Low fps after patch 1.36

Because it’s directly related to the argument of whether or not certain frame rates are unplayable or not. That connection shouldn’t be hard to make.

That’s not the only problem discussed in the thread.

Additionally, lag spikes are rarely tied to frame rates. Anything that bogs the game down has to catch up before it can render the frame. That gives the illusion of the frame rates dropping.

Actually they do. Becuase actual motion blur is the persistence of vision effect caused by the limitations of your biology and chemistry. If I draw a picture of a motion blur are my eyes experiencing motion blur? No, they’re just looking at a picture of what motion blur looks like. And your computer is just drawing lots of pictures really fast. computer effects blurring an image are not the same thing as actual blurs caused by fast motion in real life.

No, Captain. The cognitive perception doesn’t care. End of story, as dictated by innumerable people who dedicate their adult lives to to the field.

I think one of the greatest contributors to your reputation around here is your know it all presentation, regardless of the subject being discussed. You’re good at keeping a logical head, but you can’t seem to allow anyone to know more than you about anything. It’s as if it’s a sort of veiled sore loser attitude, or something alnog those lines.

It’s really a discredit to your level headed approach when you try to argue with me, a neurophysiologist, about how the visual system functions. Some modesty would suit you especially when you have no idea of the backgrounds of the people you’re talking to.

I came into this thread to help support your position with some physiology on the perception of frame rates, and what do you do? You debate the support. That screams peacocking. That screams one upping.

I’ll just add the physiology and overall biology of the human visual system to the pile of topics that CaptianJack knows everything about.

So, I did a test between 1.35 and 1.36 and I was getting 280 FPS in 1.35 and 200 in 1.36 (retail), the issue does not seem to occur in PTR (version 1.36.0.20214) only in retail (version 1.36.0.20218) , which means it happened from a last minute change, as there were only 4 builds between PTR and release.

2 Likes

It could have been one of the hotfixes then.

need hotfix

2 Likes

It was very literally the patch that pushed it to live, the last PTR before live was 1.36.0.20214, when it went live (and temporarily reverted the half-fix to Naga and other animated models), it came out with the version 1.36.0.20218, which means that if the only thing was reverting the animated model stuff, then something happened when they did that which affected FPS (although unlikely this is the cause), if there were other under the hood changes then that might also be a culprit of it.

I have a feeling it is related to AMD CPUs.

Got the same issue on my setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Got AMD Ryzen 7, maybe you are right…

hm. AM5 Ryzen 9 7800X
Radeon RX 6600 (carry over from last PC)

The PTR of this version doesn’t have the lag issues…
As some people have said, all of this was done by a last minute change.

I tried to play today, and looks like they fixed it ? can someone confirm that also ? i got my 220 fps stable back, but I dunno if its random luck just for me or if a hotfix been done…

Chanji - What version are you running (include patch version)?
1.36.0.20218 still had issues yesterday.
Yesterday, PTR had 1.36.0.20219 but couldn’t get a game to test if it was any better

You can use single player custom games as long as it’s not something network realted.

No luck for me. Still low fps.
Problem can be reproduced in ‘Single Player’ > ‘Custom Games’ vs Computer for me.
Also obvious when watching replays - speeding up replay to 4x give me 5-10 fps

Patch: 1.36.0.20218
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

patch 1.36.0.20231, the problem is still not solved, i have mouse lag and huge fps drop

new update stole some fps as well, last time in 2 days they pushed a new patch and it fixed my previous fps issue, but now its all over again

Newest hostfix (1.36.0.20231) does not resolve issue for me either.

Warcraft III: Reforged Hotfixes – Updated May 17 - General Discussion - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)

Exactly the same! my fps were fine and suddenly today it start to be low again …

Same for me Mate. Yesterday it was fine and the day before yesterday. Today as awful as last week. I think I have noticed something intersting:

I have noticed that the FPS drops only or mainly taking place when the screen is located on the main building once you are going from the main the FPS are as high as usual, but as we all switch very often to the main something seems to be wrong over there. Can somebody else confirm that?