New engine for true remaster

W3 deserves true remaster .I can wait 5 more years just want to be the game superior .We need new engine with everything to be better.I can accept if the game will look like Armies of Azeroth. :muscle:

25 Likes

It wouldn’t be Warcraft 3 anymore. The gameplay is intimately tied to the engine. It would also kill 18 years of custom maps.

12 Likes

People will create new maps in new engine.Need superior game.

14 Likes

How nice of you to want to destroy 18 years of work. Many people worked for years on their maps.

4 Likes

I don’t want to destroy anything I want true remaster if you want to play custom maps stay to the old wc3.

12 Likes

Only source 2 engine I want <3

2 Likes

warcraft is not the same anymore anyway
even gold mining pace increased af
custom maps are dead anyway and it doesnt make sense to create new ones cause they all belong to blizzard

2 Likes

lets hope those fans end that ue4 alternate Warcraft versions
cause blizzard doesn’t support custom map making and removes creator rights and ownership anyway

I hate the new comic-like graphics

No one likes the way Wc3 refurbished turned out. Most old custom maps are dead/broken and hardly updated. actiblizz already destroyed all the 18 years of work by oppressing map makers with their greedy TOS/EULA. I’ve been playing since 2003 and I’d like a new engine and real Remaster. cyber dbg already got his sad wish and no one cares what he wants, a cheap $ grab

What exactly would a whole new engine bring? That’s something that will come with Warcraft 4.

If actiblizz makes the engine I’m not sure what it would bring (not sure they’re capable of making anything good), what makes you think there will be a Wc4?

Mainly just hope.

netease would never allow it. they make a killing off of custom games. thats the reason why the old engine is still here .

You didn’t even try to play did you…

lol i tried beta from beginning until 1 day before Release
graphics made me uninstall it
-dota 1 reforged still looks worse than dota 2 (damn it blizzard its 2020)
-no custom maps (creators got raped with eula )
-nothing but replaced models
-terrain loooks the same
-no shadows or effects
-no ladder
-no new campaign or improved cutscenes like the ones in sc2
-terrible performance even with gtx 1080 and ryzen 1700
-80% of games someone leaves the game
and so much more

im glad i could refund it

1 Like

If you want a new engine go and ask them to start working on WC4. Also, good luck.

Why are you going to Wc3 to play dota? Just play Dota 2.

I’m not even sure if all-stars is updated anymore.

Also yeah a essentially refurbished 2002 graphics engine isn’t going to beat a what…2015 graphics engine?

Play wintermaul or something. You know, an experience that literally doesn’t exist anywhere else.

Imagine having no idea how engines work or what they are and telling someone else it can’t be done.

Half of the people here are complaining cause they didnt left warcraft 3 alone the way it was and added it within the new server. But you re complaining cause they re gonna destroy the maps?

My personal belief is that they wouldnt unite the games together if the game had a new engine and therefore players would be able to enjoy both versions.

I mean this is what remasters are all about - New graphics, new races, new everything. You lose something of the past to gain something new.

1 Like