No Wow Retconned, Blizz Excuse = Purist, So What Excuse for Cut Reforge Cutscene?

Blizzard use the Purist as the meatshield - excuse for the cut of WoW retconned and WoW voiceover, so what their excuse for cutting the 4hour+ Reforge Cutscene that they show on the 2018 Blizzcon advertisement?

9 Likes

They used the ‘purist’ as the sacrificial lamb too.

Their narrative is that people don’t want new voice-overs so they will not redo any cutscene because of the old audio files.

2 Likes

It’s not a Blizzard “meatshield” - It shows how dumb the Purists are…Do you remember their first reaction to a new style of cutscenes back in the day? Well I do, “What a strange,unrealistic animation”,“What the heck is wrong with movements?”,“I miss the old Jaina voice!” “Don’t change make game to WoW”,“We don’t need Christie Golden!”

This is what you’ve done by this…

4 Likes

Use the search feature and stop posting topics we’ve already gone over like 100x.

They said CUTSCENE not Cinematic.
The difference is pretty huge.

You will be getting reforged cutscenes, with new camera angles, using the brand new models and they even added new animations for hand gestures etc, that you saw in the 2018 video.

SO essentially your complaining about something that WILL be in the game.

Source being the DeepDive interview and Polygon articles.

They are just scaling it back meaning the new voice acting is not there.

You are still getting a Reforged Stratholme, Dalaran and Silvermoon map design.

4+ hours of cutscenes = Reforged old cutscenes using the new models and animations (yes there is about 4 hours IN THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN).

3 Likes

i read a few old post, and yes they are pure cancer :rofl:

1 Like

They ruined everything and now they’re mad at them for doing what they wanted,lol

Yes they are toxic. To the point I took about a week away from this forum.

People really don’t do their own research and just hear a rumour or misinterpret what is written and come here complaining all the time.

I honestly got SICK of replying to these threads.
The information is already EVERYWHERE you look, written in articles or youtube videos.
Even on this forum, but nobody reads them/watches them OR even if they did, they don’t take it in.

Literally have to SPELL it out what we get and what we don’t…

:tired_face:

2 Likes

that happen when you hear a kid that confuse the graphics and design,that have a potato PC and past 15 years play the same thing.

And…?

They did a survey to know how many people have this opinion?

This kind of opinion will ALWAYS exist, even complaining about the new Crash bandcoot model in the Remake.

And again: they could ALWAYS make two campaigns: the reforged and the classic and everyone would be happy, the purists and the new players.

Of course the “purist” excuse is pure meatshield.

1 Like

Sorry but the PRODUCT PAGE literally mentions voices too.

If there is no new voices, they are literally doing a bait-and-switch scam and false advertising.

2 Likes

Yes and they went on stage and publicly told you that they are scaling it back, and not using new voices, along with a polygon article explaining that after feedback they decided to keep the old voices.

What more do you need from them?

They have explained in black and white, what you will and won’t be getting.
You are capable of canceling your pre-order and quote the above argument and I am sure they will happily do it.

What use is there in making this thread?

3 Likes

“And again: they could ALWAYS make two campaigns: the reforged and the classic and everyone would be happy, the purists and the new players.”

Yeah…Yeah…Good idea…It just means they have to make a 2 versions for EVERY.SINGLE.CUTSCENE. in 8 campaings…It’s so easy,u know?

1 Like

Gosh,People are so toxic,even known that they ASKED for these a while ago,and now pretending that didn’t happen at all…

3 Likes

THEY DON’T EXPLAINED BLACK AND WHITE.

For gods sake, look at the product page:

https:// us.shop.battle .net/en-us/ product/warcraft-iii-reforged?p=45350

If you want to buy the game, IT LITERALLY SAYS IN THE PRODUCT PAGE:

“Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Enjoy an epic saga retold with over four hours of reshot cutscenes and updated voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of Azeroth’s key characters”

Right here: UPDATED VOICE-OVERS.

What ‘black and white’ is this that says the product will have something and when you play THERE IS NO SUCH THING?

3 Likes

They CHANGED their mind and they told you that on Blizzcon as Black and White! They have listened the fans,but the fans were a bunch of toxics,just like you

2 versions…?

The classic campaign would be literally nothing changed. Just leting the way it is now. That’s it. They don’t need to make anything.

3 Likes

Did you stop and ask any of your other language speaking friends, that in their language localisation where they using completely new voices?

Hmm?

I don’t know, there totally hasn’t been about 20 threads on the forum discussing this same topic over the past month has there?

Im out guys – he is complaining without researching anything himself.

Have fun!

I literally linked to you the english version!

True - The Web Site was talking about new Multilanguage Voice Overs.
The Russian,German and Chinese,for example,are completely new. English one was cut off because of toxic reaction on new voices

You’re the reason why English didn’t get the new voices - And by you,I mean toxics
And why do you even need new voices by the way?
Your version doesn’t have translation errors (Like Grom “The Bully” or Lord Mannaroh,or Thrall,son of Durator in Russian)
Your Version has great actors and voices
Your version has good voice acting

3 Likes