[Main Thread] Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023)

Because it’s not that simple. Including the PTR, there’s been four builds. All together, they contained tons of changes. Reverting back to the PTR version because of one issue, which doesn’t even affect everybody, isn’t going to happen.

I noticed that a lot of people with this problem have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

Hi! We have performed a full lobby game in the PTS with my discord. We have determined that it is BETTER than live, but not as good as it was before 1.36. So whatever changes are currently in the PTS, its probably in the good direction.

I have also spoken to other map makers, i have some ideas of what could be causing it. Is it possible to have a pm with the dev working right now?

I’m Lordsebas#0809 on discord.

Thank you for your hard work, lets hope for a good resolution. My community is available for further test if needed.

WCIII DXDIAG - Pastebin.com

Update: A potential fix has been pushed to the PTR, Anyone able to test go ahead and do so, then report back here with your results. Thanks everyone for your patience while we continue investigating this!

6 Likes

We did a full 16 man lobby with large 8v8 fights with 200+ pop and it seems like the fix worked. Fps seemed pretty similar to how it was before!

3 Likes

Thanks for the response!
I reached out to some members of our community this morning, and all responses have been positive.

Yes fps case is fine on the PTR

It got way better with the PTR. I still have some stutters (<100 fps) here and there but generally it is way more playable on the PTR.

Thanks for updating us all!

performance on the PTR is similar to the previous PTR version, so it seems like it does address the issue.

You’ve earned some goodwill points acknowledging this, don’t rest on your laurels but thank you for bringing attention to this issue :slight_smile:

So i tested the Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023) and compared it to the PTR 24th of May 2023

Here is the result of my experience:

I noticed 70- 100 FPS (Frames per Second) Diffrence during my game

So there was a fix now it works way better :smiley:

1 Like

Can you stop saying “remove the patch?” it’s not as simple as you think it is, it will be a lot easier to simply deploy the fix when it is ready. It’s not trivial creating builds for software like this and not a simple matter of pressing CTRL-Z.

Have a little patience, the signs point to this fix being valid.

As much as i understand your sentiment, hopefully blizzard does more testing in the future before releasing a patch that makes a 21 year old game lag on modern systems…

The impact greatly depends on your system, in particular in this case, it seems to be a memory leak, so the more RAM you have, likely the less the impact. Since a development studio typically posesses hardware that is more capable than that of most end users, they may have understandably not noticed the issue. Also, remember that the last PTR before the patch release was fine. This issue began with one of the hotfixes. Hotfixes by their nature are updates done quickly to address critical issues and probably didn’t get sufficient internal testing time for anyone there to discover it.

These things happen, and not just to this game. If you worked in game dev, I think you’d have a better understanding.

stable 300 FPS before now 50-150 and very shaky
On PTR: 300FPS

-20 fps in ptr

Compared to version 1.35, PTR has decreased by 20 fps