It's downloading, even though I didn't buy it

I’m sorry if this topic has come up already from someone else, but… well, here are the details.

Reforged began downloading
I have not bought Reforged
I do own the original Warcraft 3 (RoC and TFT)

Why is Reforged downloading?

Because everyone is being force updated to this dumpster fire

1 Like

So that you have access to Reforged graphics inside World Editor.

This is an intentional feature to allow map developers to verify how their map looks when played with Reforged graphics without having to own Reforged. One still needs to buy Reforged to play with Reforged graphics in game.

Currently the editor lacks shadows and lighting is broken. This is a known issue.

reforged and classic are merged u just dont have access to newer graphics in game

because all the classic owners are forced to download all the reforged assets even if they didn’t buy it, reforged is just a graphic switch, this is why the old bnet is gone too, the classic game is no more, reforged is the standard version now but if you owned the original game you get to play with the good graphics and you can play 30$ to unlock the terrible model switch if you want for whatever reason

i see; so, technically its all WC3R now, but the $30 gives you the new graphics? not the worst idea i guess

Oh dont forget… they privatized all custom maps. YOU make it with their tech? they get to keep it. Dont want another DOTA team coming out and making it big

People have known this since it was first announced. No idea where the crazy idea of there being two separate games came from as it never made sense to begin with.

This has pretty much always been the case. That said Blizzard is quite reasonable and does respect what players create, as long as it is worth respecting.

If you only knew…

agree agree !! this is a sentence