Low fps after patch 1.36

This is a critical issue that should of been fixed promptly. Here we are months later still facing FPS issues.
@blizzard please do not continue to ignore this issue.

1 Like

it’s not being ignored, performance is better on the current PTR version, at least for some.

no patch no justice

System:
Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX7600
Kingston Fury DDR4 - 16gb (3200)
SSD: Goodram (PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe 3D NAND TLC)

FPS from 40 to 200.
Permanent drops from 150 to 70, 120 to 50, 150 to 20 etc.
CPU/GPU at the same time loaded at 45%±.
If you turn on vsync, the fps will still drop to 40 constantly. CPU/GPU usage is about 35%.

Much more required games work perfectly well on ultra and 60 stable fps. WC3 - no smooth gameplay, only frame drops. This is clearly a matter of the game itself and optimization.
If it helps anyone, in windowed mode things are a little better, but not much.

Great player support, Blizzard, I will buy every game you make.

What do you expect from half baked visuals for a remaster that isn’t even appropriate for an RTS.

I heard AMD stuff isn’t well covered for the game, but its not like Nvidia people haven’t run into issues. cuz they have.

1 Like

There are no special issues with AMD hardware. Non AMD users are also eaxperiencing lower performance. Some people saw a pattern of people on AMD systems complaining, that doesn’t mean there’s something special about AMD or how the game interacts with their hardware. AMD tends to be the budget option (though it doesn’t have to be) and if you’re on budget hardware you’re a lot more likely to see the difference on screen.

2 Likes

amd question,
If it’s not an AMD issue, it’s a Blizzard version issue,

Low fps in WarCraft III: Reforged - Technical Support - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)

I seem to have found a partner who can fight together,

Many of my friends are speaking in Technical Support, but someone is obstructing me. They do not acknowledge the AMD issue or the version issue. You must know who I am referring to。

Low fps in WarCraft III: Reforged - Technical Support - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)

Correct it, this issue has been ongoing since 1.33, not 5 months ago
FPS Drop Since 1.33 - General Discussion - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)

They don’t acknowledge the AMD issue because it doesn’t exist. They do, however, and repeatedly have, mind you, acknowledge the “version issue.” Your continued misrepresentation of this fact could be seen as a personal attack towards “that person,” because it is obvious whom you’re referring to and you are libeling them (which means, “spreading false information about someone”).

As stated repeatedly probably dozens of times at this point, there is a performance issue in the current version of the game, but that it is not an “AMD issue” because it is provably NOT AMD specific. Intel users have also complained, no matter how much you seem to want to deny it. The performance isssue people are experiencing is a problem with the game and the game alone. It is not at all tied to the CPUs in use and no one here has been able to prove any differences in the hardware that are the direct cause of this problem (in which case it wouldn’t be a bug in the game at all and there would be no “version issue.”).

Also, disputing your factually inaccurate statements is in no way “obstructing you.” Make factually accurate statements, and no one will be around to dispute you.

blizzard need patch

Good thing a patch is already in testing then

I said it lot of times, there is a issue with AMD!
Why my older Intel works way more better than newer AMD Lenovo 6800H?
Same game, same internet, less Ram on Intel… still old Intel works way better than Amd!

you can say it as many times as you like, you’re still wrong!
Intel users have issues too, it is not exclusive to AMD, there is nothing wrong with AMD hardware.

how new the machine is is mostly irrelevant. I can build a top of the line intel machine with the fastest CPU they sell and then buy a bargain bin AMD based laoptop with the cheapest CPU they offer. Of course the Intel machine will win- the only thing we learned here is that cheaper hardware often (though not always) performs worse than more expensive hardware.

For a very long time PC makers put low end AMD chips in their budget models since their cheapest CPUs were cheaper than Intel’s for similar performance. But now AMD offers CPUs that compete well with Intel’s offerings. The point is, you can’t just say your AMD PC performs worse therefore there is a “problem” with AMD products. Yeah, in your case, the problem is you compared a budget CPU to a more expensive one.The issue at hand is a bug in the game, not simply whose CPU is faster.

TL;DR:

None of this has anything to do with the game at all! All that matters for the purpose of this discussion is whether the performance has changed with patches to the game, which it has, for ALL users, not just AMD users. How fast they go means nothing- what matters is whether they are running the game slower now than they did in Warcraft III Reforged Patch 1.35 (or earlier)! And guess whose performance has decreased: Lots of people, if not all, regardless of CPU brand!

By continuing to falsely say that there is only a problem with AMD systems you are distracting the devs from the real issue which is with the game itself and not any particular CPUs.

You flaming me now:
Ryzen 6800H is not at all a budget Cpu! There is >5 years between intel and Amd one. Cpu benchmark shows clearly that Amd should be +20% better.
Plus I’ve got 32GB on AMD vs. 16GB RAM on Intel.

Again flaming, I am not falsely say anything!
Just shared my experience: that my older Intel is way better, but there are many many more users like me who say now similar things!

It’s not flaming, it’s facts.

If this was only a hardware related issue, it wouldn’t have suddenly started happening after a patch to the game. If it was only an AMD hardware related issue, there wouldn’t be users on Intel chips complaining of the exact same issues.

This only illustrates that the issue is with the game, not the CPU, since it runs fine on the benchmark.

1 Like

I support you. The new version cannot run AMD 100%, so it’s an AMD issue. Don’t buy an AMD CPU

1 Like

1.36 definitely has a framerate issue. I had no problems with 1.35, in fact 1.35 was better than 1.32, but now we’re back to 1.32 levels.

1 Like

False. It’s not an AMD issue and people should definitely buy AMD CPUs. Just, the good ones not the cheap ones.

It is a game issue. Period. Not an AMD issue. Especially considering that it used to work better, faulting AMD for problems that were entirely created by patches for the game is absolutely ridiculous.

As long as you keep spurting this nonsense, I will be here to counter these falsehoods.

We’re on 1.36.1 now, not 1.36, and we were never back to 1.32 levels (which I don’t remember anyone complaining like they do today about 1.32) and while it isn’t any better, it also isn’t any worse.

But at least somebody understands that this is a game problem, not a CPU problem.

1 Like

I completely agree with your point of view

My memory is real,

I know that in updates between 1.32 and 1.34, fps has been slowly improved, especially in one version where fps has been improved by at least 20
until 1.35, when fps optimization has reached its best.

Today, on December 22, 2023, the program was updated again and the fps decreased again, from 1.36.0 (130fps) to 1.36.1.20719 (100FPS)

2 Likes

latest patch made it stop motion :cry:

1 Like