Need advice for mission #8 of first Undead campaing

I play on normal and I pretty much breezed trough the whole mission until the last wave when enemy sends 20+ gryphons like 30 knights and many other units at once directly at KelThuzad. Those units dont change agro no matter how I attack them and go straight up for him.

I sent all my units to atleast body block the ground assault but to no avail.

Any advice on how to beat this?

1 Like

Since when are destroyers in RoC?

errr… I never actually played campaign for a long time, but went on rather what units countered what lol. Wait, Necroes aren’t even in there are they?

If there are Necroes in it, mass 5 of them and research cripple. You can cripple their Knights and raise dead for reinforcements.

Have a few towers near the entrances; it makes the body block easier.
Use CF for bringing down the gryphs hopefully near the towers. This is the fastest advice I could come up with xD

Just mass towers and keep building them - it’s easy and then I went mass Frosties. Did this one hard with no difficulty.

2 Likes

There is a discussion on this already created (link below). I struggled badly with this mission as well, but was able to finally win with a weird strategy i copied from someone who posted in the other forum. I described my experience in greater detail and highly recommend it.

I failed miserably with the massing towers and frosties strategy, but maybe this “last wave bug” wasn’t in the game at the time they played. There’s been a few rebalancing issues that have been resolved in the campaign at different times, so hopefully this one of them. Some bugs pop up and disappear between patches, so not everyones advice of “just do this, and it’s easy” will work.

Stay on No Upkeep and just spam towers.

Works for most hold-out missions.

Here is how I did this:

First of all go take gold mine on the right side of the map.
10 acolytes mining gold (double gold mine)
3 acolytes build ziggurats (one on west side, one on north side, one on east side)
6 ghouls gathering wood (or even more I dont remember how many I got)

Supply:
10+3+6(x2) = 25 supply
25+5(arthas) = 30 supply

Dont remember if Kelthuzad is counted or not.

The key to this mission is not to get over 50 supply cap so u got 100% gold income, also u need many ghouls to wood because u will be wood starved.

And you just build towers on every side. Start by building 4 ziggurats on every side and start upgrading them. Just dont overextend and build 8 at once because u need to protect every side.

Use infernals to patrol ahead of towers so they block tanks, and fight melee enemy units.

U can heal infernals with Arthas, additional fel hunters can be used same as infernals with patrol tactics but I like to add them to Arthas group and fight the dangerous waves.

U dont need to make units, upgrades at all in this mission. Dont remember exactly bu u can add some fiends with web if u really scared of gryphons, just try not to break 50 supply cap and you will be fine.

What else can help u? goblin land mines for early waves might be useful, but not really that necessary. Also repair spirit towers with builder acolytes after each fight so they dont get aggro from enemy units.

This mission always felt for me like tower defense map and it was always easy for me when played this way.

why defend when you can attack?
32:18

1 Like