Main Thread - Error handling request

I try to describe. In the battleNet tool, on the right side as drop down below your ID you find show account. Clicking here opens a web page called account overview. enter your Codes here as for new games.

I call it battleNet Tool. It is the program, asking for you login and then showing your purchase and so on…

2 Likes

My keys have been linked for years. I just tried to re-enter them and it they are already linked to my account. I have ran the fixer, I have uninstalled, I have came at this all the ways I can think of.

2 Likes

Fantastic… “the code has already been claimed”

now either i claimed it on another account i dont remember, some other kind of error happened, or it has been swiped by someone somehow

which makes no bloody sense as i was able to play wc3 fine til this thing updated, obviously i had the code otherwise how was i able to play?

4 Likes

i have the same issue .

Error “There Was An Error In Handling The Request”

Updated: 6 hours ago

Article ID: 199184

Relevant Products:

Common Problems

Can’t play Warcraft III, I receive this error

(This error occurs when launching the Beta client. The Beta is now over.)<

So is this the Problem? How do I switch off the beta? Its not in the sever list Like it would be…its not in Options…

Hey there friends,

Hate to see people having trouble like this. If Beta is installed, it should be a drop down above the play button. If you uninstall it, you should not have the option to reinstall the beta.

As for the fix of making sure your keys are added. These can be added on the main page of your battle.net account.

If still having problems locating or claiming your keys, please reach out to support with the CD keys you have added to the contact.

Last, I would want to fully delete/uninstall the game and the Blizzard app.
Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.

I hope this helps.

/Nathardrick

Regardless of the above comments, I am still getting errors. I NEVER played the Beta. I don’t have it downloaded. Problems lead to MORE problems.

I just wanted to play a game of Tft but I was forced to upgrade to reforged and now I can’t log in. It keeps saying that there was an error handling request.

4 Likes

Same error here.

Same exact issue, after upgrading I tried to log in and it says “there is an error handling your request”

2 Likes

“dear” blizz, you have upgraded my WC3 to “reforged” , that i dont need,i didnt ask for, i didnt gave any permisson! more then that - now that crap doesnt allow to log in with ERROR HANDLING REQUEST !!!

8 Likes

I tried all of this just now…Still getting “Error handling request”. Next?

1 Like

reforged status is active, trying to enter the key - already been claimed. these keys are 16 yo, maybe i claimed them on my old inactive wow account many years ago, i dont remember, but i’ve been playing with these keys on bnet(bless you) for years!!

4 Likes

My keys are 100% linked to the Only account I have. I did all the BS like the mod suggested, I don’t like that I just get locked out of a game I’v been playing
just fine for years.

2 Likes

Hey again,

I was not very clear on the “what comes next” part of these steps. I apologize. If the steps I gave fail, contacting our support team directly is best.

This error is caused by the app and game not seeing that you actually own it for some reason. If you did the steps, then we need to double check things are right on our side.

Please when you do contact us, include the keys or the order for the keys on the account.

/Nathardrick

should i enter the keys to play classic graphic only?
i cant enter the keys, i think they are on my old wow acc.

I have put a tix in to confirm my keys. I guess its all I can do at this point. Thanks for the help so far. I have the case in front of me looking at the keys in real time…I hope I own them lol…like i’v been playing this game for years with np and now it’s all just stupid.

1 Like

wrote a ticket

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/105811

log in your account, —> account overview —> Redeem a code ed insert cd key Roc and Tft. and start game^^

Same problem here. Roc/TFT Keys are alrdy claimed (which is correct cuz I linked them some years ago). Removed battle net app, all temp/program data/appdata etc files, rebooted, reinstalled, still not working. Standard TFT user. I guess Blizz will receive a lot of tickets.

4 Likes