Under a burning sky Bug?

Campaign: Undead
Mission: Under a burning sky
Difficulty: Hard

I have played this mission 3 times and each time I was completely destroyed in the last minutes. It is possible to complete this mission.

GESCHAFFT XD

No big, is just hard to defends as hundead. The best defence is offence.

At least the gray city you have to wipe it out. So you can focus on def from the blue city (griffon rider) and the light teal one (machine and siege unit).

The best strategy is to limit the number of base because in the end they send ALL the unit to Kel’thuzad so few base they have, few unit can trow. In normal you can try to destroy 2 or even all the bases. In difficult only one I suggest.

It cost me a couple of attempts but in the end I was able to defend creating 3 main bases on each side of Keltuzad, and surrounding them with ziggurats, then I only took care of them, in the end they attack all at once and destroy them but they are second valuable to win, and when attacking the air units had several ants defending Keltuzad, with that endurance.

1 Like

“Difficulty: difficult” I mean, that’s… your answer. Just spam ziggurats and stay close to Kel thuzad, coil on him and save a couple minutes before just to retry if things go wrong. For one time the campaign is challenging on the maximum difficulty, let’s be happy.

This was actually the only “harder” campaign mission…

• Put your shades in places where you can see enemies coming
  • Get crypt fiend’s web upgrade
  • Build multiple black citadels
  • Don’t build any unit besides frost wyrms, upgrade their atk+armor
  • Use core hounds to Mana drain mage hero+healers asap, don’t let these units die as they don’t use food
  • Final push comes at about 1 minute. Move all your units to KT and hold. Coil him when he takes damage

I defended like this:
Forget the Zigurats, use it only in the main and 4 in the expansion, defend with units.

Only build Abomination and Crypt Fiends with Web, so get rid of your workers and max on those. The final push will hit hard so you must block the front and the right side ramps, forget your main base, don’t let Arthas die to don’t lose the Coil on Kel Thuzad and you should be fine surviving 60 seconds.

It was the hardest mission in the original game, so probably not a bug.

I also failed very badly at my first few attempts at this mission on hard (particularly at the very last mega-wave). No matter what strat i tried before, I always ended up losing within 15-30 seconds remaining in the countdown. It was super frustrating, but after reading a recommendation in this post, I was able to beat the mission. So i recommend the same!

So I tried out Gous’s strategy of building a main base at each of the entry ramps. It sounds like a weird strategy, but it worked like a charm. I upgraded them to black citadels, and also surrounding them with upgraded zigs. And when i say i surrounded with zigs, i mean NON-STOP tower building. I found that with this strategy, only the top ramp and the east ramp were needed for this defense (I started a mediocre setup on the left ramp too, but 99% of the army didn’t even enter there). And to add to his strategy, I also massed frosties, and frosties only. I sold all other unit producing buildings for their resources, and then i fully teched the frosties as well. With this strategy, I was able to win on my first try.

On a side note, I also had a problem with relentless gryphon waves attacking my expo on my first attempts of this mission, but i found that by building the upgraded base & zigs at the foot of the ramp at the east, it always pulled the attackers towards the main base and away from my expo. It literally wasn’t attacked once all game, and this was a huge relief since I was getting wrecked by them in all my other attempts.

So this strategy is highly recommend for all of those who are struggling!

PPtickle’s strategy works incredibly well. I have failed about 8 times and succeeded with only 1 try of this strategy.