Cannot Link Classic Account and can't retrieve classic account because the retrieval email never gets sent to my inbox

This is really annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The email i registered my original old classic account to is not the same as my newer main blizzard account email address. But accessing my account on classic bnet was never a problem. I still have access to both email addresses FYI.

4 Likes

Hey Fox! Make sure you’re updating the Gateway to the correct one that matches your classic account. It is in alphabetical order and defaults to Asia. Let me know if that resolves linking the issue.

Torelef, the old WC3 account was created on US East Azeroth and I set it to that. Unfortunately I moved house and country years ago and made a new email address. My current Blizzard account is set to my yahoo email address. My old original WC3 Azeroth account is on a hotmail email address.

I think that is what is confusing the system. I don’t think it will accept linking the old account because it was on a separate email address.

Both email addresses are active though and i can get into the inboxes. But I haven’t logged into my original WC3 Azeroth account since April 2019. It just says my old account/password is invalid or has become inactive. So each time i press the button to reset the password via email, the retrieval email is never sent. It’s infuriating to say the least.

What will happen if the classic account has no email address?

Corpheus my classic account DOES have an email address.

Yes, but my classic account has no email address. Will it still work?

Last night I changed the gateway dropdown to US East, entered my classic account info in the box in Reforged, and pressed enter. But it did not appear to do anything.

If you are going to tell me that I have to receive an email on the legacy account then you are a joke to me. The email address associated with my classic account was removed after my childhood home internet service provider was sold to comcast in 2007. There was never a way to update the email, so my classic account email was associated with the pre-2007 address that I cannot receive from. I never made a new classic account and kept logging into the old one for 13 years because it had my stats on it. It was a valid account as recently as this past winter holiday.

But there is no way that I would be able to receive an email at an address which stopped working in 2007.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you. I hope you’ll find a solution.

1 Like

That should not be the case. I tried linking a classic account registered to one of my current email and indeed,nothing happens when I link my account. Moreover attempting to link my account again says invalid username/password.

Seems like a bug but I also don’t really know what to expect. At the very least I was expecting wins to transfer over but my collections tab has nothing unlocked after successfully linking.

I’m getting the same issue. I got the thank you message, etc, but then there were absolutely no changes.

• no win changes
  • no record, etc

And now when i try it again, it says invalid password.

Since I cant log into normal warcraft 3 anymore, I REALLY dont want my 1200+ win account to get deleted for nothing…

5 Likes

same problem but my account ~7000 wins

5 Likes

For all the legacy accounts, can we get a blue post for this?

1 Like

Seconded. Would be great to get some insight and acknowledgement of the bug.

3 Likes

Same problem happened to me after linking my old account to the new one and playing a game that had some records saved on my old user account i seem to not be able to load my saved data from the files on my PC.I think it’s because the account linking does not work…The old account was on USW and my battle net account is on Europe,maybe this is the issue?Can someone please provide me with an answer…I don’t want to lose all my saved files from the original game…from custom maps.Thank you!

2 Likes

Raynold, that may be the root cause of the problem but if it was it would be a bug. They explicitly gave us to link our classic accounts from any realm to any bnet2 server. If they wanted northrend accounts to only go to the Europe server, then they wouldn’t have allowed the server drop down. Definitely something bugged right now.

3 Likes

same question, how to check the result?

anyone got this working? They did every single thing wrong, incredible, lol…

1 Like

"I’m getting the same issue. I got the thank you message, etc, but then there were absolutely no changes.

• no win changes
  • no record, etc

And now when i try it again, it says invalid password.

Since I cant log into normal warcraft 3 anymore, I REALLY dont want my 1200+ win account to get deleted for nothing…"

THIS. This is happening to me right now. Blizzard; link my account for me please. I can’t log on Warcraft 3 anymore and I’m about to lose all those icons; over 1000+ wins…

PLEASE LET US KNOW OR FIX THE SITUATION THANKS!

Link the “Shig” on U.S. East to battle.net account Shig#1313… Before it gets deleted! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeah, me, too. Posting here again as there was a blue post once and maybe he get noticed.

I just wanted to port my account and on the first try it worked and said that it would be linked. But then i had no wins transfered to my new account and the button “Link Account” was still visible. When i tried to connect the account again, the account was not found anymore. I tried resetting the pw but even with new pw the linking does not work. My account is modmoto on northrend and bnet tag is modmoto#2809 I would really like to transfer my some 300 wins :frowning: I tried resetting the pw again several times but never got a mail until this morning one reset pw mail arrived. I reset the pw again, copied and wrote it down somewhere and really tried it 5 times, all on Europe, it is just gone/not working. This really sucks and totally sucks the motivation out of me, to have lost the account I was playing for the last 2-3 years. I do not get much time to play and therefore those 600 games took that long. I do not want to start with a 0:0 account again…

Can you confirm that this is something you are working on?

3 Likes

replying once again so they realize this feature is broken. Hoping to recover my account.

2 Likes