J Allen Brack's Disastrous Response

That was our first mistake.

3 Likes

It was a two second response to a second part of a question placed by an investor that was only even asked because of negative press for the week. Because contrary to popular belief WCIII isn’t a money maker that is going to get any care at a investor call.

99% of the call was about how CoD and CoD mobile is making a ton of money.

1 Like

No. That’s Marketings fault. It’s clear that people had a very precise vision for they wanted Warcraft III: Reforged to be but Marketing failed to quell false, lofty or ridiculous expectations either through silence, misinformation or dodging questions.

1 Like

The issue is they should of realized when they even announced Warcraft 3 Reforged that the expectations were going to be high. But yet they decided to release the game with features not present at this time.
Shoot look at Square Enix right now with FF7 Remake. They delayed the game more because of wanting to add more polish. They KNOW if its a disaster and not up to par they will see criticism.

His answer is fine TBH. What did you expect? Him tearing his garments and kneeling in the snow, begging for forgiveness?

No, I mean that there’s a lot of misinformation going around about WC3R that’s being generated by players and other bad actors on YouTube looking for clicks and views.

For example: There’s a lot of people claiming that WC3R no longer provides LAN play. This is demonstrably false.

It’s misrepresentations like this that are getting players all outraged and worked up but are for the most part inaccurate.

It feels like people are trying way too hard to be outraged about everything lately. Not even just blizzard games.

I might be wearing a tinfoil hat when I say this, but it feels like The lead up to 2016 election In the sense that bots and fake accounts were used to spread discontent and division.

I know that’s hugely conspiratorial, but I’m not really understanding the massive negative response We’re seeing in a lot of these recent #controversies.

Maybe it’s just that people have been conditioned to use the most extreme hyperbolic language to express dissatisfaction and Criticism, and cannot simply state what they don’t like clearly and calmly.

3 Likes

Bingo. Some people can only think of games as 0’s or 10’s.

3 Likes

It sure feels that way!

No, I don’t think so at all. The media web and social media thrive off of conflict. A lot of new media YouTube is driven by sensationalism. It’s making a lot of people a lot of money. Even people who were initially vocal opponents of such systems are now embracing it because it’s just stupid not to. There’s a lot of money being generated by outrage.

In the past, people could complain and the internet gave them a voice, but I think that because our world and cultures are becoming so much more insular, that it’s driving the desire for people to be exceptionally vocal in these new mediums. It’s cathartic to let all that rage out in the safety of some random internet board. Most of it is ridiculous and borderline insane but most people don’t have any other outlet for their general anger.

Also, I think that because our relives are so devoid of meaningful opportunities for socialization among like minded people, all this “us vs them” angst is spelling out into incredibly trivial matters. It’s easier to get angry at some faceless corporation or industry leader then it is to confront the real things that are bothering a person in their real lives.

And we are all guilty of these things to some degree.

1 Like

It’s definitely carefully worded to avoid taking anymore responsibility than absolutely necessary. Instead of saying “we did not reach that bar”, it is “we heard from them that we did not reach that bar”. Meaning that Blizzard doesn’t think that they did anything wrong. Also they set the player expectation as “really amazing things” to have the bar of quality super high, and that the only problem with WC3R is that it isn’t quite “really amazing”, and not that it is bad.

The good thing about this is that it was said to investors. So at least he is unlikely to lie here since lying to investors is actually a big deal unlike lying to players.

2 Likes

Mr J Arthas Brack is well knows for causing ruin in his career path, He is the one who destroyed Star Wars galaxy MMO.

1 Like

Brack is literally the “You think you do, but you don’t” guy from Classic WoW lol. He’s so out of touch with his customers that he’s a meme.How he ended up getting promoted is completely beyond me.

6 Likes

Generally I agree with your assessment, regarding internet anonymity and venting out frustrations, however I think something is different in the past few years specifically.

I don’t know what the cause is, maybe it’s the widespread adoption and use of social media platforms further amplifying a small minority of extreme voices, but it definitely feels different than even 10 years ago.

There was always hostility and anger on message boards and forums, but in my view that always felt self contained to those niche communities.

I’m a lurker on imgur, (I do not have an account) and I saw an anti-blizzard meme hit the front page there yesterday with much of the same hyperbolic anger in the comments as were seeing here on blizzard forums.

It’s something I’ve been thinking about for some time now, and I’m still trying to work it all out in my head.

When the reaction to small things going wrong is as loud and hostile and negative as when things are actually legitimately messed up, something is broken in our culture.

It’s like a boy who cried wolf scenario. It’s hard to believe that people are being genuine when virtually everything is met with hyper extreme vitriol.

2 Likes

The SKY is literally FALLING. Click now to see this DISASTROUS response.

All day, everyday. The next claim has to be bigger than the last.

2 Likes

Blizzard announces nothing after its own initial false announcement.
Fans want information and looking for what is there.
Blizzard lies so why not believe in fever two YouTube?

It is not our fault. It is theirs for not reporting anything.
Or was he not in the forum when we asked Blizzard every day for information and he didn’t answer.

apart many Youtuber do not lie the game is that bad.

PD to me the lan doesn’t work for me.

The phenomena probably has several reasons behind it and working them all out seems impossible. Even verifying a single one feels hopeless. One thing to consider though is that only a widespread and very loud response actually achieves something. Everything else is easy for a multi billion dollar corporation to ignore.

1 Like

Not surprised. He’s end game is to make bank. Which I got nothing against. He a business man

While this can be true, when it comes to WC3 it’s profits are not even worth mentioning for said multi billion dollar company. It would have been more profitable to just shut down Classic Battlenet and not do reforged at all. So some developer wants to actually do the project, because it’s not a good project for the money.

Can you provide some source for these numbers?