I've paid for a Remake Not a reskin

I am not really happy with this game. However, they never pretended that this would be anything other than a reskin. It was obvious from the beginning. Biggest dealbreaker for me is how awful Arthas looks. You can tell that they outsourced this to some chinese company. The artstyle looks like that of a cheap mobile game.

I have to agree with you. I’m dissapointed by the quality of the supossed “reforging”; cinematics were left intact, with the exception of the intro. The campaign cinematics now look worse than the in-game graphics; I think that’s a big mistake considering you’re advertising a “reforged” game as a whole and you only add a new interface and graphics to it.

Also we got a very bugged game as released. I can’t believe a company as big as blizzard is delivering an incomplete game with no ladder, no way to socialize and to create a community (clans) right at the start of the game, and full of buggs that get you out of the game or even won’t let you get into the game even when it tells you the match has been found.

I can accept that from indie developers, but not from the multi-billion dollar valued company as Blizzard. Shame on them.

I agree this entire game has been a scam. I was so hyped to buy it but once I heard they weren’t doing any new cinematics, or retelling the story to be more up to date, I never purchased it. Meanwhile my friends who were foolish enough to trust Blizzard got it on launch day and have complained about the constant bugs and unplayable launch experience so I guess I dodged a bullet.

Blizzard… if anyone wants to play the old WC3. THAT GAME ALREADY EXISTS! I want something new. I want something that connects more faithfully to WoW. I can watch the old cinematics on youtube and they’ve been there for almost two decades. Create something new if you want my $40.

I can guarantee you I’m not the only one who held off from buying this crap attempt at “reforging” your game so there’s still money to be made if you bother to go in and update it later with a free patch. It’s very scummy to try and blame fans for “not wanting things to change” in a game that’s entire point of existing is to change and update it to modern times. Again… THE OLD GAME STILL EXISTS, any of these so called “fans” can go play that one! At the very least give us the option to play the classic campaign or the new one. Let us decide what we want to do.

This was never advertised as a remake, it was advertised as no more or less than what was done for SC:BW.

Also do people actually want storyline coherence with WoW? That game’s story is awful. I think that would actually have made this even worse.

1 Like

If you think WoW’s story is awful then you should think WC3’s story is awful. Both games are very amature esque fantasy. The whole “hero turns into villain” plot has been done to death… and Blizzard themselves has done it over and over.

What would have been wrong about having like an extra mission where we get to see Silvermoon’s leader? How does it make sense to have a leader just die off screen and not even have a second of screentime when we invade his capital city? WoW shows us a crappy little flashback where he dies in a 1v1 duel with Arthas so we know he was there but WC3 just didn’t flesh out any of the details.

Or what would have been wrong with replacing some generic “grunts” with like Saurfang or Drek’thar in the orc campaign in the vein of Falric/Shandris? Plus if you like WC3 so much feel free to go play that game to death you shouldn’t get the right to deny an entire fanbase to play something new.

Besides money should talk. More people bought and played WoW than WC3. A smart company would cater to where the money is. Gotta say you’re a crappy fan of the franchise if you don’t like all their Warcraft games and you’re like the last person anyone should listen to. Despite that I’d still be totally fine if you wanted a “classic” reforged campaign in the options just as long as I can choose a reforged one.

1 Like

Reforged is a marketing way to say Remake, for what i can tell. Besides, in Sc:BW they clearly stated they were only adding extra resolution and some polishes on the same graphics. The trailer at blizzcon 18 (if I’m not mistaken) and the advertisement of the game was about a remake with better graphics and added content, coherent with the WoW story, not necesarily redone exactly to it.
Here’s a good thread about the advertising subject with evidence.

2 Likes

I completely and utterly disagree with literally everything you’ve said. It is a typical plot, but it is a well done one. WoW has so many holes and lazy writing and retcons it’s appalling.

1 Like

Cool you’re free to disagree just know that you’re wrong. Play WC3 if you want, I want to play a reforged storyline that they promised to me when the game was announced. Again what is wrong with giving me the choice to choose the classic or reforged campaign? Why are you so damn selfish and stubborn to make choices for me?

1 Like

Ah yes the typical “I’ll pretend to take a middleground but in reality I want to say i’m in the right here”

Yeah cool, “you’re free to disagree, just know that you’re wrong”.

Also some people don’t like to see what they consider art changed. I don’t want Blizzard going back to wc2 so they can have Doomhammer kill Lothar with some fight as Deathwing pulls some BS.

Lothar died on the shores to an ogre ambush.

And WoW’s addendum to the warcraft story is awful.

Not everything is open to compromise. Adding a “reforged” story wouldn’t be just be a different take, it would be as good as a retcon.

1 Like

Again cool, you can play those games. They still exist. I can play both the original Metal Gear Solid and Twin Snakes just fine. You’re essentially stealing a choice from the rest of us though because you’re too selfish for something your elitist opinion designs as “NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!” to even exist. God forbid other people get to enjoy what they want to enjoy. Where’s my option to play a reforged storyline? Aka what they promised when the game was announced? OH RIGHT! It was taken from me because of whiny brats like you.

The retcons already happened. Just because it wasn’t represented in a game doesn’t mean the retcons don’t exist. Since you’re clearly capable of ignoring that they already happened you should be very capable in ignoring an alternate storyline that the rest of us would enjoy.

Instead we get a barely finished broken launch replay. With the entire custom game and custom campaign community given a fat middle finger so we can never fix the problem ourselves. What a great way to treat a loyal fanbase…

I still love how you’re unable and unwilling to reach a perfectly legit compromise. Just more reasons why you and anyone that shares your outdated garbage opinions should be ignored. All you think of is yourself.

1 Like

Technically you’re selfishly thinking of what you want too. You don’t care who or how many people will actually like the addition you want. All you really care about is that you want it. Which is why it’s also easy for you to not care about what the other side of the fence thinks.

Not everything can be compromised, sorry.

Also you’re pointing to the broken launch replay and the custom map scene, as if that has anything to do with the Reforged story. Don’t play victim card and lump yourself in with people who have completely unrelated issues.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what selfish means. Selfish would be me demanding they make a new story and don’t even give you the option of playing the classic one with the updated graphics. Aka something you’re basically doing the reverse of to me. You’re a fool if you think I’m the only one who wanted a reforged storyline considering there’s thousands of other posts complaining about the same thing.

It can totally be compromised. They got the money and resources to do it otherwise they wouldn’t have promised it to begin with. There is a giant fanbase that demands it otherwise WoW wouldn’t be the genre leading giant it is to this day. You’re the kind of person I’d put on /ignore if this outdated forum had such a basic feature because it’s pointless talking to a greedy selfish uncompromising brat like you. Just know you’re in the obvious minority and this entire topic is a testament to that.

The ONLY reason Blizzard even sided with your garbage group is because doing it the way they originally intended would take slightly more work. Activision-Blizzard executives set a release date and were only willing to budge on delaying it one extra month. They want their money now, they want to gloat about their earnings and give themselves bonuses ASAP. Who cares if it screws over an entire fanbase? They only used “we totally listened to the fans!” as a clever marketing excuse to wipe the blame off their own shoulders.

Edit: I’m not talking to you anymore. It’s like talking to a wall. Don’t even bother wasting your time with a response. Go enjoy your garbage lazy reskin with outsourced graphics.

1 Like

Culling Of Stratholme Cutscene isn’t even the trailer version but is instead the original with a new coat of paint.

Blizzard did it again boys, they showed us a in development cutscene and then scrapped it so we all got FOOLED.

Like again, not talking to you. Not even sure why you’re still typing. Just more proof you can’t listen.

If you thought this was ANYTHING other than a graphical update you were being willfully ignorant at best.

Selfish means thinking of yourself. You can totally do something that appears charitable or kind while the intentions are purely for your own gain.

Selfish does not at inherently only mean getting something someoen else will not get. It can also mean getting things that someone else will get that they don’t want. Or something that someone else will get that dillutes or damages the quality of the original product.

In other words if what you ask for has an effect on the other side, such as becoming what everyone thinks of when they think of the story of warcraft III, then yeah, that affects the other side.

Also damn now we’re throwing the “You’re the minority I am the majority” huh?

I could’ve said the exact same thing and it would make just as much sense.

I am pretty stupid tbh. Still gonna play the game cuz its great, but if they just finished that cutscene for the hell of it, it would’ve been neat.

Yup, I tried to warn you too. It ain’t gonna be what anyone expects it to be. The signs were clear.

The signs were very clear and that’s why I didn’t bother buying it. I feel for those who trusted Blizzard to not scam them. Wish i had a reason to buy this thing but a $40 reskin isn’t worth it to me.

And yeah I know you can get the cheaper version of the game but why the hell would I do that? You get more stuff out of the other version and as a fan of Blizzard content I play their other games and would enjoy all that other stuff. Plus paying max dollar amount shows my support for the game they released… and tells them I want more.

I’d have happily paid for a WC1&2 reforge in the same engine as DLC or whatever. Hell the possibilities are endless since there’s many stories they could flesh out inside a game just like fans did with the WC3 custom campaigns.

Warcraft 3: Refunded.