'It's just beta' is not an excuse or counterargument

Why im talking with childrens my god…?

Blizzard use the same engine for every blizzard game, the engine from sc2 is the same but with tons of improvements over wc3.
That’s the reason that you can play wc3 in sc2 arcades.

I had no idea Overwatch used the Hearthstone engine.

Alright I have to take a break from this thread now because I can’t believe that you believe that. I cannot find a source on this claim either so if you have one, do feel free to post it.

Although your line of thinking is kind of funny. Let’s just homogenize all the games. Tekken should be updated so it plays like Street Fighter. I think all my Quake 3/Quake Live experience should be perfectly translatable to Rainbow 6 Siege. Gears of War is the same thing as Resident Evil, right? I should be really good at Resident Evil then.

Hearthstone doesn’t qualify for blizzard game same for overwatch, they are activision games. The project that blizzard cancel was blizzard game but there is much more activision than blizzard right now.

For example, Lemon sky, that sound familiar?

the other thing is just stupid

1 Like

I don’t know how to break the news to you gently but they’re the same company.

Much to many people’s chagrin.

2 Likes

SC2 is a completely different engine from WC3.

WC3 and WoW both use the WC3 engine.

SC2 and HOTS use the SC2 engine.

SC2 doesn’t have nearly as much of the hardcoded issues as WC3 does. It’s actually very open and easy to mod, whereas WC3 is easier to recreate simple units, but you don’t have nearly the amount of options to modify because so much is hard-coded.

SC2 engine is flexible and allows you to recreate WC3 armor system, for example. But the one thing you can’t recreate is the square collision that makes WC3 play the way it does. SC2 is hardcoded with circular collision.

The fact you think SC2 is using the WC3 engine shows how little you actually know about WC3.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that if it was true too, wouldn’t Starcraft 2 be “backwards compatible?”

I need to find me some SC2 maps to play on Frozen Throne. Surely some mapmakers have perfectly, seamlessly recreated that experience on Warcraft 3.

1 Like

Yes you have the reason, the sc2 isn’t the same engine.
But at this point i wanna go, the sc2 use a newer engine wich is more advanced and not different, because if it will be the same engine sure you can create different thing but not better or worse.
In this case, sc2 is just more advanced and newer.
check and mate kids.

Well it would be checkmate if it was actually gonna happen.

But we know it isn’t. Reforged = WC3 engine, now and forever.

Thank you for agree with me, as i said
check and mate kids.

:thinking:

My comment : x_https://pics.me.me/this-bait-of-cellentouality-19458768.png

Check and mate boy, go to sleep.

Actually I’m getting ready to go to work.

You lost the internet fight, time for another thing.

Reforged in 2018 https://tinyurl.com/utlzboh
Reforged in 2019 https://tinyurl.com/vjf5eu4

Get over it.

lmaoooo
x_https://pics.me.me/there-nothing-more-deceptne-than-an-obvious-bait-20002110.png

Personally… I like the version that ISN’T missing 50% of it’s color saturation. CALL ME CRAZY, but being able to differentiate red from blue is kinda maybe sorta an important aspect of multiplayer. :thinking:

I mean it’s kind of an impossible fight to lose because you’re wanting them to go under the hood for more than online connectivity and compatibility. You want them to update a 17 year old engine for a modern level of polish that will fundamentally change how players operate the game in the standard multiplayer mode and have who knows what kind of effects on already existing custom games (if not entirely breaking them).

With a month left before (expected) release.

I’m a much better Starcraft 2 player than I am a Warcraft 3 player but even I wouldn’t want them to touch how units operate, even if it might give me a faint advantage from control familiarity.

just go man, and think about your loss.

I’ve still got 10 minutes to disagree with you.

Ok i let you alone here thinking about your loss.
:kissing_heart: