"It's just review bombing"

I play campaigns and I like the current model and graphics very much. I feel the same game spirit as in 2002

This is my opinion and in my opinion the game does not deserve 0

But like you ask, why did Netease’s game not do well in China? Hard to say.

Maybe its because people did not like it :wink: ?

Whatever guys, as i said my 0/10 Remaster review is not “review bombing” it is infact a very well reasonable review as i wrote it down above. And yes i fully believe this is the worst Remaster in gaming history and thus i do fully believe this REMASTER deserves a 0/10. Feel free to disagree but may read it urself and than re-think. just scroll up ;).

Also i do believe sh1tstorms are a good thing to have, because they actually do make things better. Reasons above.

After all this discussion my head is wobbly and i need to go on the balcony.
Was fun arguing with you guys, cya.

Wrong. Getting a refund and leaving a legitimately bad review is the only way we can get Blizzard to take action. We can vote with our wallets.

Wrong. Getting a refund and leaving a legitimately bad review is the only way you can react.

Nothing you do guarantees Blizzard to take action, even voting with your wallet. Like I pointed above; no Blizzard boycott has been successful towards getting Blizzard to put out better products.

And as for changes and fixes; the dev team have spoken out on actively doing that on twitter. Well before the metacritic dropped below 1. And more recently - they’ve automated their refunds now.

1 Like

Nah, even the “Any idea you have belong to us, unpaid intern.” statement alone warrants a 0/10. Stances like that are completely unacceptable.

Yeah, I’m sure the lesson will be “RTS doesn’t sell” and not:

1. Don’t farm out games to cheap Asian devs and slap a Blizzard logo on it
  2. Don’t strip features from existing games
  3. Don’t “remake” classic games to re-align them with another property
  4. Don’t lie to your customer base
  5. Don’t break existing games
  6. Don’t release buggy, incomplete, untested products with no QA

Nah, execs will say “Stop making RTS, despite the sales of every other RTS we’ve published”

2 Likes

#QuotedForTruth
(i will say the models are nice tho.)

The reviews of 0/10 that are not based on specific aspects of the game but on the fact that the old game has been broken (usually coming from people who have not bought the game), have no value.

The game does deserve a 0/10, but it’s because rating numbers are stupid. It should either be yes, no, or neutral. Since we have pointless numbers, that turns into 10, 5, or 0. No other numbers matter. This is why Steam is still ahead of the curve with yes or no, although I think also having a third neutral option would be better. You either recommend a game, don’t recommend it, or have an indifferent opinion. So… 10, 5, or 0, if you’re putting numbers on it. When I posted Metacritic reviews, I only used these 3 numbers.

1 Like

When a company give no option to customers to get the service they need when something they bought is of poor quality, Review Bombing is the only recourse. Well that, and also Chargebacks via the bank they used.

0 out of 10 came from both groups of people who either bought or did not buy the Reforged. After all that has happened since the release I do not blame them. I did not place my rating anywhere, but if I did, it would be 0 as well. Note: I bought the Reforged and did not try to refund. I consider this 0 as my last warning to Blizzard.

What I said stands.

This is not the first time it’s happened, this isn’t the last. And all your points are not going to ‘teach those execs’ any lessons considering they are not interested in learning from you or any of the 0/10 reviewer crowd. Deaf ears.

Besides, half your points aren’t even major issues.

#1. They outsourced the art, which is what many companies do. You didn’t seem to have a problem with Starcraft Remastered’s graphics right? It was outsourced to the same company doing Reforged. Also, Overwatch skins are also outsourced overseas; but you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference would you?

#3. What is this even? Remake to align with another property? You realize that much of the planned WoW content was cut right? And that people are actually complaining about false advertisement because they expected the cut WoW content to be in the game, not the opposite.

And as for 2, 4, 5 and 6… How many times has the fanbase told Blizzard this only to be outright ignored? I’m sure they learned their lesson after Diablo 3 right? Oh wait I meant Warlords of Draenor? Oh I meant Battle for Azeroth? Oops I meant Heroes of the Storm…

1 Like

Giving a Zero is review bombing, period.

No it’s not.

2 Likes

I wonder how it will be when Diablo Immortal drops.

Yes, it is.

No matter how eloquent and passionate your message is, if you slap a 0/10 score on it, it will be lumped in alongside the ‘0/10 didn’t buy’ and passed off as ‘outrage’. By going with a 0/10 review, you aren’t part of the solution, you are actively choosing to be part of the problem.

Blizzard isn’t going to treat 0/10 reviews as legitimate feedback. People can flail their arms about how Blizzard should, but clearly that’s not what is going to happen.

No it’s not. Full stop.

1 Like

Yes it is, review bomber.

Fuller stop :stuck_out_tongue:

A zero is more than justified when the remaster negatively impacts the original game. The original game and its community would literally be better off had this project never been started.

2 Likes

Let me reiterate for the thousandth time

• It’s not whether it’s justified or not. It’s what the collective outlook of your action will be.

If you used the highest quality of oil to start a fire, then you may see the difference in how it burns compared to regular oil. But if you use it on an already blazing wildfire, then no one is going to tell the difference in the quality of your oil; all anyone sees is the flames.

If the majority if 0/10 reviews are being dismissed as a product of outrage culture, then out goes your review with it, no matter how impassioned and legitimate it may be.

The original game and its community would literally be better off had this project never been started.

True. And we can do nothing about this. That is the ultimatum. No scathing review, no pleading cry, no amount of money thrown would bring it back. Thus people are prone to doing what they feel they can do to make Blizzard react - post 0/10 on Metacritic, which is about as useful as posting a scathing review on 4chan.

You greatly overestimate the amount of players who still played classic.

as if people writing 10/10 means something lmao

0/10, 5/10, 10/10 in the end are aggregated. Who cares about individual review. No such thing as ‘review bombing’ for 0/10.

1 Like