as everything I said is possible to google? It is a technical matter after all, not a matter of opinion.

So is everything I said, and quite easily to boot.

None of it is clandestine or hard to find. But you couldn’t even take the time to find that out. Here’s the searches… on a platter for you. Lots of sources describing things in all sorts of detail. Tweaking the search terms bring up even more.

http requests per second

Piracy multibillion dollar industry

Warcraft 3 turn rate

You assume that the wc3 turnrate is transmitted via tcp/http whereas the udp protocol exists, which is predominantly used in gaming. We apparently have no information how much of the wc3 traffic is tcp and how much udp.

Http carries both.

[Amazon] Global Accelerator is a good fit for non-HTTP use cases, such as gaming (UDP)

What significance is a generic statement supposed to have here? That all video games are the same?

But, let’s go with your claim here for a moment. Let’s leave http out. In fact let’s leave all transfer protocols out of the equation completely and evaluate my original premise: the cost the community would need to front,

Let’s look at another piece of the pricing pie…

… even though you’re still fervidly latching onto something that isn’t a reality…

Amazon has example pricing for the game hosting portion of their cloud services based on time with example stats:

The On-Demand price for a c4.large instance in the US East (N. Virginia) region is $0.127 per hour. Using our rule of thumb, we arrive at a Spot instance price of $0.04. Running 2,500 instances 24 hours a day for an entire month (assuming a 30 day month) comes to $229,000 per month for On-Demand instances, but only $72,000 per month for Spot instances.

Again multiplied by the number of local hosting servers.

So, leaving any and all transfer protocols out, yeah, the community funding what your thinking w3c is going to do, month after month, again not likely.

C4 instances are designed for compute-bound workloads, such as high-traffic front-end fleets, MMO gaming, media processing, transcoding, and High Performance Computing (HPC) applications.

None of that applies to wc3. Sadly you’ll have to choose another path for your sophistry to succeed.

And you ignored pertinent information again. Straight up, fully skipped right over. Blind to anything that threatens your position. No more spoon feeding. You’re going to have to hear everything you opponents say when in a debte.

On a separate note, I finally did fact check you here at the end, which I gave you the benefit of doubt at the very beginning, only to find out that Amazon charges gaming cloud services by the time unit, not by transfer protocols, bandwidth, data. Which can be seen in the example. So now youve lead us down an irrelevant rabbit hole for nothing… over something that won’t be permitted in the first place.

You made a critical mistake: you googled some random stuff with “amazon gaming” and chose the most expensive variation for a game such as WoW or otherwise large scale AI computiation. You are clearly not aware of what is needed to host a wc3 game, which is barely anything.

Which only leads me to the conclusion, that not only you don’t play the game, but you’re clueless about IT/programming as well. So long, mister “I know the Actiblizz devs” MVP.

Are you sure? In the search results, I chose the FAQ for the gaming cloud service that Amazon provides for AWS. Nothing random there.

Are you sure? $0.127 is at the bottom end of their various price ranges because games like WoW also require hardly anything compared to what cloud computing can be used for. Which is what made it a great example.

From now on, make sure do some research before speaking so definitively. Your opponent may have done their own before opening their mouth.

And don’t concern yourself with your cloud gaming schtick any longer. You were told at the very, very start that it’s not permitted. If w3c does end up going that route they are going to hurt what they have spent so much time building and their patrons.

And how you were again able to concoct links between unrelated things is again numbingly delusional, fabricated, last ditch effort. Perfect arcsaber. There’s no link between all this Amazon/cloud gaming debate and playing WC3 and/or knowing more about what Blizzard does.

@Arcsaber I wonder how this will work?

Through a virtual LAN connection, so you don’t have to use the Actiblizz servers.

1 Like

On the OG game they used to have an Oceanic Server Kalimdor I believe it was called don’t quote me though. I’m old.