Lead Producer Pete Stilwell said:

…and I quote…

“It’s incredibly important to us to first get it right for the existing community, and then we want to do things to appeal to more people. … But in so doing, we need to make sure that you guys who are in this room, that core audience that’s never left this game and love it to death, and don’t want to see us change it so drastically that you don’t recognize it anymore. That’s our first mission, to make sure that you guys give us a thumbs up when it ships.”

Oof. Big oof.

16 Likes

They fired him right?

3 Likes

According to his LinkedIn profile, he’s still working for Blizzard in that role.

1 Like

Too bad I hoped he was being serious and that’s why they fired him.

4 Likes

Guys, Reforged can never be what you want it to, because that’s not financially viable. For the love of Pete!

4 Likes

That is, the classic Game with a visual improvement similar to that of any remake and with some basic functions such as automatic engraving and the recognition button.

And maybe some new campaign from vonus.

It really is something quite cheap for any game today. It is more if they have money to order all those expensive models to put in the first person and not do those cinematics to do in the first person. So you have the money to make the decent W3 remake.

1 Like

I am not necessarily convinced one way or the other.

1 Like

I do feel bad for him. He really looks like he genuinely wanted Reforged to come out successfully.

4 Likes

this version of reforged is the least financially viable of all possible outcomes. it was seriously undercooked, rushed and ultimatively ruined due to activisions greed. bobby just couldnt have enough of these sweet dollar bills and he wants to keep them all for himself. better fire some ppl so he can have more excess money he cannot spend anymore because its basically infinite at that point. he is a dollar puppet, corrupted from within. cant wait for the day when activision collapses, choking on their greed. i hope the remains get collected by EA and then sucked dry ol westwood style before being buried in toxic chinese soil to rest.

all the money you spent on reforged preorders went straight into bobbys behind as the warcraft team and funds got cut down while you kept shoving more money into that blackhole of greed at the same time. its insane. its not like activision couldnt afford some fan service for one of their key IPs with the insane amount of cash they milk out of their customers.

reforged is the ugly face activision sees when they look in the mirror. activision cannot get rid of reforged, it is eternally attached, always remembering the world of how activision has ruined blizzard so much they are incapable of even remastering their own games.

10 Likes

That’s the problem, he actually didn’t see the value in telling the first person to go back to their job.

1 Like

Just to be clear for this thread: I am genuinely not blaming Mr. Stilwell for his words. I, too, believe that he genuinely wanted this to be an amazing remaster of a classic game.

However, as time went on, I’m sure it became very clear to him what Activision’s plans were: and those plans did not include sinking the time and money required to truly make this remaster work.

4 Likes

Agreed.

It was probably where the project started, but the rug was pulled somewhere along the line.

8 Likes

My question is why they cut spending so … badly.
I mean they went ahead with having 19 different models of neutral trolls. But they didn’t focus on the reconnect button or the league system.

That is, instead of doing one thing well so that the player base can have while they “fix the rest” they did everything wrong so that nothing can be played.

3 Likes

Because for having 19 models of trolls you simply throw some bucks to a company on the other side of the world and you even have a good chance that they are indeed good.
For the reconnection button you have to rework your network layer with all the performance and security consequences.

2 Likes

Ok I change the question.
Why 19 troll models
And there are not multiple models for the Heroes which is something that players will use and see as one of the “Reforged enhancements”.

Because they gave priority to the models that were going to be used the least and not the ones that were going to be used the most.

2 Likes

I thought I read something like LemonSky ended their contract in the middle of making models so the Stonemaul huts were still Draenei buildings

6 Likes

To troll the community better^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

If LemonSky ended the contract, then this means~~no new content?? Cos then no one would be churning out the new models, or fixing them.

3 Likes

Or they keep lying to us / Scamming about being able to use the Heroes’ Skin. (and missing filler skins)
Or maybe Blizzard suddenly decides to do everything reforged from scratch. (XD)

5 Likes

as a christmas surprise?^^

2 Likes