Oceanic Servers

This game needs oceanic servers,
There is a large chuck of your playerbase you arent catering for and when you force an entire region onto terrible servers with a high ping expect those people to drop your game like a hot potato.

6 Likes

Same with south america… When I played with bots I used to play with 80-130 ping, now I’m playing at 250 min :frowning:

7 Likes

I can… tolerate it. But it’s annoying for sure. I don’t want 250-500 ping. And have nothing I can do about that.

Good thing at least I have friends I can Lan with occasionally.

2 Likes

^ this patch should be a dream come true with all the custom games up but the closest server to us is 300-400ms. i have friends on this game that have been playing together for 7 years, some even longer. noone has been on in weeks because its unplayable now. please add OCE and south american servers because we love this game

3 Likes

i agree that they should add some more servers for regions not currently covered. specially when reforged goes live as that might increase strain on the ones already present.

Not trying to be a pain, but just wondering if you have any data to back up “large chunk of playerbase”? I believe all players should have good ping as well, just wondering if commercially it makes sense to have a server farm for smaller regions. I’m assuming they would do it otherwise?

In South America ppl widely play wc3. So it needs South American server yes, its a continent lol

1 Like

They already have a server farm in australia for WoW and Starcraft II and HoTs , and overwatch, shouldnt be that hard to add a few racks for wc3… you wouldnt think so anyway

Didn’t realize that. Agreed it makes sense to do it for WC3 then if they already have the infrastructure in place.

if their infrastructure is in place, adding another machine should not be that difficult. it is however costly. just stating facts, not trying to hurt anybody.

it is however costly.

I cringe everytime.

1 Like

They already have servers on SA, I play OW and I get 40/80 ping on blizz servers… I don’t mind playing below 150 but this is really annoying :confused:

The problem with this argument is that it’s circular. People don’t play WC3 because they lag and they don’t fix the lag because people don’t play.

Assuming Blizzard would do things otherwise is GIANT leap. WoW OCE servers haven’t seen their Customer Service rep talk in over a year, we get shafted on pretty much everything. When BFA came out, US realms had lag issues that were fixed in under a day, and multiple Twitter posts. OCE? Ignored for 2 months with no public attention.

Things like this need constant attention or like everything else, this will just be swept under the rug/ignored.

2 Likes

No Singapore Server No love for Asian yet…pray Jesus for now…