Is WarCraft 3 Classic free now?

Im asking for second time while nobody at all is answering me so dont complain that people hate things. How do I activate my keys?? I cant play at all while having RoC and TFT both. How is that possible??

Somewhere in your Bnet account on Bnet website.

I just clicked my old warcraft 3 icon, and reforged opened :smiley: so probably it is not possible anymore

You have 90 days for port you old account on reforged. Then they shut down the old client

Yeh you could download games like w3 & frozen throne from your account on bnet website, and after downloading them, you needed to enter cdkeys, it was like that in past.

1 Like

lol … Is the TCP/IP option also disabled?
Look, they discontinued Bnet support for a 20 year old game, and re-released that game so that it would work on a modern OS. You are still able to play the old WC3 if you have a computer capable of running it, and you can play LAN/IP games if said computer is networkable.
I think you just woke up yesterday morning and needed a reason to be angry.

20 year old game was still running on my win 10, so you are clueless here, sry.

lol Oh. My. God.

How can so many people, who appear intelligent enough to operate a PC, be so profoundly stupid?..

Let me lay it out so there is no misunderstanding:

1. WC3 (the original game, that you installed off a CD, and unlocked with a CD key) is still playable.
  2. TFT (the expansion set, also installed off a CD, also unlocked with a CD key) is also still playable.
  3. Neither the base game from 2002, nor the expansion set-enhanced version of the same, are played from the Bnet launcher. THIS LITERALLY HAS NOT CHANGED; you open them instead by directly opening the app.
  4. That said, you cannot play the old WC3 in multiplayer games on Bnet anymore. Part of the reason Blizzard released Reforged is because the old WC3 doesn’t work on some of the newer OSes. So they updated the old game, bundled it with its expansion set, and charged you half the price you’d normally expect to pay for a new full game in 2020. (those evil bastards!)
  5. However, LAN/TCP/IP is still an option. You can still network with other players and play games in the old app. Just not through Bnet.
2 Likes

If you live in China you can play the game for free.

:+1: Good for you! So what’s the problem?

Probably not true. Also, not funny! So, a two-fer: it’s a lie AND a bad joke!

I’m being 100% honest. Netease is Blizzard’s Chinese partner and offers WC3 free-to-play.

They pretty much had to do this because the game was already so heavily bootlegged in China. What’s worse is that they make all their money from selling skins and custom maps at unreasonable rates, including stolen copyrighted materials that they profit from.

BLIZZZARD PLEASE MAKE CLASSIC FREE TO PLAY YOU MIGHT GET NEW PEOPE THAT MIGHT WANT TO BUY REFORGE SO IT COULD BE A BUSINESS MOVE AS WELL AND KEEP THE GAME ALIVE!
Classic Warcraft 3 should be free 2 play - General Discussion - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com)