'It's just beta' is not an excuse or counterargument

I’ve seen a lot of people on the forums with the default reply of ‘it’s only the beta’ or ’ have patience’ as a reply to a complaint or set of feedback.

My question is, are you listening to yourself? A beta quite literally exists so that we can access the game and provide the developers with feedback before the game releases. Complaints and feedback is quite literally what a beta needs, and the forums is the place for this.

This beta is not for you to play the game early. If you think clearly for two seconds you ought to realize these statements are beyond parody they are that stupid.

Glad we could put that to bed

33 Likes

Bro it’s just a beta…

9 Likes

Beta is the final state, no matter what they cannot change things all of a sudden in one month. Its sad to see the game will be launched in this bare bones state. Only new additions will be the animated campaign screens and a custom games lobby UI. I don’t think they can do anything much.

In a way I feel scammed, since I ordered this game as soon as it was available in 2018. I thought the money will go to the Reforged team to build up stuff, oh boy I was so wrong.

6 Likes

I still argue for a 2020 delay. Polish things up better, definitely add the new UI back in. Atleast make the game able to age well so we can go for another however many years.

But damn, when I saw the WC3 reforged in UE4 video i was shocked as to how much opportunity there was to make this look amazing but we had to stick with the old engine. And I dont know… I would have rather had something brand new than the same old thing with reskins

12 Likes

As you worded it, I don’t think anything was put to bed here.

I don’t think anyone believes that a beta is not for feedback, complaining, citicizing, etc. Thus, it’s not likely that anyone is telling anyone else to stop any of that simply based off it’s in beta.

What those people are pushing back against are the foregone conclusions about how the game will release.

For example, these are two different scenarios:

1. “Compared to Blizzcon, the models look terrible. The game looks like crap!! Small indie company!!!”
  2. “I can’t belive Bliz is going to release the models looking like this!! It looked so much better at Blizzcon. The game is going to be crap!! Small indie company!!”

One of those is solely providing feedback. The other is jumping to conclusions. You’ve only made a statement about the former, but it’s the latter that the ‘it’s just a beta’ people are rallying against.

Not from my experience. A simple piece of feedback about downscaling the UI got replies of ‘just a beta’

1 Like

this thread is a beta

3 Likes

OP is a beta ^^

3 Likes

you are just used to early access.

1 Like

Good, better, beta!

huh I was under the impression that blizzard beta tests only exist to sell game copies through streamer marketing campaigns. ei Grubby

We don’t know the real and latest build of the game.

It may be far more advanced that what we currently see in the beta.

It can be because Blizzard uses many servers and environments, each build being in another state, beta being the most outdated one.

It can be because Blizzard wants to test our feedback on some choices.

It can be because Blizzard wants us to test only a particular thing.

It can be because Blizzard loves to see this type of topic.

It can be many reasons but we can hope it’s not the most advanced build that currently exists.

The excuses I hear people make for this game are unbelievable. Like sometime I feel like they are in denial, or secretly what this game to fail.

I’m not sure that’s whole story.

Again, as you have worded it, simply saying “You need to downscale the UI” and getting a reply of “It’s just the beta” doesn’t even follow logically.

I beg to differ.

OP is just a beta

1 hour before the official launch.

IT’S JUST A BETA BRO, TRUST ME ITS GONNA BE DIFFERENT

3 Likes

You are a Beta dud.

2 Likes

Toxic…They already have an amazing build for a release date that hey were making for 4 years,but instead of giving a feedback about some REAL things,you’re judging the Beta state like it’s a full,finished product,even If Blizzard themself said it’s not.
Instead of giving a feedback about voices,lore,retcons,cutscenes…You’ve decided that the most important thing right now is the beta…

OK Boomer 20char