List of things that are wrong with Reforged

They continue with their false propaganda.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s my waking brain not working, but this doesn’t actually state a problem. Unless outsourcing is the problem? But even then this points out that it has been done before and its not an uncommon thing.

1 Like

They not only DIDN’T improve the game in any way, they actually took things AWAY that were in the original lol

3 Likes

It’s there. Finding it is just not intuitive.

I’ve been told this actually isn’t the case. There’s people who have proven that if online is not available, the system will fallback to LAN. It’s automatic rather than a button press.

Wasn’t this always the case? USeast USwest Europe…Do you mean how you can’t choose your gateway now? I guess that’s fair enough.

I’m not sure this is ever getting fixed, I think Blizzard wants to eventually dismantle 1.0 completely.

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed. It made sense when they were planning to do far larger scale changes but now I’m not sure it was necessary

Maybe It’s just because I played the game for over 5 years but I never really found myself bothered by this.

Fair enough

Fair enough

Supposedly there were complaints about that UI. Maybe it will be added back later? SC1 remastered allows for UI selection

Could definitely be improved

Nothing new

Will hopefully be fixed. Otherwise they’re offline only anyway aren’t they? So they can be played by installing an older version.

Not much to say here

Probably plans to reimplement it, probably caused by battle.net 2.0

See clans

See clans

See clans

What do you mean by this, do you mean custom chat rooms? Thats disappointing

Was this not expected?

(i’m tired of talking about this)

Fair enough

Probably see clans as well?

I don’t actually know anything about this

It happens. Just gotta fix more of them. Which they have been doing.

It’s funny but it just means you can’t name your lobby that. You can still host the map itself. I’m sure it will be fixed.

Probably because they shifted servers. I assume it’s being worked on.

This is a rewording of another one in this list

No, it doesn’t. It doesn’t point to that folder to begin with. Classic Wc3 pointed to War3\Download. Reforged Points to Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download. The confusion is because it’s pointing to a folder your custom maps aren’t stored in.

ok

Is this really a question?

The world has become more sensitive not less. You could get away with a lot of stuff in the 90s, and a lot of stuff would just be followed up with a “so what?”

21 Communal chat listings are gone. Also, you’re always stuck in general chat in the bottom right. Cannot hide/opt out/remove it. Chat functionalities are missing, disabled, or removed.

Also the fact that you are automatically connected to General chat. It’s not fun opening the game and getting spammed with profanities right in the start screen.

so many, yet so true

if you uninstall the game, blizzard does not track your progress; causing you to restart the game. I understand this was in the original but the game should be updated to modern standards. Basically i have to restart the human campaign all over again.

1 Like

When will there already be a fix that will add the visual level shown to us in the demo version on Con 18??? When will you add that very visual post-processing! ???

All they need to fix the schedule is all. When will there already be a fix that will add the visual level shown to us in the demo version on Con 18 !! ?? When will you add that very visual post-processing! Where is the lighting? Where are the shadows? there is nothing, I have not seen such plainness anywhere else. It is not really not clear that if the release had a picture of the Con 18 demo level, they would also be forgiven for not converted cut scenes, because on such a graph the old classic cut scenes would have looked powerful. And they would be forgiven for technical flaws, the game would then have received its honest 6 points for metacritic.

Indeed. Until then, you can back up campaign progress. It seems to be wise to do in general since both patches so far have wiped progress.

toooo easy even on hard… bro… i was bored as hell playing roc camaping…

1 Like

Uh no, it hasn’t

Samwise doesn’t get special thanks because he still works at Blizzard.

That is not entirely the point. Modern games all backup peoples saves over all platforms in the cloud, making backup not needed. Still, your right that i should just backup games anyhow as even the cloud can fail to backup stuff at times.

Oh and for the sake of players that don’t know how to keybind [mousebutton 4] and random BS, please add keybind interface to the game. Using a ini was lazy and blizzard could certainly have done better.

1 Like

You missed: -new death sounds make it more difficult to know which unit died
-New team colours include ugly white and sh*t brown.

3 Likes

lmaooooo, this pathetic company. Honestly surprised no one removed this thread by how hard it exposes Blizzard.

4 Likes

Pretty simple really, this was supposed to be a “reforging” and not a “remaster” and it was supposed to update and improve everything. Instead, they failed to upgrade anything besides skins and ruined/downgraded most things.

3 Likes

It may not be new to a broad Blizzard customer, but if you don’t care about StarCraft 2, then chances are you never saw this change and are first introduced to it with Reforged. And then it’s completely acceptable that the outrage happens when it involves them.

Also as far as I know, the WC3 modding community has been vastly more active (mostly back in the day) than SC2’s (or SC in general) modding community ever was. SC2 tried to bring WC3’s modding community to SC, but I don’t think it stuck at all.

So anyone who remembered WC3 and the vast modding activity who wished to relive that experience and passion, is met with a “Blizzard now owns anything you create with Blizzard software, even if it’s a concept.”. That might outrage some, either out of fear of independence, (will Blizzard suddenly claim ownership of a concept and start selling it as their own and deny you any rights?) or the audacity to claim ownership over any concept that is represented through the use of Blizzard’s intellectual property as a media platform.

That would be similar to like Twitch. tv (the space because links are not allowed and apparently writing an URL as text is a link that cannot be unlinked… GG formatting) claiming inherent ownership over all content, concepts or ideas shared through their platform. That ship wouldn’t float.

That is because the forum is unmoderated. Just look at last blue post date.

1 Like