War3 doesnt work anymore on mac after update

Hello

i cant starte the game on my imac after the new update. has somebody else this problems ?

4 Likes

I am having this same issue. See Mac: unable to launch game after upgrade to 1.31.0 — I left my system information and troubleshooting notes there. Hoping for a response from Blizz soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I can’t get into any custom games. Just crashes on load. Also crashes using keyboard shortcut to switch from full screen to windowed. This update completely broke the game for me…

2 Likes

Blizzard wrote me that macs that cant run Mojave wont be able to run wc3 anymore… so any macs dated before 2012 basically. What a load of BS its a game from 2003 what was the point of that patch?

3 Likes

I’m have the same problem and I try to fix it.
Now wc3 use metal on macOS by default, to run game on olden mac need to set run flag

-graphicsapi OpenGL

To automate this process I write simple shell script, you can download it by link yadi.sk/d/jBm6XRcINtnqiQ
Simple unpack zip archive and run app inside this.
NOTE: before run you need to instal wc3 from blizzard app launcher.

7 Likes

OMG KORaGA I LOVE YOU !!! It works !!! Your are better than the hole blizzard and apple company .

Really thank you !

3 Likes

You are insanely awesome. Now if only I can open the map editor.

1 Like

hmm – prior to using this script the game would always crash when I would minimize the window. This script worked for fixing that problem for me one time, then after I quit and restarted the game, the game can no longer restart at all when I try to start it without the script, and when I start it with the script the audio drivers work but the game doesn’t load at all (when I full screen mode it it’s just black screen, and if I don’t fullscreen mode it nothing happens). Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

2 Likes

i have the same problem :confused:

did you ever figure out? Sometimes it spontaneously works for me (maybe 1 in 10 open attempts…though never if i do it in repeat succession, just when I try hours or days later), most times still not though. Would love to figure out real solution!!

1 Like

(to clarify when it works, I open it from launcher as I would normally, not by using the script)

2 Likes

blizzard support helps me. i had to update windows10 newest vers

1 Like

https://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/do-you-want-to-play-a-game-i-cant-why-not-i-got-a-mac.jpg

2 Likes

First of all thank you so much for this!

Do you know why the custom hotkeys wont work anymore now?

1 Like

Do custom hotkeys work for you guys after using the script by Koraga?

2 Likes

Koraga is a neutral hero, put him in tavern as a human paladin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

Hey, when I click on the WC3 automator icon nothing happens. Know a fix?

Я на винде 10 64бит. После обновления игра не запускается, чёрный экран и курсор альянсовский. Больше ничего нет. До обновления все кое как коряво но работало…