Night Elf Archer. Why?

https://imgur.com/a/L0FjEdx

I mean, kinda? This Reforged elf looks much more ornate and decorated though.

A Warcraft thing looking kind of Warhammer-y wouldn’t be too far off-base though. The fantasy genre and media in it tends to lift/borrow/be inspired by a lot of itself. Not to mention that Warcraft 1 even started out as a Warhammer game.

1 Like

THat’s neat and all but Reforged wasn’t supposed to be a re-imagining of Warcraft 3. It’s supposed to be a grounds up graphical update. So what’s the reasoning for not even remotely following the Night Elf Archer’s aesthetic from Warcraft 3?

They’re pandering to someone and it isn’t Warcraft 3 fans.

9 Likes

We straight up don’t know if this is the Night Elf Archer unit or just a character that happens to be an archer. It’s all speculation right now because we have no footage, no name associated with the image, and no official Blizzard statement.

Then they need to wake up and make a statement. To just throw this out to us with 0 context is beyond silly.

4 Likes

This is correct. This is the most we’ve had since November and even then, we can only really mostly confirm (ourselves) that the other two in the image are most likely a Tree of Life (featuring Ganymede from Overwatch), and a Druid of the Talon.

I believe the Druid of the Talon’s eyes are intended to be amber. I hold out hope they at least didnt screw up BOTH models, since Druids can develop Amber Eyes from their connection to natural energies. That said: did anyone else -also- notice they completely changed the original line up of preview characters in the silhouettes? Aside from the Talon, they replaced Talon and Dryad with the very first building a NE starts with, and what appears to be a reskin of the Dark Ranger? Since NEs dont use arcane, the main purple magic in Azeroth. That said, even if this is Shandris, as people think: this is still NOT night elf armor. This is literally as bad as the modern devs and writers making Delaryn a solid Sylvannas rip off in design and story, despite how physically different they are biologically lol.

3 Likes

You know what does this WC3R Archer remember me of?

WoW Assassins/Rogues and our hot babe Valeera

x_https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/336f1335-5782-491c-8aae-eb64c597411b/davrkjy-399c576f-8e28-4350-94a0-506d661c4119.png/v1/fill/w_1363,h_586,q_70,strp/valeera_for_heroes_of_the_storm_by_firstkeeper_davrkjy-pre.jpg

2 Likes

I want people to screenshot this for the future if anyone ever wants to swing at me about thinking Reforged designs are omg100%perfectflawlessnochanges.

If this does wind up as the new Archer design, it’s overall a drastic enough change to be a huge, awkward and mishandled 180 on the design. I’m all for a 1:1 conversion of the Warcraft 3 model. I’m also down for slightly-more-equipped Archers too (something along the lines of https://i.imgur.com/OsKmV4z.jpg - but not as much plate, more leather and fabrics).

But if the hooded character is the new Archer? Naw. Looks too specialized. Kind of reminds me more of some of those unique Warden units in the Reign of Chaos campaign.

2 Likes

Reality is that:

SUMMON BETA BEGIN SOON

July 1 - July 7

1 Like

If it is the campaign warden unit that would make more sense, but even then they rehashed them from javelin/spear throwers to archers.

I don’t think if that is the night elf archer, upper the presentation of the four races are 4 icons with the Footman,Grunt,Ghoul and the elven archer. The footman, ghoul and grunt theyr are looking in real time how looks the carracter ,the archer not. I guess this archer we see there is or a kind of special unit like Shandris was in wa3 classic or a kind of hero idk.

For me it looks epic, i love it! But thats all?! It tooks them 7 months to show us just this?!

What ever they save for blizzcon will not compansate an entire year of sneaking around without any news. That’s all a picture of how night elfs looks after seven months really?!

These archers look like night elf darkrangers from that wow cinmatic that thrall and varok were in it.

#BringBackMySexyHalfNakedOgArcher

1 Like

Those are undead rogues, have nothing with night elfs or archers just bcuz they have a similar hood…

We don’t know if this is the Archer.

She looks more like a Dark Ranger from WoW than a night elf Archer

2 Likes

Those were Undead Forsaken Rogues. Rogue is a class made up solely for WoW. It uses Shadow magic and DrakeDog hoods.

2 Likes

I actually ended up liking the model except the “pointed hood” part. Looks weird to me, I wish it was a simple hood or none at all.

Designs just don’t have that Kaldorei vibe, and I’ve seen lots of Kaldorei designs as someone who’s been around since the days of ROC.

In fact, the golden lining and the delicate through-and-through bow scream Quel’dorei for me.

7 Likes

I agree. I didn’t pre-order either because I’ve been burned too many times. If they’re going to “cover” up and “pg13” certain voice lines because they’re raunchy, I’m done with Blizzard. Eff you and your stupid feminist agenda.

3 Likes

Boy did I miss something while away in the working world. While share my thoughts on this interesting development.

But first off, I am no fan of the elf race to begin with. I respect dem silly Elves of the night, but that where it stops. Pretentious bunch, all of them. Nothing compared to my beloved dwarfs.

Now that is said, I feel that the hooded night elf look badass. However I did prefer their original look. Lastly, seem Blizzard just enjoy not talking to us on anything but patches, we cannot be certain this is the night elf archer, officially.

Could be a model for a elite unit in the campaign? Maybe?

That all I have on this.

1 Like