Linking of classic Account not working

Hey there,
Apart from the joke that the release of this game is, there’s apparently even more of a f*-you for old fans. I had a 1500win-portrait roc account named MFG_Miro(europe gateway), and under the same name a tft account. Just to be clear: THERE WAS NEVER A 90-DAY-NOT-LOGGED-IN=ACCOUNT-DELETED-POLICY ON WC3!!! But even so, I logged into the tft account multiple times within the last 90 days(as I couldn’t login to roc for quite a while now, thanks to Blizz shutting it off). I didn’t play any games, but I did login. I decided to give reforged a chance, even after the start, maybe some patches and stuff will bring back the old feeling, whatever. I was hyped for the ability to link my classic account to reforged.

When I tried, it said the Accountname and/or password was invalid. I was absolutely certain, that could not be the case, but well, I opened a support ticket. After days of no response(I guess due to the amazing state that this game got released in, the amount of workload on those GMs is kinda intense), I received one today.

The GM mentioned that he could indeed find files connected to my account name, and that all he could try was to reset the password. Even with that new password, another attempt resulted in the same “invalid” response.

Well, I’d kinda like to know, whether other people have the same problem and/or whether that’s a problem on Blizzard’s end and whether there’s a way to retrieve my old account.

Kind regards,
Miro

Just to clarify, were you attempting the login and password for Battlenet 2.0, or the ones you were using in the old game client (pre-reforged)?

Are you using the Battlenet launcher to open the game?

Well, I logged into reforged using the battle-net launcher. In the Reforged game I then went into options for the linking of the old account, where I put in my old pre-reforged name and password.

Ah ok. That’s what I was curious about. I wasn’t sure which password you were using where.

I had account with 4000+ wins and 23 icons. Blizzard deleted it and said they can’t restore even though I could still look up and see the profile. It’s become clear company turned their backs on some old time loyal fans.

When did you last log into it?

As I had mentioned, multiple times within the last few months, last time should have been around mid january. Before around christmas. But even if it had been >3months, which it wasn’t. They only announced that >3months-inactive-acc-delete-thing with the release of reforged, not before.

I indeed saw that in your OP. I was asking Yahoo91. :slight_smile:

But

That’s actually been the case for many years. The old account creation screen warned of it:

Well, for how many years though? Has that been there from the start? I could have sworn I have been without login more than 3 months in the past, without having my account deleted. Whatever, I did login regularly, and more recently than 3 months, so that shouldn’t be the case here.

I don’t think from the start. It’s been too long for me to remember a specific time, but it’s been a lot of years. It may take a more dedicated/veteran player to find out.

I found this:

Since it defaults to Asia, did you catch that when trying to link (assuming you aren’t on the Asia server)?

I havent loging in inside 3 month. So what?
I had 15-years classic war3 multiplayer statistics, now its wanished. All my war3 life deleted. And now Blizzard trying to sell Reforged to me. What type of logic they have, what kind of thoughts flying trough theys’ brains? I wonder.
Yes, there is the 3-month rule, but its stupidest rule ever!
Btw, I have war2 acc with 0 games, I havent load in for years… and it still active.

Yes I did catch that, and set it to europe gateway :wink: I have tried with the other gateways as well, just to be sure they didn’t mix something up.

Apparently I’m not alone with that problem…

Edit: Reading up on the post you linked, it appears that the problem is on Blizzard’s side and even if the linking works, there’s nothing gained by it, gg xD

It must have been around year ago, and probably just missed 3 month by few days. Wrote a ticket, but support said they can’t restore it. Don’t remember this was ever a policy. I guess like someone had said it was put in place for reforged. Account existed since WC3 release, played a lot of ladder in first few years, then most custom maps (big fan of DOTA LOD) in the last decade. Still enjoyed playing after so many years. I haven’t been able to log in since reforged came out, like for many others, game is stuck on lion head, I suppose that’s final nail in the coffin for me. Cheers.