New engine for true remaster

They just had to update World Editor. Making wc3 work with reforged has clearly made the production and progression difficult and was not really important to most people.

Blizzard always had control over custom maps using THEIR assests . They just updated the EULA to be more clear. Stop whining about it. I’m glad you could refund it to while I continue to play on my original discs

I mean that’s not a remaster. That’s a brand new game by RTS standards.

That basically is just asking for wc4

Reforged already killed Warcraft 3.

A lot of custom maps are broken. Every patch brings new problems. This new campaign killed the old and the new lore of both Warcraft 3 and wow.

Reforged replace and ruin it

I would kinda disagree here and the first thing that comes to my mind is the whole crash bandicoot remasters.

They remastered the first 3 games in one package with new engine and stages (they were added later) and the outcome was great.

Then Activision remastered Crash Team Racing (And added to it Crash Nitro Kart stages) and the outcome was great cause while the general gameplay felt great and similar to the old one, everything else felt completely new. If only it wasnt for these microtransactions Activision

And this is what i expect from a remaster. You keep all the good stuff from the old but still you add a whole new amazing stuff thus keeping happy both old and new players at the same time.

I mean c’mon lets say that wc3 reforged didnt have any any bugs and everything worked perfectly including the 2 hour cutscenes. Would that make it a great game? Imo no, that would make wc3 a great game (cause it is) and wc 3 reforged a mediocre try to bring it back to the world.

Again, by RTS standards.

You cannot just add a new race like you do a stage. That’s completely different. That’s like saying making one melee map is on par with well
making a new race!

If anything, adding a new race would be like adding Mario to Crash Bandicoot, copyright aside. I’m fairly certain the most Bandicoot lets you do is play his sister, who plays almost exactly the same as he does.

Also they couldn’t make a new everything in particular because they also promised backwards compatibility with maps. Having your own custom code language is above and beyond what most games allow, and even without the engine changes maps are already falling into desync issues.

Like I can 100% guarantee to get what you want from a remaster, would make the entire custom map library no longer compatible with wc3. I mean they could just give people wc3 classic for free and make it a separate client too, which would probably make more people happy, but then you’d have that one person (probably way more) saying “I want a refund cause I wanted my custom maps in reforged”

of course, for all we know, just putting classic on battle.net 2.0 caused a mess of issues, and people wouldn’t be happy with the current state of classic regardless. Who knows,

Well i was having a similar discussion with a guy 2 days ago (not sure if it was you) about the problems of adding a new playable race and my most common example of this is Age of Mythology, cause its races functions in unique ways similar to the way they function in Warcraft.

Age of mythology started with 3 races, the titan expansion brought a new one (the atlanteans) and the remaster brought a new one as well (the chinese). So it s not actually that hard especially when warcraft already has things like demons and goblins for ex. The balance is the hard stuff here but i believe they could actually made it if they gave it enough time.

This is basically a Blizzard problem, they wanted to have certain buyers (the old playerbase) that would feel assured that they would lose nothing. Still for that reason they sacrificed the chance of creating something great.

If the initial promise hadnt been made none would have that problem.
Again imo when you decide to move on you have to sacrifice something, otherwise you simply get stuck in the past

That’s an expansion, not a remaster

TFT added several new units, a new hero for each race, and improved the JASS engine so much that 90% of maps can’t be run in ROC anymore. So wc3 did it too, but they did it in an expansion . Typically when those are done, they still have the team that worked on the first game.

Honestly I think if you said custom maps were going away, most people would’ve just said “we’re good then, come back to us when you’re making wc4”

I know I wouldn’t have bought the game without custom maps. That’s why I play this game, not the campaign or the melee.

And you can say “stuck in the past”, but i’ve been playing a variety of wintermauls and green circle defenses for 3 weeks straight. I’m pretty sure they’re just fun games. And I still haven’t dipped into DBZ tribute yet.

And i’d love to move forward but none of the maps i’ve played were ever remade properly in SCII, so chances are they would just be lost to time if the custom map engine was trashed.

It’s clear that they’re not willing to devote a large budget on a 17 year old game to do it justice. Why bother?

ActiBlizzard couldn’t be arsed to reforge the game in-house (no offense to Lemon Sky). They’re not going to create a new engine just for W3R.

So if there will be no new engine please Blizzard don’t waste my time.Better will be instead of hiring thousand developers donate modders from Armies of Azeroth ,give them budget let them create warcraft remake.

I did ,
had hopes on Reforged but ended uninstalling and refunding
back to Dota 2

they banned armies of azeroth to sell reforged to us
I hope you enjoy it

Now that’s better.

This is exactly what I’ve argued in another post on another day. Why not using the SC2 engine and creating models in that engine? It was reported that the 2018 trailor was made with SC2 engine.

Aren’t they dead anyway? Blizzard has shamelessly called dibs on all W3 custom maps. Whatever you make with the editor, it becomes their property. And no 3rd party model is allowed. That alone should’ve killed all custom maps.

1 Like

Except you re wrong. No remaster was ever made with just better graphics and no new content

It already isn’t.

It already has.

SC remastered. Look, if you want smth new
 ask them for WC4.

I want something old featuring new things. Thats all.
If what you re asking for, is what the community actually wanted then there s no reason for this whole discussion about wc 3 being bad in first place.

What Blizzard did here is:

• Use the same engine so that the old material (custom maps etc) isnt lost
  • Combine old with the new server so that the old playerbase can play with the guys owning the new version + using their custom maps

Now yes, reforged was released in a sad state, full of bugs but these will eventually get fixed and as for the cutscenes, i doubt they re gonna be the decisive factor of whether or not the game would be a success.

So if thats what you re asking for, Reforged is the perfect game for you.

Problem is i didnt like to consider reforged just a 30gb update but as a new game featuring wc 3 while adding new things to it while at the same time leaving wc ft alone for those who wanted to keep messing with it. And this is basically my greatest problem with the game.

Still if the community asked for what you re asking for then the games gonna be great after a while when the bugs get fixed.

1 Like

I get what you want but

I haven’t asked for anything nor I will as Blizzard don’t give a [edited] what we ask for since Activision took over them. Wasting time. Learned that from SC & SC2. I can either be somehow happy to have this and enjoy while playing it or join the majority, refund and wait for a miracle.

1 Like