After upgrading to 1.31.0, I receive the following error when trying to launch the game:
Warcraft III Error: Unable to initialize graphics. Please ensure your operating system and display drivers are up to date.
As I understand it, driver updates would be provided by Apple in OSX updates through the App Store. I don’t see any available driver updates for my card. Prior to the 1.31.0 upgrade, the game ran perfectly for me.
- Machine: iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
- OS: macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
- Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
- I was initially on 10.11 (El Capitan) when I received this message. I upgraded to 10.12 (Sierra), tried launching the game and got the same error, and then upgraded to 10.13 (High Sierra) and I’m getting the same error. I’m unable to upgrade to Mojave on this machine (not eligible).
- Tried clicking ‘Repair’ and then re-launching.
- Tried uninstalling Warcraft III and re-installing
- Tried uninstalling Battle.Net launcher and re-installing
- Tried restarting my machine
I saw in the 1.31.0 patch notes that 32 bit support was dropped for Mac, but I don’t believe this should affect me as my processor (core i5) should support 64-bit.