Moderation - General Discussion

Hi Moderators,

Could we have some general chat moderation on this forum?
Over the past two months and especially around the time of Blizzcon, we are seeing a lot of repeat threads on this forum all generally discussing the same handful of topics.
And it has made navigating and finding an actual discussion on this forum pretty much impossible over the last month or two.
It got to the point that a lot of us were/are repeating ourself in different threads and I have even found myself quoting the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines, to try to ask others to condense things covering the same topics into less threads.

Today’s thread is just one example of the many different topics that are covered on this forum.
(Apologies to Netbattler to using his thread as an example).

But many of these threads are literally SPAMMING repeats daily that have already been heavily covered in other threads.
And if the posters had taken the time to read said previous threads (which would be easier if the duplicates were being taken down), then I believe we would not be seeing as many repeats.

If I see one more thread discussing how the Beta looks different to the Demo at Blizzcon 2018… :unamused:

Is this not exhausting for anyone else that is using this forum?

See:

I am not asking for bans to be handed out, nor do I mean to call out anybody.
I simply wish to raise it to attention that this needs to be more thoroughly moderated for the sake of the handful of great discussion threads that we have actually had in the past few months.

I am simply concerned they are being lost through the mountains of repeat threads on this forum…

9 Likes

Why did this make me laugh as hard as it did :upside_down_face:
But yeah, whole heartedly agree but doubt we’ll see much in the way of increased moderation.

Some stickies on common issues would also be very usefull. For example beta roll out, custom keybindings, 2.51 error (now resolved) have all had a large number of threads from people having the same problems.

They should really have had an official response stickied.

5 Likes

discussing moderation is against the rules.

1 Like

Moderating people’s feedback defeats the purpose of having a beta test, especially when a lot of the repeat threads have not been addressed or patched for months.

If I see one more thread discussing how the Beta looks different to the Demo at Blizzcon 2018 …:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/u/Myhria-11201/activity/replies

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/u/Souichirou-11305/activity/replies

^ 90% of it is coming from the same 2 people.

1 Like

You are in general discussion so maybe is a bit strange to ask moderation here. I will support your idea if this is happening in The “beta general discussion” but this is simply the general discussion Channel.

If we follow your idea this channel have only 10 Topic open and a lot of comment (500+) on that and nothing more. Will be a mess.

I agree wholeheartedly! As a newcomer to these forums, digging through pages of repeats and garbage posts having nothing to do with the beta, my impression is that Blizzard doesn’t really read or care about these forums.

I’ve seen one developer (correction, two) active on the forums since I got here and that’s it, not a very good look.

You sound like the type of kid to remind the teacher we had homwork due.

Mate you use the forum just as often as I do.

Telling me scrolling through 5-10 topics based on the same subject for 2-3 months straight now is not even slightly bothering you?
Despite the fact the forum is supposed to have guidelines and a code of conduct which supports this post.

I am simply making a thread to COMPLAIN that this forum is not being moderated.

Would like us to be able to go back to having one thread with 100’s of replies rather than 15 threads with 5 replies each.
And repeating them day after day.

(If anyone takes the time to find a thread like this, you will notice there is a button “Summarize this topic”. Which allows you to get the jist of a 300 post thread without having to read all of it). Pretty handy

It makes finding another topic to get involved in quite frankly impossible.

1 Like

Funny how you’re only targeting threads critical about the graphics while there are racist and sexist threads here that get a pass. Makes me question your priority.

This is why i made this thread, and i specifically said do not open new topics , also moderator to merge them into one.

2 Likes

Simply looked at the forum and found the same threads in new wording once again.
Is it my fault that people want to come on here and complain about the same things over and over?

I am simply asking them to stop making new threads and try to keep it to a few threads so there are some other damn topics people can read around here other than:

OMGAWWWD 2018 DEMO!!!

Literally it’s every day the same topic posted about 5x.

I would have thought if anything this benefits every single person on this forum.
Regardless of what you are posting.

Before you make a thread: check if someone else already made one on the subject.

Is it really so hard to do?

2 Likes

Directly from this forum’s Code of Conduct:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Sexual Orientation

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players

• Be temporarily banned from the forums
  • Be given a final warning, after which any further Code of Conduct violations may result in a permanent ban from the forums

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

Yet all of these currently exist in dozens if not hundreds of threads/posts on this forum. There does not seem to be any interest/attempts at moderation here.

shut up you damn beta snowflakes

I can’t see how asking for stickies on widespread issues has anything to do with mating behaviour in pack animals. Human society is rather more complex, your use of the term ‘beta’ in this context would suggest you’re unable to understand that complexity. That must be frustrating, probably why you’re sounding angry and lashing out at people.

Snowflake? Again, I can’t see what asking for stickies so I don’t have to make the same posts in multiple threads to help people having the same issues as I have has anything to do with me thinking I’m special or unique.

2 Likes

Have a lot of topics saying about: “Today will have update?” “Where is my beta?” “I can’ acess the beta” “When will release?” “Refund”
But this guys from the small group of Purists are CHASING ONLY WHO say feedbacks about improviments to the game and graphics. People here are giving their time to try give some suggestions and opinions! understand that, Purists!
Those radical people of purists don’t accept no one with different opinion, they just start to flamming/spamming contrary ideas about who want better graphics! Those Purists try everything to make the game looks old and strange! Them want the game only for the Purists be fun. Just look how this guys act on fake accounts only to chase who wants better graphics! Look at this guy with only ONE post! Only to harass me! This is so sad. This guy are from the Purists group!

x_Profile - ForTheRodina-2276 - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums

And have more others posts of purists being trolls and harassing who wants more improviments on gameplay,graphics and artstyle!

x_Profile - Riptor-1789 - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums

x_Profile - Carnifex-2716 - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums

This guys are being offensive with us from the community!
There have a OFFENSIVE IMAGE just to them make the community be sad! Them need be respectful with people! And get some education too!

Look to this offensive quotes of this people from the group of Purists are saying about things WITH NO RESPECT. This are so bad those people requesting to “spam” and them are posting offensive images with disrespectful comments!

1 Like