"It's just review bombing"

No they aren’t pulling the plug on Diablo once they release the mobile version.

If the fans are outraged enough to review bomb a game, it should send a strong message to anyone looking into buying the game. Many of those 0 score reviews leave lengthy explanations for thier rating if people are interested enough to read them.

The bigger affect is all the negative news/press being created by this reaction of the fan base. Reforge negative reputation is spreading fast.

4 Likes

idk man I think all of our complaining of Diablo III (joke of a game that doesn’t even deserve to be called Diablo) resulted in them making Diablo 4 more like Diablo 1 and 2 (its dark and gothic roots).

Unfortunately they didn’t listen to all of our complaints…they still won’t give us free trade again…pshhh…for that reason alone I won’t get D4 and will keep playing PoE.

It does, it might resonate better with their shareholders. Maybe someone with voting right rights will finally exercise that privilege in favour of a competent invidivual who will know both how to make them money and keep the consumers happy to drive repeat purchases.

Both the consumers and shareholders should be equally as mad at the management.

3 Likes

Anyone who wanted to buy the game already knows whats up.

Anyone who didn’t doesn’t go to metacritic.

Anyone who reads this on the news and avoids getting Reforged likely never had enough interest to get the game in the first place.

Think about this in terms of movies you weren’t gonna watch or had a passing interest in. You don’t need to see a 6 percent score to know Cats is a bad movie. You prolly weren’t gonna watch Cats anyways. And if you did want to watch it and it had bad scores, you could still just wait to watch it for the sake of a bad movie. It isn’t gonna stop bad movies from coming out tho.

3 Likes

You had that opinion before you saw any reviews.

i had (and voiced) that opinion when i saw Beta.
I literally wrote here “when you release this game, it will get ripped apart.” and it has, rightfully so.

We can voice our displeasure before moving on and there is nothing wrong with that. Whether the the execs brush this off is irrelevent to me. This will die down soon and the game will likely die out as well. It’s a shame.

3 Likes

When you fail everything in your school test, you get an F-. thats what F- stands for.

the same happened with Reforged. they failed on every single thing in this “remaster” or “reforged”. Thats what an 0/10 is. Thats why 0/10 exists in the first place.

There is not one thing they did right with this, and even worse they destroyed the original masterpiece by removing it.

Thus a 0/10 is totally justified.

5 Likes

I didn’t say anything to the contrary. I think voicing opinion is important too.

I am making a statement about collective ‘0’ reviews being misconstrued as ‘a message’, when really it isn’t. This is not the first or last time Blizard got bad reactions from announcing or releasing a ‘bad’ game. If nothing changed before, nothing will change now. Even at Blizzcon with Diablo Immortal and stocks dropping, Blizzard reaction was clear - cut 800 jobs from support roles. Did that make better games? No. And we are seeing it even worse with WoW having no follow up content from now till Shadowlands.

2 Likes

You have no power over Blizzard

This is wrong.

Sh1tstorms do change things. The customers DO have power by speaking up.
Watch Bungie, they left Activsion, after several sh1tstorms.
This only happend because several sh1tstorms and the community speaking up and not beeing silent.

Keep the 0/10s coming, thats the only way we can rescue Blizzard.
Beeing silent wont change anyhing.

Be harsh, be vocal, be loud.

3 Likes

Well I’m going to disagree then. I don’t think any game they released has ever been recieved this badly. If they truly do not care then that is disappointing. More and more people are losing faith in them as a company.

Then tell me what positive change did we get from all the other criticisms Blizzard had in the past 2 years. Please enlighten me of a positive change.

2 Likes

Then tell me what positive change did we get from all the other criticisms Blizzard had in the past 2 years. Please enlighten me of a positive change.

One day your news feed will tell you “Blizzard left Activsion”, that day, you will understand the power of words.

Its broken, buggy, censored, with features removed, they blatantly lied in marketing about what this game would include, AND they destroyed the original versions. How does that NOT deserve a 0/10?

2 Likes

Thats what you WANT to see, but that is about as realisitc as saying ‘the day they release WC4 that has no WoW lore in it’

1 Like

It’s not crying if Blizzard lost a ton of money on refunds. Then other potential buyers are made aware of how bad the game truly is. I’m not saying it is or it is not, due to I haven’t played the new WC3.

The big part is WC3 the original game was removed on people’s machines. I’m not sure if they were handed a cease and desist, due to the “FANS” making custom maps, but they removed a lot of functionality from the game that pre-existed.

Saying that they will over haul the graphics, keeping fans waiting due to repeated push back, then release the game in an unfinished buggy state is a huge eye opener to how Activision’s relationship with Blizzard has changed.

It could be worse. It could be like when EA lost faith in Ultima Online and literally ended it.

1 Like

User reviews still express how people feel, even though its clearly not a 0 it still shows peoples enjoyment towards the game. You never see any good games like The Witcher 3 get review bombed because that fan base is very pleased with the developers work.

Right now people are very displeased with Blizzard and they need to learn to take that criticism to do better in the future… not ignore it.

1 Like

User reviews still express how people feel, even though its clearly not a 0

Tell me, how is it not a 0/10?

WHAT did reforged improve upon classic?

Remember, it is the Remaster your reviewing, NOT the original game.

So what does it BETTER than classic? And what does it WORSE than classic?

The fact that main menu is based on chromium web app is solo reason to give it 0 / 10.

3 Likes

I pointed out the fallacy of this though.

Metacritic reviews are not informing refunds. It is the opposite. People are refunding regardless of a metacritic review, and not because of it. They are reviewing AFTER they refunded.

Do you know anyone who bought reforged who wasn’t planning on refunding but became motivated by metacritic? It is not going to be a high statistic. Either people know about the game being bad and refunding anyways, or they see the review and just pass on a game they had little interest in to begin with.

And despite this, there will be many who already bought the game and enjoy it despite the reviews.

What does Blizzard lose on here? Refunds were happening WELL before metacritic.

3 Likes