Looks like theres hardly any female representation. really lame

I don’t think you could’ve said so much with no meaning any more perfectly.

My apologies, I’d assumed you were also stating Historical accuracy mattered.
It seems you actually weren’t even arguing that, just yelling about “the SJWs”.
I have ammended my statement.

I fail to see how personal attacks contribute to your argument.

When have I insulted you?
Or in broad strokes, personally attacked you, rather.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay another throw away thread, just what we needed :neutral_face:

There are already enough females in the game tbh. And of course females can carry rocks, use guns or chop down trees. It’s just that these things fit more the male characters than the female ones, it’s a symbol of masculinity. Archers/Driads fit females perfectly. There are also enough heroic females. So I don’t really get OP’s complains here.

Huntresses are possibly what comes to my mind the most fitting OP’s representation, if such beings would exist in real life they surely would have lots of muscles, it must be hard to throw those huge moon glaives.

1 Like

Why is this so funny, why are people so obsessed with realistic/would-be accuracy in a fantasy game?

Age of Empires, Hearts of Iron, Company of Heroes, and Civilization exist you guys. If you want historical accuracy there’s games like those.

3 Likes

Elves cheat though, as they always do. Smug physicality hand-waving gits.

And I feel there could be more females for the specific species that have 0 in-game. Orcs, Trolls and Tauren for example.

On those whole though, WC3 was far ahead of the curve compared to most back in the early 2000s.
But behind the curve now, and we shouldn’t be setting standards by this ‘curve’ to begin with.
I applaud any female units that are added. I’m more nuanced, possibly iffy, about replacements.

But orcs don’t sexually reproduce, right? In the Warcraft movie they obviously do but in the game we are told that they’ve come through a portal, so they probably don’t reproduce sexually, maybe there’s some sort of asexual reproduction, I don’t know. But if old Blizzard didn’t create a female orc it’s probably because of a good reason, you can’t just skip such a detail, it’s common sense.

1 Like

Actually Griselda from WC1 already shows Orcs had females in the very first game.

And I agree skipping such a detail is very weird. Especially with female orcs all over the lore both old and new.
One of the most famous Warcraft females is Garona, but she’s “half-orc” but there was sexual reproduction involved in all 3 versions of her origin story.

(orc/human aged by warlock magic.)
(orc/draenai)
(daughter of medivh and an orc (implied in the warcraft movie))

I just remembered something. In the Bonus Campaign of FT the fact that Cairne Bloodhoof has a son it kinda does prove that Orcs reproduce sexually, but for some reason Blizzard decided not to show us who is the mother of Cairne’s son.

WoW players don’t tell me, please, if it does appear in WoW.

Baine and Cairne are both Tauren though, but yes… this is again strange.
And no, I think it’s never revealed in WoW either.

Hey not my fault you try to be funny and don’t even know every form of fantasy is based on something, people has to be extremely dumb not to notice this, and to think because it’s high fantasy it isn’t based on something from reality… A person gotta be extremely dumb not to notice this high fantasy game is mostly based on a medieval setting. And not because is high fantasy does it take away that…
BTW lord of the rings… Their worlds is literally called middle earth… Which is a reference to middle age (medieval times)…

You don’t like I take it personal?
Make smarter comments

First of all - there are already enough women in the game.
Second - women are genetically weaker than men. And that’s a biological fact.
Third - that’s a bait-thread.

2 Likes

Citation needed.

Not relevant in a fantasy setting that has precedent for numerous female warriors.
Not to mention, that female warriors in the warcraft universe appear to still be in the vast minority. I’m not seeing anybody arguing that it should be a 50-50 split.

Again, citation needed.
I will concede the thread title is needlessly inflamatory and the OP seems poorly informed because we were promised more female units than are in the current beta-build-leak.

MrDragon compare for humans frame size, arms size, leg size for both men and women and you will understand why men are stronger. We are not arguing if men and women are equally powerful in magic. There’s nothing to suggest that in this game muscle size has no effect on strenght, more so it will make no sense.

1 Like

I’m not arguing women or men are equally strong.
Obviously men of the human species, in our universe, have an inherent genetic advantage in raw physicality.

But that is irrelevant based on the lore Blizzard has written.

MrDragon what you are saying is that men in the warcraft universe are written by blizzard to have equal strenght even if they have biceps twice the size? Really? As you said, citation needed.
BTW we can also use other races as examples.

1 Like

I’m not saying that either. So citation needed on the opposite.
I’m not trying to prove a claim, I’m trying to disprove yours.

As for other races, I already said I’m ambivalent on humans because they at least have some females.
Orcs have 0, Trolls have 0, Tauren have 0, as prominent examples.

Thrall has a wife and kid currently in WoW.

Orcs reproduce sexually.

They’re not those stupid Warhammer humanoid fungus dung-heaps.