No campaign overhaul? Are you serious, Blizzard?

I hate to make a whiny thread like this and I’m sure there are countless other threads about the same subject, but I strongly feel this needs to be made clear:

We want a proper campaign overhaul!

I was looking forward to the campaign as like my number two after custom games and the World Editor and I feel like the rug had been swept under my feet. You’re seriously saying you are not making any story changes? No new voice lines? Only Silvermoon and Dalaran getting some new models? Really?

I could almost say I feel angry at you for listening to the purists who don’t want any changes. Why do they even care about the damn campaign, when they could just stay with the Classic campaign, if they hate all the changes so much!

I am very disappointed. This is what we have been waiting for for a whole year?

35 Likes

hey with any luck and enough feed back they could make another campaign that stands next to the original! i think that would be awesome. personally im okay with a little bit for just right now since ive waited since 2008 dreaming of a remake that might not even happen so people would pick up the game again. im really happy it is a real thing now and hoping more time will add more things!

3 Likes

Even the big and main character of Battle of Azeroth like Saurfang is not going to be in reforged such a shame.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/so-we-are-not-going-to-see-saurfang

1 Like

I try to be hopeful, but I feel like this is coming a bit too late. At this point, they don’t have the time to re-record all the voice lines and, you know, make the campaign.

There are campaign changes check my post

very true, but if you enjoy playing the game as it was,
the time will pass by, voice lines will get patched in and then before you know it maybe next blizzcon they will announce or add another campaign, thats what im hoping for anyhow

2 Likes

Well, minor changes here and there is not what we were promised. Without new voice lines, there is really not much they could add. Sure, Dalaran and Silvermoon will probably be cool, but - as entitled as it may make me look like - I don’t think that’s enough.

3 Likes

Honestly though I think the small changes will make the difference.

Graphics + geography changes + some new characters and quests in missions.

Then more features in missions like easter eggs, tricks etc

Like banshee possession now unlocking tech trees in campaign so we can finally get orc dragon roosts etc.

1 Like

False. We were not “promised” anything. Blizzard as a rule does not make promises.

They tell us what they’d LIKE to do, and if they can they will do it. If for whatever reason they can’t, they will NOT do it and tell us why. With as much PR speak as possible.

They’ve only made a promise once in their entire corporate existence and I for the life of me can’t remember what it was about.

Yeah. I do sincerely hope they can still pull this off.

1 Like

It is a bit of a let down but they still are ret conning alot…

Also their will still be an emphasis on jaina and sylvanas but no new missions etc.

Well okay, if we get technical, I guess they didn’t promise, but this is still not what we were made to expect.

1 Like

fair enough, i dont think you sound entitled at all!
i personally only remember being promised a remake but! i didn’t delve into what the developers said to much so i can understand if promises where made and didn’t deliver that can be upsetting, tho we still got some time before release so maybe they are hiding stuff until release which i think is a good thing, to many games now adays give you all the information and ability to play it before its even out. call me old fashion but back then i never found a problem with that business model, i can see how it seems like a bad one now adays being that transparency is a good thing but idk, i loved all the games i got before knowing what they were about back in the day

1 Like

You must be new to anticipating Blizzard titles in the 21st Century then because this is par for the course for them.

Reforged will still be a damn good game and a worthy update to the original. I really don’t see what all the fuss is about.

They absolutely, technically, advertised and marketed a reforged campaign with new cutscenes, voice overs, and story, and even previewed a demo with all of these aforementioned features in BlizzCon where they started preorders. This isn’t merely ‘a promise’. This was actual marketing, actual features written (that are still written) in the store page.

8 Likes

Yea its true, if somebody is b*tching about big changes in campaign, you would have had option to play vanilla campaign.

Fok conservatives, they will not buy reforged anyway. They should stick with vanilla.

5 Likes

I’m afraid it seems so.

This. I have nothing to add.

4 Likes

Then maybe they should stop announcing new games at BlizzCon.

Development happens. Setbacks happen. Feedback happens. Why the hell is this so surprising to you?

The Campaign was the biggest feature of WC 3 Reforged. That’s like releasing a new WoW expansion that is advertised as having 6 zones but then releases with 3 because “setbacks happen.”

Oh, wait, that kind of happened with WoD and look at how that is remembered today.

4 Likes

Fair. But clearly the purist audience for Warcraft 3 is larger than the WoW audience. The purists all seem happy with this.

Hell, I’m not even a purist and I am not bothered by it.

If you want to be outraged over something, pick something a little more important.